Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part IX

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

look at this pond hockey player who’s all flash and no defence

Let's hope he keeps this up. You want to see this every time he is on the ice. We're getting to a territory where we're seeing special plays by a special player. If you look at his timing, that took foresight. Meaning, he saw the future a split second before it happened and kept it from happening.

Reactions: Synergy27

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Let's hope he keeps this up. You want to see this every time he is on the ice. We're getting to a territory where we're seeing special plays by a special player. If you look at his timing, that took foresight. Meaning, he saw the future a split second before it happened and kept it from happening.
Are we seeing that more and more though or is this just a single play?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Wasn't Kravtsov. It was Karlin who scored the OT goal. I think Kravtsov led Traktor in SOG and they kept bringing up a chart stating he was the fastest skater on the ice that night and had traveled the most distance.
Yea changed it, my app originally said he scored it but changed it a min later. He did assist on it though.

Reactions: CaptTennille

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I think Kravtsov led Traktor in SOG and they kept bringing up a chart stating he was the fastest skater on the and had traveled the most distance.

From post-game reports I don't see any SOG for Kravtsov in this game. Maybe they were talking about his season, not this particular game.

Reactions: CaptTennille

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
From post-game reports I don't see any SOG for Kravtsov in this game. Maybe they were talking about his season, not this particular game.
He definitely had a nice shot along the right side on one of their powerplays. Didn't watch the third period. Good to hear Traktor pulled off the win and Kravtsov was in on the winner.

CaptTennille

President of the Blair Betts Fan Club
May 24, 2017
Brooklyn
He definitely had a nice shot along the right side on one of their powerplays. Didn't watch the third period. Good to hear Traktor pulled off the win and Kravtsov was in on the winner.
The graphic showed 5 SOG, but I didn't watch the full game so I'm not really sure.

Whatever the case may be, he definitely looks more engaged and attentive defensively. His skating is so fluid and efficient that it allows him to cover a lot of ground without blowing himself up. I could see him being one of those players in the NHL that old-school people think is one dimensional without understanding how good his underlying transition defense is.

Reactions: egelband and bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
No matter when the season starts I hope he stays the entire duration with Traktor this year. Including the playoffs. Would be great for his development especially with Traktor looking competent this season.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
No matter when the season starts I hope he stays the entire duration with Traktor this year. Including the playoffs. Would be great for his development especially with Traktor looking competent this season.

Traktor are 4th in their conference, 10 points ahead of the teams outside the play offs. They are having a good season

Reactions: Rongomania

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The graphic showed 5 SOG, but I didn't watch the full game so I'm not really sure.

Whatever the case may be, he definitely looks more engaged and attentive defensively. His skating is so fluid and efficient that it allows him to cover a lot of ground without blowing himself up. I could see him being one of those players in the NHL that old-school people think is one dimensional without understanding how good his underlying transition defense is.

I go to the KHL official site for game related statistics. Here's the link to today's game. Traktor was credited with a total of 19 SOG, none for Kravtsov. I missed today's game so can't personally confirm if this is true or not but I read post game presser from Metallurg's head coach who made a note of SOG differential in his team's favor so that's consistent with these 19.

Хоккей. КХЛ. Регулярный чемпионат. Игра номер 268 10 нояб. 2020: Трактор-Металлург Мг (онлайн трансляция)

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Traktor are 4th in their conference, 10 points ahead of the teams outside the play offs. They are having a good season

Exciting! So, best case scenario is Krav plays in the KHL playoffs and then joins the Rangers, or do you think we will pull him over when the NHL gets moving, regardless of what Traktor is doing?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Exciting! So, best case scenario is Krav plays in the KHL playoffs and then joins the Rangers, or do you think we will pull him over when the NHL gets moving, regardless of what Traktor is doing?

I don't know. I hope that he stays in Russia until his season ends. Let him develop in the KHL play offs.

We cannot afford him at the moment anyway because we simply don't have the cap space for him

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I don't know. I hope that he stays in Russia until his season ends. Let him develop in the KHL play offs.

We cannot afford him at the moment anyway because we simply don't have the cap space for him

That would be a mistake

What I figured, even felt weird typing that lol. Would love to see him have a nice KHL playoff and come over.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
What I figured, even felt weird typing that lol. Would love to see him have a nice KHL playoff and come over.
I know I'm in the minority but If our top 6 does what they are capable (even our top 9) I would be more than ok keeping him in the KHL next year as well. I just don't want him coming over here later this year and playing on the 4th line or being scratched.
He's still only 20.

Reactions: Rongomania

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I know I'm in the minority but If our top 6 does what they are capable (even our top 9) I would be more than ok keeping him in the KHL next year as well. I just don't want him coming over here later this year and playing on the 4th line or being scratched.
He's still only 20.

Yeah, it feels phenomenal to be poised to possibly be in a position like that (if the top 6-9 is burning it up this season). I totally agree, no need to rush the kid.

Reactions: bl02

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
He's still only 20.

Personally I think it would be good if Kravtsov came over after his KHL season is over (including playoffs). The benefit would be

1. Continuing to learn from participating in practices and getting advice from the coaching stuff and players
2. There's nothing wrong with getting limited 4th line minutes - easier competition against and keeping attention on the defensive side. A lot of players (eg. Buch) spent time on the 4th line until he was moved up on merit. This could also push those ahead of him to play better. Competition is good
3. Being insurance policy in case of injury to those in top-9 spots

Reactions: egelband

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Personally I think it would be good if Kravtsov came over after his KHL season is over (including playoffs). The benefit would be

1. Continuing to learn from participating in practices and getting advice from the coaching stuff and players
2. There's nothing wrong with getting limited 4th line minutes - easier competition against and keeping attention on the defensive side. A lot of players (eg. Buch) spent time on the 4th line until he was moved up on merit. This could also push those ahead of him to play better. Competition is good
3. Being insurance policy in case of injury to those in top-9 spots

I would prefer him getting top line minutes in an environment he is comfortable in as he continues to mature physically and in the way he plays the game over playing less than 8 minutes on the 4th line. But if he at least plays the rest of the season in the KHL along with some KHL playoffs hopefully I would be ok with that.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I would prefer him getting top line minutes in an environment he is comfortable in as he continues to mature physically and in the way he plays the game over playing less than 8 minutes on the 4th line. But if he at least plays the rest of the season in the KHL along with some KHL playoffs hopefully I would be ok with that.

Yeah, I know the reports have been inconsistent (so I would like to not go into it) but personally I think Kravtsov contractually will need to stay with Traktor through the end of their season, so my position is based on Kravtsov coming over not before March and having a benefit of a full season as one of Traktor's main wingers.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Another game against one of the top teams (actually the top team at the moment) in the Eastern Conference Ak Bars.
Kravtsov is again 1RW with Byvaltsev and Kalinin.

Reactions: bl02

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad