Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part IX

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I have a hard time nailing down Chytil. Sometimes he looks like Baby Jagr. Other times he looks like Marcel Hossa.

Yeah, that's the frustrating part, and something I remember seeing in Anisimov as well

On his best day, Anisimov was a dominant force who won us a game singlehandedly, but then there was a stretch of games where his name wouldn't even pop up on the broadcast.

Chytil has that too.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I’m excited about Kravtsov and all but maybe I’m not quite seeing what everyone else is. He is noticeable to me on the ice which is good (compared to Kakko his rookie year where he was blah too often, and Lafreniere as well this year).

But he still has just 1 point in 7 games. He’s not exactly looking to me like he’s on the verge of breaking out either, as much as I want him to be.
POINTS SHMOINTS!

Reactions: will1066

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Yeah, that's the frustrating part, and something I remember seeing in Anisimov as well

On his best day, Anisimov was a dominant force who won us a game singlehandedly, but then there was a stretch of games where his name wouldn't even pop up on the broadcast.

Chytil has that too.
I think Chytil has far more talent than AA, he's definitely been ahead of him at the same age every step along the way. Those teams didn't have much talent so Anisimov was in a much larger role early on than Filip. AA was also a guy that really honed in on his 2 way ability under Torts as the offense didnt translate as much. Aside from the gun celly, the most prominent thing I remember about AA would be him getting absolutely flatlined once a game:laugh:

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
This probably isn't the place to dive into Chytil vs. Anisimov but at ages 20/21 Chytil is far outproducing Anisimov. Chytil is 89 gp, 21-18-39 while Anisimov was 83 gp, 12-16-28. That covers 2019 to 2021 for Chytil and 2008 to 2010 for Anisimov.

Obviously I think we could all agree that the past two years for Chytil have probably been much more mentally difficult and different than what Anisimov might have had to deal with.

Also I was ready for Kravtsov to go out and score next shift after seeing his reaction on the bench.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Quote from Strome, that sums up nicely what we've been seeing
(Copied from TheAthletic, Carp's game article which leads w long section re Trouba)

"He’s super confident with the puck. He makes really high-skilled plays but not really high risk, which I think a young player tends to do in this league — which is force it a little bit, and certainly what I went through. I think he’s done a really good job of taking what he sees in front of him and making the smart-but-skilled play. He’s certainly fit in really nicely. It’s been a really nice addition. He’s done everything he’s been asked to do. He plays hard, he’s smart out there, he’s very responsible and obviously, it’s very encouraging to have a guy like that step in and be able to help us at this crucial time.”

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I’m excited about Kravtsov and all but maybe I’m not quite seeing what everyone else is. He is noticeable to me on the ice which is good (compared to Kakko his rookie year where he was blah too often, and Lafreniere as well this year).

But he still has just 1 point in 7 games. He’s not exactly looking to me like he’s on the verge of breaking out either, as much as I want him to be.

There is always too much focus on production which in hockey just is bound to be very volatile, but you do have a point. If anything it’s some kind of odd positive side effect to Kakko and Laf not scoring. People aren’t getting impatient with Kravy not getting on the board.

Reactions: CLW and TheDirtyH

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Ahh.....there it is. Yet another promising young player who is being magically turned into a grinder

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Dude is slick out there.

I know it's been the Devils but having him in the lineup gives Quinn the ability to roll 4 lines. Spreads out the talent better and in turn makes the team stronger. Also keeps the top lines a tad fresher and it's noticeable.

Man, I wish this was a full season.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
It counts where it matters most.... in our hearts :)

7mK2ANo.gif

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
VK after his off sides goal, all business, heart rate too low AGAIN, just another day at the office until....

upload_2021-4-16_10-2-44.png

upload_2021-4-16_9-55-53.png

...out of the corner of his eye, he spots everyone's favorite meme artist....
upload_2021-4-16_10-3-36.png

...89 American Buch and he can't help bursting out in a huge smile!
upload_2021-4-16_9-57-28.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-4-16_10-4-51.png
    upload_2021-4-16_10-4-51.png
    591.1 KB · Views: 2

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
It counts where it matters most.... in our hearts :)

7mK2ANo.gif
The question is, for all the VK doubters, is this proof that his deceptive release and tendency to go five hole can in fact work in the NHL? I’m pretty sure @Raspewtin knows what I’m talking about.

Anyone else getting nervous that this performance is going to lead to VK being the main piece in a trade for Eichel? Dont f***ing do it Grotons.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I don't recall a rookie coming in and making good defensive plays with such frequency.
I don't recall a rookie forward for the Rangers coming in and impressing me this much, I don't think, ever. The talent was just as evident in Kovalev, obviously, but the warts were glaring, as well.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad