Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates II

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
We had a really fun week in Nashville so thank you for everyone who offered advice. Did a few museums and such (Musicians HOF, TN Sports HOF, TN State Museum, the outdoor Bicentennial walking museum), went to some really good restaurants (Saint Anejo had some amazing tacos and Party Fowl had some great hot chicken poutine), went to a couple breweries and watched the Bruins at a couple bars, went to a Sounds game (double header actually), and went to some animal sanctuary type place a little out of town called the Gentle Barn that was pretty fun especially for the girlfriend. Oh and we went to Top Golf which was a ton of fun. If there was one of those around me I would spend so much money there

One thing that really stood out to me is how much Preds stuff I saw while visiting. Seemed like every store, bar, business had some Preds gear hanging in the window. We saw way more Preds stuff than Titans stuff. Way more than you'd even see up North

So kudos to you guys for repping your team like that... I was seriously impressed. Hopefully I'll be able to come down and actually go to a game soon

We had a really fun week in Nashville so thank you for everyone who offered advice. Did a few museums and such (Musicians HOF, TN Sports HOF, TN State Museum, the outdoor Bicentennial walking museum), went to some really good restaurants (Saint Anejo had some amazing tacos and Party Fowl had some great hot chicken poutine), went to a couple breweries and watched the Bruins at a couple bars, went to a Sounds game (double header actually), and went to some animal sanctuary type place a little out of town called the Gentle Barn that was pretty fun especially for the girlfriend. Oh and we went to Top Golf which was a ton of fun. If there was one of those around me I would spend so much money there

One thing that really stood out to me is how much Preds stuff I saw while visiting. Seemed like every store, bar, business had some Preds gear hanging in the window. We saw way more Preds stuff than Titans stuff. Way more than you'd even see up North

So kudos to you guys for repping your team like that... I was seriously impressed. Hopefully I'll be able to come down and actually go to a game soon

Bring the Phish from Vermont with you next time, pls.

Reactions: Pay Carl

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Evening, all! I'm going to be visiting nashville again this year, but this time with my girlfriend. I was wondering if anyone here is/has a friend who is a photographer. I'm gearing up to propose to my girlfriend of two and a half years, and am in need of someone to do some 'candid' pictures. time and place TBD, but I have a few ideas in mind - expenses paid.

If you/your friend are available this weekend (preference to saturday afternoon), please contact me via DM. Greatly appreciate any contacts you all have!

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Hello all. I am a bruins fan looking to come down for the January 7 game. I had a few questions that maybe could be answered:

1.) How is Nashville during the week? I assume it's a great lively place on the weekends, but I'm not looking to go down there for a long time. I was planning on going down that Monday morning, staying all day/night Tuesday (Bruins game at night), then flying home Wednesday afternoon.

2.) Any reccomendations for hotels or restuarants/bars?

3.) How's the area around the arena?

cynicalcitizen

Feb 6, 2014
Hello all. I am a bruins fan looking to come down for the January 7 game. I had a few questions that maybe could be answered:

1.) How is Nashville during the week? I assume it's a great lively place on the weekends, but I'm not looking to go down there for a long time. I was planning on going down that Monday morning, staying all day/night Tuesday (Bruins game at night), then flying home Wednesday afternoon.

1. Nashville is still happening during the week, though not like a big weekend. Monday will offer plenty of opportunity to do anything you'd like. The atmosphere around the arena and throughout downtown on Tuesday will be very happening.

2. Bars: Be a tourist at Legends Corner, Tootsie's Orchid Lounge, Robert's Western World, and the Stage. If you want out of downtown and want to see country music and honky tonk legendary places, I'd say wander by the Blue Bird. Restaurants: Puckett's Grocery if you want a taste of the South. Acme Seed and Feed and plenty of others offer anything you'd want. Hotel is all dependent on what you want to spend. Nashville hotels are more expensive than NYC hotels in many cases now. Hilton is right beside the arena. If money is no object, look at the historic hotels or the train depot.

3. The arena is on Broadway. You have the biggest tourist area in Nashville on the next block from the arena. It's a happening place, and will be great on a game night. It's safe, cool, and lots of fun.

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
1. Nashville is still happening during the week, though not like a big weekend. Monday will offer plenty of opportunity to do anything you'd like. The atmosphere around the arena and throughout downtown on Tuesday will be very happening.

2. Bars: Be a tourist at Legends Corner, Tootsie's Orchid Lounge, Robert's Western World, and the Stage. If you want out of downtown and want to see country music and honky tonk legendary places, I'd say wonder by the Blue Bird. Restaurants: Puckett's Grocery if you want a taste of the South. Acme Seed and Feed and plenty of others offer anything you'd want. Hotel is all dependent on what you want to spend. Nashville hotels are more expensive than NYC hotels in many cases now. Hilton is right beside the arena. If money is no object, look at the historic hotels or the train depot.

3. The arena is on Broadway. You have the biggest tourist area in Nashville on the next block from the arena. It's a happening place, and will be great on a game night. It's safe, cool, and lots of fun.

Thank you. Appreciate it!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Thank you. Appreciate it!
If you want to see something truly spectacular, go to Centennial Park and see the full sized replica of the Parthenon. Any season, any time of the day or night it is worth the visit. It's not within walking distance of the arena and Lower Broad but there are buses and rideshares if you don't want to drive. It's near Vanderbilt University on West End (which starts out as Broadway) so it's near-ish.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

LaserPEWPEW

Jul 15, 2016
Hello Nashville Fans!

Coming down Halloween weekend and want to go to the Saturday game (Preds v Rangers), we have 5-6 people and curious how easy it is to get tickets? Prices currently seem like MSG pricing lol - are prices usually ~200+? Also ticketmaster doesn't allow outsiders to buy tickets (not sure if 3rd party sites do the same)

cynicalcitizen

Feb 6, 2014
Hello Nashville Fans!

Coming down Halloween weekend and want to go to the Saturday game (Preds v Rangers), we have 5-6 people and curious how easy it is to get tickets? Prices currently seem like MSG pricing lol - are prices usually ~200+? Also ticketmaster doesn't allow outsiders to buy tickets (not sure if 3rd party sites do the same)

Tickets for a Saturday night game will be somewhat available, but not cheap in any case. I've never heard of Ticketmaster excluding non-residents from purchases except for the Blackhawk games in past years. You may want to double check that.

LaserPEWPEW

Jul 15, 2016
Tickets for a Saturday night game will be somewhat available, but not cheap in any case. I've never heard of Ticketmaster excluding non-residents from purchases except for the Blackhawk games in past years. You may want to double check that.

Thanks! Yea usually don't buy from them but they got a restriction on this game sadly anyways. Will keep an eye out on StubHub/Tickpick.
upload_2019-10-2_13-15-4.png

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
They do it for quite a few games. Just off the top of my head last year: Red Wings, Blues, Blackhawks, Rangers, Islanders...

LaserPEWPEW

Jul 15, 2016
They do it for quite a few games. Just off the top of my head last year: Red Wings, Blues, Blackhawks, Rangers, Islanders...

Does this board have season ticket holders selling tickets? I know the rangers have one where they list what games they are selling for usually face value and no stupid service fee :) - Didn't see that type of posting here.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

the area around the arena has to be one of the best if not the best in the NHL

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I'd appreciate any parking updates / suggestions this season. Usually park at Nissan Stadium but that was a couple years ago.

Coming next Thursday

Thanks

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I'd appreciate any parking updates / suggestions this season. Usually park at Nissan Stadium but that was a couple years ago.

Coming next Thursday

Thanks
You can still park there. Bridgestone Arena Event Parking | Downtown Nashville Parking
There is also the library garage, Pinnacle, Music City Center, etc. Pinnacle charges $15 - 25 depending on the event/day/whether the symphony is also playing. I'd guess lower end for next Thursday but who knows? It's kind of random.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
The couple of times I parked at Pinnacle it was severely backed up. Of course Nissan can back up too. With all the building I've heard about since my last trip didn't know how much else changed.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Sometimes I can hit Pinnacle on a light day, others it's a 45 minute wait just to start moving. And if they decide to route me the wrong way that adds another 15 minutes.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Can you buy a one way shuttle to Lot D for after the game? I kinda like to stroll over the river before the game.
They don't sell one way shuttle passes but I don't suppose you have to use it both ways if you don't want to. It's $3 round trip.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Hey guys. I am flying to Nashville next week for the Rangers game and was wondering... What entrance is closest to section 115? I can't find any info online

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Hey guys. I am flying to Nashville next week for the Rangers game and was wondering... What entrance is closest to section 115? I can't find any info online
Pro shop or Nissan entrance are both close with pro shop slightly closer. Pro shop entry has elevator if you need to avoid stairs. Pro shop is across from that section but it is lower than concourse level.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Pro shop or Nissan entrance are both close with pro shop slightly closer. Pro shop entry has elevator if you need to avoid stairs. Pro shop is across from that section but it is lower than concourse level.

Where exactly is that "from the outside"? Street names etc

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1