Visiting Minnesota? Everything you need to know here!

difcog

Oct 24, 2013
I think there is a mobile app you can use, but otherwise you should just be able to load up the Ticketmaster site on your phone (if that's where you get them). Once you purchase the tickets, they provide you with a QR code on your account that they scan to let you in. You can keep all the tickets on one phone and just tell them you have multiple, and they'll just scan each one individually. I'd recommend pulling them up ahead of time just so you don't get stuck having to login. Pretty smooth process in general, I've done it plenty of times.
Thank you for your help! I was thinking of maybe using seatgeek since it's slightly cheaper. Does anyone have experience with seetgeek's ticket?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Thank you for your help! I was thinking of maybe using seatgeek since it's slightly cheaper. Does anyone have experience with seetgeek's ticket?
I've never used it, but I imagine the experience would be very similar, where you would go into your "purchased events" or whatever, and they would provide you with some sort of bar code.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Plane tickets and tickets for the Lightning and Panthers game 16th and 20th of January are now booked! Bought those 'Theme tickets packs'.
What i have left to book is the Stars game on the Sat. and a decent hotel near the X.

What hotel would you recommend?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Plane tickets and tickets for the Lightning and Panthers game 16th and 20th of January are now booked! Bought those 'Theme tickets packs'.
What i have left to book is the Stars game on the Sat. and a decent hotel near the X.

Well, if you're looking for proximity to the arena, the Holiday Inn on Kellogg and 7th is literally right across the street from the X. Walking distance from plenty of bars and restaurants as well.

It's nothing overly fancy, it's a Holiday Inn. But if you're just looking for a decent place to crash, near the arena, that's a good spot.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

We stayed at the Intercontinental walking distance from the X when we were there. I liked it, nice views over the river.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I use SG all the time and have never had any problems. I do download the tickets as a PDF just in case my phone data decides to not want to cooperate.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Let me preface by saying I didn't read through this thread...

I'll be going to Minneapolis in October for the Vikings game. Been there before but mostly ate at either the mall, at the game or random places near the hotel/US Bank. The only place I remember going was City Works to watch the games on Sunday (went to the MNF game against the Saints in 2017.)

Any other good places to eat/bars to go on a Saturday night? I'll be flying in Saturday morning for the game on Sunday.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Let me preface by saying I didn't read through this thread...

I'll be going to Minneapolis in October for the Vikings game. Been there before but mostly ate at either the mall, at the game or random places near the hotel/US Bank. The only place I remember going was City Works to watch the games on Sunday (went to the MNF game against the Saints in 2017.)

Any other good places to eat/bars to go on a Saturday night? I'll be flying in Saturday morning for the game on Sunday.
You've Never Met A Place Quite Like This

schommer75

Oct 2, 2010
Hey guys
Flying in to MSP the 12th for the home opener

Staying at the intercontinental in St. Paul, won’t have a car so planning on taking the train to the mall to kill time before check in and the bus over to the hotel
any place near the Xcel to grab a beer in a Crosby jersey?

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Hey guys

Staying at the intercontinental in St. Paul, won’t have a car so planning on taking the train to the mall to kill time before check in and the bus over to the hotel
Plenty of establishments within 3 blocks of the X

Reactions: schommer75

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Hey guys

The 7th Street Truck Park is a cool place to grab a beer. It's also attached to New Bohemia, which is a cool place too. Probably upwards of 40 beers on tap between the two bars. Like 2 blocks away from the X too, can't beat the location.

Reactions: schommer75

RaskIsABrickWall

Jun 8, 2013
Shrewsbury
My GF is from Minny and the Bruins are out there Feb 1st (Saturday thank god) so we are flying out that weekend for my annual Bruins away game. Should be nice and warm outside.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
My GF is from Minny and the Bruins are out there Feb 1st (Saturday thank god) so we are flying out that weekend for my annual Bruins away game. Should be nice and warm outside.
If you happen to be here during a February thaw it could be in the 40’s. Or it could be -20. Ya just never know dontchya know

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Coming down tomm to watch the Eagles smoke the Vikes from Wpg, if the roads arent closed, its miserable here !!!!

Staying in St Paul, any good sports bar suggestions for Sat night??

Thanks

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Thanks guys!

Any good BBQ-joints that’s worth mentioning?

You're a Norwegian, right? Then you should visit Norway House, they have a cafe there serving kjøttkaker :DD

You may even find Zuccarello there, I hear he loves the place.
When you are in the area it's easy to find, it's a pretty big brick building with blue paint.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad