Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part IX

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
He’s also always the first man back, often even beating back one of the dmen. He should be a center
I think he probably could play center, but give him a year or two in the league of steady production before putting that on him.

Sometimes you’re better off letting guys figure out their offensive game before giving them the increased burden of being down low in the D zone for half the game.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Think we're starting to seriously underestimate Kakko and Laf because of the lack of production early in their careers. Although I will say the three aren't too far apart
I'm not underestimating anyone. I love Kakko and I think he is going to be a beast if he keeps improving and getting stronger. I'm not as high on Laf, but its his first season. He may come in next year and blow everyone's doors off. Laf or Kakko may very well become the better players, but they haven't shown it to date.

I'll use the Fox example. When I watched him at his first rookie camp in Carolina, I turned to my kid and my friend and said, "that's the best kid on the ice and its not close". He just had something that made him stand out. He was the same player that we see today. Totally in control and continually making the right play. I see alot of the things that make players successful NHLers in Kravy as well.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Of all the kids on this team, Kravy gives me the impression that he is an absolute stud and will be the best of the bunch.

Maybe because Krav has made more of an immediate impact than Kakko or Laf (remember that Krav is older than both of those guys), but all three will be great. I'm really optimistic about the future of all three kids and the team, in general.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I think the immediate impact has more to do with his age than anything. I doubt a 19 year old Kravtsov would have stood out moreso than either Kakko or Laf on this team. Let's not forget he had nearly 40 games in the AHL to get used to (NA) professional hockey
He stood out more in that first preseason than Laf/Kakko have IMO

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Should have 4 points if it wasnt for the lamest offside review of all time and a magical stick wiping away a goal and assist. Not bad for your first 10 games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad