Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part IX

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I'm not sure if I'd go quite that far haha

Chytil's ceiling is pretty damn high. He's got all the tools, in spades.

There are so many ways that he could end up getting more from his gifts. He could put increased priority on possession and using his vision, or he could get paired with guys that can play the north-south game at his pace, or he could add a net-front presence to his repertoire and become a Kreider-like threat on the wing. Even just continued growth into that frame is going to make games a lot less fun for the defensemen that he relentlessly attacks with his speed and stick-handling. Right now, to me, he feels like a bit of a square peg for a round hole, but that has nothing to do with the value of the peg; he still has potential beast written all over him.

I feel like we have so much young talent that we keep backing ourselves into corners where we're putting one down to praise another. The reality is that Chytil, Kravtsov, Kakko, and Lafreniere all have first line elite potential, and it's very likely that none of them will be done improving until at least 2022-2023.
See, this is the kind of stuff that really irks me, because why would I put down a 21 year old who both plays well and produces? I’m not trying to put him down at all. I love Chytil, and my statement was more about how good Kravtsov is. To me, Kravtsov is a 1st liner already, and I’m just saying that Chytil’s ceiling is a 1st liner in the mold of Kravtsov. Pretty sure that is an optimistic view of Chytil’s ceiling compared to other views.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
See, this is the kind of stuff that really irks me, because why would I put down a 21 year old who both plays well and produces? I’m not trying to put him down at all. I love Chytil, and my statement was more about how good Kravtsov is. To me, Kravtsov is a 1st liner already, and I’m just saying that Chytil’s ceiling is a 1st liner in the mold of Kravtsov. Pretty sure that is an optimistic view of Chytil’s ceiling compared to other views.

I think it's a little early to say that Kravtsov is a 1st liner already as much as I've loved his game.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
yikes lol

that would be very disappointing. feel Chytil has significantly more tools and more talent.
This. I was having discussions with some guys on the main boards. Guys like Turcotte weren’t scoring highlight reel goals in the NHL at 1. Chytil just has to be more consistent. He’s taken a great step this year. He’s still a puppy

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I’m excited about Kravtsov and all but maybe I’m not quite seeing what everyone else is. He is noticeable to me on the ice which is good (compared to Kakko his rookie year where he was blah too often, and Lafreniere as well this year).

But he still has just 1 point in 7 games. He’s not exactly looking to me like he’s on the verge of breaking out either, as much as I want him to be.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I’m excited about Kravtsov and all but maybe I’m not quite seeing what everyone else is. He is noticeable to me on the ice which is good (compared to Kakko his rookie year where he was blah too often, and Lafreniere as well this year).

But he still has just 1 point in 7 games. He’s not exactly looking to me like he’s on the verge of breaking out either, as much as I want him to be.

He can and should easily have 3-4 points in 7 games right now and has looked good compared to how Kakko and Laf looked starting out.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I know it's still early, and Chytil is only 21 but I more and more get the feeling that he tops out as a streakier version of Anisimov

Just like one could see more from Chytil than Andersson, one can see more from Kravtsov than Chytil.

A year or two of development can change everything, but right now I see it as:

Kravtsov
Kakko
Laf
Chytil

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Just like one could see more from Chytil than Andersson, one can see more from Kravtsov than Chytil.

A year or two of development can change everything, but right now I see it as:

Kravtsov
Kakko
Laf
Chytil

Chytil has been the most productive this season, I know he has more experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad