Visiting Minnesota? Everything you need to know here!

teeks643

Feb 2, 2010
Hey everyone! My wife and I will be taking my kids to the Jays/Twins series in July this year. I have tickets for Thursday, looking for tickets to the Friday-Sunday games. If anyone knows season ticket holders who would be interested in selling please let me know!

If anyone is interested in travelling to Winnipeg for the March 20 Jets/Wild game, I have two tickets to that one and would be interested in working them into a trade for Twins tickets.

Thanks for any help!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Hey everyone! My wife and I will be taking my kids to the Jays/Twins series in July this year. I have tickets for Thursday, looking for tickets to the Friday-Sunday games. If anyone knows season ticket holders who would be interested in selling please let me know!

If anyone is interested in travelling to Winnipeg for the March 20 Jets/Wild game, I have two tickets to that one and would be interested in working them into a trade for Twins tickets.

Thanks for any help!
I think StubHub is the Twins official resale market - you should be able to find tickets for most every game there.

Because it's the official twins resale market, the tickets are verified and guaranteed.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Going to be staying in Bloomington for a few days for business. There's 2 Wild games during my trip and I was hoping to catch one.

Is an uber from Bloomington to the game and back reasonable? What's grabbing a taxi/uber outside the arena like after a game? Chaos?

Thanks

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Going to be staying in Bloomington for a few days for business. There's 2 Wild games during my trip and I was hoping to catch one.

Is an uber from Bloomington to the game and back reasonable? What's grabbing a taxi/uber outside the arena like after a game? Chaos?

Thanks

Piece of cake.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Thanks

I've seen taxi lines up after a game, but don't recall ever seeing anyone use them.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Hello all, Jets fan coming in peace...

My 14 yr old son is a die hard Capitals fan and we plan on making the drive from Winnipeg to Minneapolis for the March 1st Wild/Caps game. I thought it would be really cool if I could somehow find out which hotel the visiting team would normally stay at. Would anybody here be able to help me out with that info? And also any advice that could help make our game day experience better. Thanks and much appreciated in advance!!

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

My 14 yr old son is a die hard Capitals fan and we plan on making the drive from Winnipeg to Minneapolis for the March 1st Wild/Caps game. I thought it would be really cool if I could somehow find out which hotel the visiting team would normally stay at. Would anybody here be able to help me out with that info? And also any advice that could help make our game day experience better. Thanks and much appreciated in advance!!
I think visiting teams invariably stay at the St Paul Hotel, right across Rice Park from the X.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I think visiting teams invariably stay at the St Paul Hotel, right across Rice Park from the X.

When I was there, the Blackhawks stayed at the Intercontinental which is near the X as well. Might want to check that place too if they aren't at the St Paul Hotel.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Hello again Minnesotians. Just out of curiosity, how wold life be in St.Paul or anywhere in Minnesota be, with a gross income of $39500US? Could've I had a 2 rooms and not go to bed hungry all the time? What would life be, with my Norwegian low income, before taxes?

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Hello again Minnesotians. Just out of curiosity, how wold life be in St.Paul or anywhere in Minnesota be, with a gross income of $39500US? Could've I had a 2 rooms and not go to bed hungry all the time? What would life be, with my Norwegian low income, before taxes?

39k is pretty low income in MN, youd have a tough life anywhere even remotely close to the cities.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

39k is pretty low income in MN, youd have a tough life anywhere even remotely close to the cities.
The Twin Cities would be rough on $40k. Somewhere like Duluth might be alright, though.

Man, I miss Duluth.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The Twin Cities would be rough on $40k. Somewhere like Duluth might be alright, though.

Man, I miss Duluth.
Yeah, and pretty much anywhere in between would be just fine at that salary as well.

Homes can get pretty cheap in the boonies.

Reactions: Bazeek

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Thank you all, for your responses. It was like I suspected, a low income there as well. Dreaming is free, though.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Thank you all, for your responses. It was like I suspected, a low income there as well. Dreaming is free, though.
One thing to consider is that your current income might not necessarily reflect the income that you might make there. I would check glassdoor.com to see if the salaries align.

Muh

Beadle
Dec 9, 2010
Sloatsburg, NY
Hey gang. From NY, will be in Rochester MN for the d3 womens college volleyball natty tournament wednesday-sunday.

Has HS hockey started for you guys yet? If not, Could anyone point me in the right direction of the best hockey I can find in that area?

thanks in advance, feel free to dm

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
Hey gang. From NY, will be in Rochester MN for the d3 womens college volleyball natty tournament wednesday-sunday.

Has HS hockey started for you guys yet? If not, Could anyone point me in the right direction of the best hockey I can find in that area?

thanks in advance, feel free to dm

I thought HS hockey started this week, but games don't really pick up until Wednesday the 24th.

Depends on what you mean by "The best hockey I can find". Staying in Rochester will limit your choices some, but upon a bit of searching I found that the Rochester Grizzlies (Junior team) play on Friday and Saturday. If you don't mind traveling, There's likely to be a college game or two up here in the cities that weekend. Would have to look on specifics regarding that.

EDIT: The Goofs (Gophers) are in town that week to play Ohio State at Mariucci Arena (Minneapolis). I think that's 1.5 hour drive from Rochester

Last edited:

Muh

Beadle
Dec 9, 2010
Sloatsburg, NY
I thought HS hockey started this week, but games don't really pick up until Wednesday the 24th.

Depends on what you mean by "The best hockey I can find". Staying in Rochester will limit your choices some, but upon a bit of searching I found that the Rochester Grizzlies (Junior team) play on Friday and Saturday. If you don't mind traveling, There's likely to be a college game or two up here in the cities that weekend. Would have to look on specifics regarding that.

EDIT: The Goofs (Gophers) are in town that week to play Ohio State at Mariucci Arena (Minneapolis). I think that's 1.5 hour drive from Rochester

Appreciate the reply.

yeah, was hoping to not travel an hour plus. Was more interested in any HS in area, or travel/select teams in Rochester.
Can’t guarantee my availability, as its based on my friends daily volleyball success. So was looking for anything in the immediate Rochester vicinity.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
Appreciate the reply.

yeah, was hoping to not travel an hour plus. Was more interested in any HS in area, or travel/select teams in Rochester.
Can’t guarantee my availability, as its based on my friends daily volleyball success. So was looking for anything in the immediate Rochester vicinity.

Then your best bet is the junior team, I think. I can't recall a university team in the immediate area.

Reactions: Muh

DMVhockeyman84

Aug 28, 2019
Hey, I’m a Washington Capitals fan coming in peace. I have a question. I would like to come up to St Paul for the Capitals/Wild game next month, my question is being an African-American fan would I be subjected to any kind of racism at the game? I’m not trolling or anything. This is a serious question given the kind of climate we live in now. I’ve been to several NHL arenas but I don’t want go somewhere where I’m not welcome.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
You will not have an issue.

The life altering Floyd event has given the area some warranted and unwarranted attention. And certainly a lot of sensationalization that is simply not accurate. But as a visiting hockey fan, you will not be treated better in most any market. Especially as a person of color as this market does a lot to grow the game beyond the traditional means.

Don’t let certain perceptions or “news” organizations scare you, this is still a very welcoming community for all.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad