Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates II

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Where exactly is that "from the outside"? Street names etc
Pro Shop is on 5th between Broadway and Demonbreun, nearer the back than the front of that side of the building but basically the middle. There's a Pro Shop Sign there and it's also called the Patron Entrance. The Hilton is right across from it. It's perpendicular to the street. So if you're coming from east of there walk through their plaza, cross 5th (easy crossing--usually blocked off) and go through the entry at the Pro Shop. If you turn left past the ticket taker, you'll go through the pro shop and need to go up the stairs to the concourse then veer right coming out of there and look to the left. If you go straight past ticket taker you'll see elevator right there. Go to 2nd floor and exit--it'll be very nearly across the concourse from where you get out.

For Nissan/SoBro Entrance it's on Demonbreun (good luck pronouncing that, only locals can usually get it) between 5th and 6th. The Music City Center and its parking area is directly across from there. Go through ticketing and go straight at the concourse (unless you want some tasty barbecue, then go left!), then start to look to your left around the bathrooms.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I say it kinda like dee' mun-bree-un. My 13 year old loves to call it demon brewn.
You = Local :) I hear it more as "duh (or deh) mun' bree un" but close enough.
Your 13'er knows the real pronunciation but just chooses to say it that way because it's funny. Acceptable.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Where exactly is that "from the outside"? Street names etc
IMG_20191021_235126_786.jpg

1. Nissan Entrance. Main arena entrance. The big plaza on the corner of 5th and Broadway.

2. Also on the plaza, but it's a single door with outdoor screening and is closer to your section.

3. The Patron Club/Team Store entrance. On 5th Ave, under the big Team Store sign. Basically an entrance on the side of the building. Usually there is a small screening line so you'll definitely see it.

4. SoBro entrance. At the back of the arena. There is a small bar back there called Pete and Terry's tavern. There will usually be a lot of people back there.

All entrances are very clearly marked. Nothing is really that far from 115. If you're coming in Friday, take a walk around the arena and check out the entrances. And we do have a clear bag policy at the arena.

Reminder- that game is a 1pm (Central Time) game!

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
View attachment 267455

1. Nissan Entrance. Main arena entrance. The big plaza on the corner of 5th and Broadway.

2. Also on the plaza, but it's a single door with outdoor screening and is closer to your section.

3. The Patron Club/Team Store entrance. On 5th Ave, under the big Team Store sign. Basically an entrance on the side of the building. Usually there is a small screening line so you'll definitely see it.

4. SoBro entrance. At the back of the arena. There is a small bar back there called Pete and Terry's tavern. There will usually be a lot of people back there.

All entrances are very clearly marked. Nothing is really that far from 115. If you're coming in Friday, take a walk around the arena and check out the entrances. And we do have a clear bag policy at the arena.

Reminder- that game is a 1pm (Central Time) game!

Thanks! And regarding the time... DST ends in Europe next weekend, so instead of 7 hours I will be 6 hours ahead of Nashville. Luckily I arrive in Nashville on the 31st in the morning so I can adjust a bit and will be at the arena before noon, making sure I can get in early and find my spot for warm ups near the Rangers bench

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Thanks! And regarding the time... DST ends in Europe next weekend, so instead of 7 hours I will be 6 hours ahead of Nashville. Luckily I arrive in Nashville on the 31st in the morning so I can adjust a bit and will be at the arena before noon, making sure I can get in early and find my spot for warm ups near the Rangers bench
Nice! An error up above. I was thinking the Nissan Entrance and So Bro entrance were the same. Maybe not. Anyway, the one I was talking about is on the south side of the arena, #4 on the map above. The other one is #3.

The arena opens 1.5 hrs prior to start of game. Warm ups for visiting team will be down around 107 - 114. If you're there by 12 you're plenty early. Hope you have a good time in Nashville! Watch out for pedal taverns and bachelorettes. They can be brutal.

Reactions: sparkle twin

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Nice! An error up above. I was thinking the Nissan Entrance and So Bro entrance were the same. Maybe not. Anyway, the one I was talking about is on the south side of the arena, #4 on the map above. The other one is #3.

The arena opens 1.5 hrs prior to start of game. Warm ups for visiting team will be down around 107 - 114. If you're there by 12 you're plenty early. Hope you have a good time in Nashville! Watch out for pedal taverns and bachelorettes. They can be brutal.

Nashville will be great. Tennessee will be the 11th state I visit in my lifetime. Not bad for someone living in Europe haha. Really excited about it. My girlfriend planned a trip to Radnor Lake Park on Sunday to watch the sunset so it will be a great weekend regardless of what the final score is. I am really excited about this trip. Thanks for all the info, guys!

Reactions: Adz

FFWRX

Unregistered User
Feb 12, 2007
Greenbrier, TN
You = Local :) I hear it more as "duh (or deh) mun' bree un" but close enough.
Your 13'er knows the real pronunciation but just chooses to say it that way because it's funny. Acceptable.
At least 3rd generation local. My grandmother on my mothers side moved here as a kid, and she was the last relative to move here. Actually sounding out your pronunciation sounds like what I say more than what I wrote too.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
At least 3rd generation local. My grandmother on my mothers side moved here as a kid, and she was the last relative to move here. Actually sounding out your pronunciation sounds like what I say more than what I wrote too.
My parents both moved to Nashville as young adults--mother from Alabama, father from West Virginia. I was born here so I guess I'm the first generation Nashvillian. I had never thought about that before! My grandmother moved here from WV when I was born so it seems like it should be farther back.

loyeks

Nov 11, 2017
Nashville will be great. Tennessee will be the 11th state I visit in my lifetime. Not bad for someone living in Europe haha. Really excited about it. My girlfriend planned a trip to Radnor Lake Park on Sunday to watch the sunset so it will be a great weekend regardless of what the final score is. I am really excited about this trip. Thanks for all the info, guys!

Radnor Lake is one of Nashville’s hidden gems. Parking is limited and too many people have discovered the gem (especially on Sundays). Take that into consideration when planning your transportation.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

Nashville is an amazing place to visit. Art, food, alcohol, sports, scenery, people, and a little bit of music. If there is any type of thing you are interested in, just ask.

Mcquaid9519

Jan 5, 2018
Heading to the game Saturday evening vs Dallas...anything we should do before/after the game? First time in Nashville and would like to get the best experience possible!

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Heading to the game Saturday evening vs Dallas...anything we should do before/after the game? First time in Nashville and would like to get the best experience possible!

*The game is 5:30pm, just in case you or anyone wasn't aware.*

With a 5:30 game, it depends on where you are staying and how much time you want to be out before the game/whether you will want to go back to your room before the game, etc.

Just bar hop up and down Broadway.

Saturday night on Broadway is a shitshow anymore.

If you are only talking about Saturday, there are plenty of options depending on how much time you have.

Before the game, there is the Country Music Hall of Fame or the Ryman Auditorium tour. The HOF will take a few hours, the Ryman is shorter. Or you can just listen to music at all the bars.

Tootsies is the famous one. But all of them have a band and beer.

There are a lot of restaurants around the area. All price points. It just depends on what you want to eat. Most of the better ones are on the side streets or within a block of Broadway.

You could go to the Parthenon in Centennial Park. It's a full scale replica of the Greek Parthenon. It's about a 10 minute ride away.

Reactions: Mcquaid9519

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010
Hey Preds fans. Visiting with a few friends for the upcoming game vs. Vegas. Any added perks (food/drink/lounge) when purchasing tickets in the "Sprint Club?"

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Going to the Sabres game. Are they going to hassle us in Sabre’s gear at the gate even if were from Kentucky?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Going to the Sabres game. Are they going to hassle us in Sabre’s gear at the gate even if were from Kentucky?
No, that's not really a thing here. You might get some good natured ribbing, but hassle, no. But you can't wear opposing gear in the Lexus Lounge if you have tickets for that. Have to cover til you're out of there.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
No, that's not really a thing here. You might get some good natured ribbing, but hassle, no. But you can't wear opposing gear in the Lexus Lounge if you have tickets for that. Have to cover til you're out of there.
That’s 500 level right? We’re in the G force Acura club seats. I don’t mind the ribbing just making sure there’s no gear thing like you mention

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
That’s 500 level right? We’re in the G force Acura club seats. I don’t mind the ribbing just making sure there’s no gear thing like you mention
No, seats for that are in the lower bowl--the lounge is below ground. The LL has buffet style higher end food offerings and the players walk through to go out on the ice--that's why they restrict it to people wearing Preds gear (or anything that doesn't have an opposing team on it). You can wear opposing gear anywhere else, though, including the seats that accompany the LL pass.

I sit in club seats--219. You won't have a problem, I feel sure.

Reactions: Icicle

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Okay, got my ticket for the Jets game on March 24th. How fast does Lot R fill up at Nissan Stadium?
It's a Tuesday night, you'll be fine. My friend who attends a lot of games with me parks there all the time. You may have to park near the edge but there should be plenty of space. I'd get there by 4:30 or so if you want to tool around downtown before the game--will give you time to walk the bridge and hang around downtown. If you're wearing Preds gear, head to Paradise Park
(Yeah, it reopened) before the game and collect your free (lite, very small) beer. It's the thought that counts, right? I think Alan Jackson's bar does the same thing.

I also like to go upstairs right next door to PP at the Downtown Sporting Club -- head upstairs. It's got a pretty chill vibe IMO. They have ax throwing if you're into that sort of thing (I'm not) and TV's and lawn chairs in one section which IS the sort of thing I'm into.

If you like to play pinball, there's a place on 2nd right next to Rock Bottom (2nd and Broad) that you get drinks and the pinball games are free. HQ Beercade. I don't know exactly how it works, only times I've been there were to hang before the game and someone else covered me and we took the office there and I'd paid for everything up front. But it's fun.

Once inside the arena, be sure to go get a free picture made and walk around the concourses. You can go to any floor and check it out--with the exception of the basement (Lexus Lounge area). You have to have a ticket for that one. Obviously you also have to have a ticket to go into the suites and specialty areas, but you can still walk around. You might want to check out Barrel House, where the radio show originates from, main pro shop is near there. I'm pretty fond of Puckett's barbecue, which is right across the concourse from there.

Nothing...NOTHING...is cheap. Be prepared. Friend thinks the best bang for the buck in the arena is a double chardonnay. (I don't care for wine so he has to budget for mine. Ha!)

Reactions: AdmiralsFan24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad