Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part IX

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Not yet. Let's give it another game. Am positive that the "Quinn ruins prospects" is only a game away.

When it was deserved he got criticism. When he improved his deployment a bit I stopped. Not hard to figure out.

I actually like Quinn and hope he succeeds.... I’m pulling for him. But there has been reason to be concerned.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Throwing him out there full time with Mikachu or Panarin would be great, but also would put him against much tougher matchups, especially on the road. Low and slow is the way to go for now. He'll have his moments with the big boys where the lines briefly get mashed up during changes on the fly and he might catch the opposition tired in their own zone. All he needs is 15 seconds with the big boys and he's got something cooking already

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm proud of the way he got from A to B, in terms of struggling in Hartford and going home (and struggling there) to really dedicating himself to all phases of the game, making significant improvement, and coming over here ready to go. It's great to see and a real credit to his character.

Though the production hasn't been there yet, I think he's been every bit as effective as he was in the KHL. I even saw him chip a puck in deep last night. I wept tears of joy. :laugh: I'm still not 100% sold on him becoming an elite offensive producer, but what he has shown thus far is really encouraging.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I'm proud of the way he got from A to B, in terms of struggling in Hartford and going home (and struggling there) to really dedicating himself to all phases of the game, making significant improvement, and coming over here ready to go. It's great to see and a real credit to his character.

Though the production hasn't been there yet, I think he's been every bit as effective as he was in the KHL. I even saw him chip a puck in deep last night. I wept tears of joy. :laugh: I'm still not 100% sold on him becoming an elite offensive producer, but what he has shown thus far is really encouraging.

He's a high-danger-situations production machine. Don't know what his conversion rate will be so it would look like a lot of a lot of opportunities wasted (and that could make a lot of folks keep frustrated - not unlike the takes on Buchnevich since he got to NY) but it's going to be at least top-6 level.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I will say I liked Quinn experimenting with the lines in the third period. This was one of the rare games where I felt comfortable after the first period we'd win it, the only question was by how much After 2 it was done. So good on Quinn to move Kravtsov around and other players.

Reactions: haveandare

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
He's a high-danger-situations production machine. Don't know what his conversion rate will be so it would look like a lot of a lot of opportunities wasted (and that could make a lot of folks keep frustrated - not unlike the takes on Buchnevich since he got to NY) but it's going to be at least top-6 level.
He has a MUCH better shot than Buch so I don’t foresee finishing being an issue

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
I will say I liked Quinn experimenting with the lines in the third period. This was one of the rare games where I felt comfortable after the first period we'd win it, the only question was by how much After 2 it was done. So good on Quinn to move Kravtsov around and other players.
Lol I thought they were going to bust out in the 3rd. My bookie gonna be happy I thought so too.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
They should really do what Anaheim is doing with Zegras. Send him to the A for a little bit to develop as a center.

No. Anaheim season is done, while Kravtsov is helping the Rangers playoff push.

And if you want an exactly comparable situation (even though it’s not) how many games Zegras spent with the Ducks playing the wing before being sent down?

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
They should really do what Anaheim is doing with Zegras. Send him to the A for a little bit to develop as a center.

other than guaranteeing him max mins, there is no upside to that.
He has starred in best league outside NHL, a boy among men.

And as I have said.
Kappo is a good mix with Panarin who would watch over them both.

most mins line
Kakko-Kravtsov-Panarin

2nd most
LaF-Chytil-Gauthier

3rd
Kreider-Zib-blackwell

that's the ticket.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad