Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates II

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Oilers fan here.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but we're heartbroken by the tornado news coming out of Nashville. Haven't seen a Preds game there, but have definitely visited the city and loved it.

Praying for you guys.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Oilers fan here.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but we're heartbroken by the tornado news coming out of Nashville. Haven't seen a Preds game there, but have definitely visited the city and loved it.

Praying for you guys.
Unknown to a lot of people. Edmonton used to be known as the City of Champions. The unknown part is that they took that name not because of the dynasty Oilers or even the Eskimos of the CFL, they took that name because the entire city came together to rebuild the parts of the city that was devestated by a tornado. This one brings back a lot of memories from that one, my heart goes out to you folks in Nashville.

StumbleBum7

Dec 7, 2009
Pennsylvania
Hi All, I didn't know where else to reach out and since I use this board figured i'd try here. (Sorry if not allowed)

I am coming to Nashville this week / weekend for a Mini Moon since we just got married and already cancelled the trip once but can't cancel again... I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas of whats open in Nashville and if there are any recommendations for amazing Hot Chicken places or whatnot. If you have any random trip ideas please let me know. We have 4 days so looking to at least enjoy what we can.

Thanks

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Prince's if you want the real deal hot chicken. Hattie B's if you want the commercialized version.

Reactions: triggrman

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
In this case the commercial version actually doesn't suck. I like Party Fowl also.

Prince's has a food truck that might be your most accessible option depending on where you're staying. It's located at the Yee-Haw Brewery downtown. Haven't spent much time downtown since March so not sure if it is still up and running on a regular basis or not.

StumbleBum7

Dec 7, 2009
Pennsylvania
In this case the commercial version actually doesn't suck. I like Party Fowl also.

Prince's has a food truck that might be your most accessible option depending on where you're staying. It's located at the Yee-Haw Brewery downtown. Haven't spent much time downtown since March so not sure if it is still up and running on a regular basis or not.

Thanks for the advice. We are actually staying right next to the Yee-Haw Brewery. If the truck isn't open may take a uber ride out to the other one and check it out. Thanks for the input, ill look up party fowl as well. I just wanna eat all the chicken

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Thanks for the advice. We are actually staying right next to the Yee-Haw Brewery. If the truck isn't open may take a uber ride out to the other one and check it out. Thanks for the input, ill look up party fowl as well. I just wanna eat all the chicken
Go slow...even on a minimoon, you need to think of...others.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Yeehaw brewery is a cool spot. Don't know how the vibe is currently.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

You should be able to walk to Party Fowl from your hotel if right next to Yee-Haw. I'd say maybe a 10 minute walk. Stumble back...

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
Will be going to Chattanooga in October for a long weekend and then moving there next June, any advice/suggestions/"musts" while visiting?

I know it's a bit away from Nashville but I figured I would at least ask. Thanks in advance!

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I haven’t been down there in years but the Aquarium is a must see.

There is a lot of civil war history in that area as well. Chickamauga battlefield is well preserved and and a lovely park. Lookout mountain and Signal mountain are scenic.

There is Rock City, the origin of the See Rock City barn roofs. Ruby Falls. There is probably some rafting and or tubing areas near there as well.

Reactions: Jeffrey Lebowski

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Will be going to Chattanooga in October for a long weekend and then moving there next June, any advice/suggestions/"musts" while visiting?

I know it's a bit away from Nashville but I figured I would at least ask. Thanks in advance!

Ride the inclined railway for a unique experience and an incredible view of the city. Everything along the waterfront is pretty nice as well and in October you should be able to really enjoy the weather, not too hot and not too cold.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

Chattanooga Choo Choo. Even if you don't eat, at least look around the place and see the old train cars.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Good afternoon all,

I figured I’d give this a whirl. My wife and I will be moving to Tennessee by June. We are visiting for the first time this week.

I’m looking for honest pros and cons to the Nashville area and the surrounding areas.

Any tips to living in Tennessee would be appreciated. It’ll be a big change as we are moving from California.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
That's a super broad question, pros and cons can be as wide and varying as any city. Traffic in some places, crime in others, lower cost of living, etc. Any specific location, housing goals, or concerns you have?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah need a bit more detail. You want to be in a downtown area, the country, outside area like Murfreesboro, etc. Lots of things change depending on where you are looking to be and do.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
We’ve been looking at Gallatin, Hendersonville, White House. We’re hoping to check out those areas. Not looking to live in Nashville, hoping for a more sparse or mellow area.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Murfreesboro gives you good value but at a high price for traffic. Although reduced some by COVID, by some I mean a lot.

IF it's just a you and you're wife, how old are you and how much do you value the night life? I love the 12 South area and would consider that if I didn't have kids involved in sports.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
We’re in our mid thirties and will be starting a family soon. A lot of really bad years in California and we want a change.

Reactions: preds1

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
We’ve been looking at Gallatin, Hendersonville, White House. We’re hoping to check out those areas. Not looking to live in Nashville, hoping for a more sparse or mellow area.
I like Hendersonville the best out of those areas. I'm more of a south of Nashville guy, so I'd probably go Nolensville or even Eagleville over those other 2 areas.

Reactions: SouthNash

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
We’re in our mid thirties and will be starting a family soon. A lot of really bad years in California and we want a change.
We're in Hendersonville. It's a great place for what you're talking about; family life, schools, etc. It has exploded over the past few years though, building on every square inch. Good luck finding something, anything decent that comes available goes extremely fast. Gallatin is pretty good too, just up the road. Good luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad