Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates II

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
You can get an Arvidsson jersey ... something worth wearing.

Broadway is very tourist focused from the restaurants to the shopping. Plenty of pregame spots, but, the target for everyplace is on tourists ... Hard Rock, a few musicians with eateries, etc. Pre and post game there are plenty of live shows up and down Broadway in the honkytonks.

Printers Alley has a blues/jazz spot or two.

The Nashville Symphony is only a couple hundred yards from the arena. I haven't looked at their schedule for early April. Nashville Symphony

About an hour west of Nashville is Fort Campbell with a museum if that's more your thing. There is also a winery on the edge of Clarksville with the mandatory tastings.

Hell ... there is even the Bell Witch Cave in Adams, TN just north of Nashville.

The worst part about the Jack Daniel's trip is the drive because it is in the middle of nowhere. The tour is free and they have special edition bottles only available there. pros/cons.

There is a distillery in Nashville at the old Marathon Motors site ... with tastings. If you head that way, be prepared to deal with tour busses as there is an antiques store linked to the show American Pickers in the same area.

The Gulch area of Nashville has some good places to eat. Biscuit Love is a great breakfast spot ... not cheap, can get crowded, but yummy.

Yazoo beer is brewed in walking distance from the Gulch.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
101 has you covered.

cosair distillery is an $8 Uber from the arena. definitely recommend.

HQ beercade is a cool spot for food and beer if you are into retro arcade games. games are free. it's on Broadway.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
101 has you covered.

HQ beercade is a cool spot for food and beer if you are into retro arcade games. games are free. it's on Broadway.
I second HQ. It is a lot of fun. We took our employees/freelancers there as a thank you last November. Perfect place for a bunch of nerdy animators and their bean counter (me) on a Friday afternoon. The food was good, too.

Parthenon is a must see.

If you're into wine, Arrington Vineyards and Picker's Creek Vineyards are both south of Nashville. Arrington is about 20 miles out, Picker's Creek is near Lewisburg. I've never been to Arrington but I hear it's really nice. Picker's Creek is run by some of my school chums. It's laid back and the music is good. My sister says the wine is good. (I don't care for wine, I'm a vodka or beer gal.)

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
101 has you covered.

I been to one in Chicago. All different sports on TV, good beer, free pinball machines. I believe that it is like Heaven!

I agree with Adz that the Parthenon is a good place to visit. The outside is nice, so is the inside.

Neither myself nor my wife are country music fans, but we both enjoyed the Johnny Cash Museum!

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Any advice on getting a ticket last minute? I will be in Huntsville this weekend and hoping I get out of military drill in time to drive up and catch the game. If I am not out by 430 I probably wont try to make the 2 hour drive and then find a place to park (thanks for the help there on this forum), get into the arena, etc that takes extra time.

Im not an obnoxious fan. Just looking to see a good game.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
If you're in the military then you're hale and hearty enough to make use of the free parking at Nissan Stadium. Then walk across the bridge to downtown. If it's absolutely pouring rain you can take the $3 (round trip) shuttle. There is a big convention going on at Music City Center so you may have some trouble parking there or at nearby places, but there is a lot behind the arena at the Baptist Church, a lot on 3rd near Korean Veterans Hwy, and the Pinnacle Bank Garage. None of those are cheap but they may be available.

As for tickets, I'm not up on all that (someone else can help there) but the scalpers are ALWAYS out front so that is a last resort. One of those guys has been there at least 15 years.

My sister works in Huntsville and takes a shortcut to the interstate. It only takes her around 1 hr and 45 minutes. I don't know the name of the road but I think it comes out around TN exit 6.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Any advice on getting a ticket last minute? I will be in Huntsville this weekend and hoping I get out of military drill in time to drive up and catch the game. If I am not out by 430 I probably wont try to make the 2 hour drive and then find a place to park (thanks for the help there on this forum), get into the arena, etc that takes extra time.

Here is a link to the official resale ticket marketplace

https://www.ticketsnow.com/nhl/resaleorder/nashville-predators-tickets/event/573

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

Check to see if you qualify for GovX ... they have discounted Preds tix for military. If that doesn't work out ... the secondary market is always there.

Aardvarksson

gif spammer
Apr 21, 2017
Nashville

I use the Preds Golden Ticket feature in the NHL app to get cheap tickets the day before/day of. Unless it's a popular weekend game there's usually a deal to be had. For example they have standing room only tickets for $25 all in right now for tomorrow's game. If there happens to be an open seat then you could use it (in theory ;)).

edit: golden tickets sold out..

Last edited:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I use the Preds Golden Ticket feature in the NHL app to get cheap tickets the day before/day of. Unless it's a popular weekend game there's usually a deal to be had. For example they have standing room only tickets for $25 all in right now for tomorrow's game. If there happens to be an open seat then you could use it (in theory ;)).

edit: golden tickets sold out..
thanks for the help

Check to see if you qualify for GovX ... they have discounted Preds tix for military. If that doesn't work out ... the secondary market is always there.

I was able to jump on GOVX and get a code for a cheaper ticket. hopefully they are still available tomorrow as well.

Thanks for the help

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
How much do playoff tickets usually go for?

I will be visiting for a week with my girlfriend this spring and it’ll be during playoff time. Always wanted to go to a game there so I’m hoping it won’t be too crazy. And if we can’t go to a game, what would be a good place to go watch with Nashville fans?

Also any other advice for a New Englander in Nashville would be appreciated as well. Usually when we go on vacations we like breweries, distilleries, stuff like that

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
How much do playoff tickets usually go for?

I will be visiting for a week with my girlfriend this spring and it’ll be during playoff time. Always wanted to go to a game there so I’m hoping it won’t be too crazy. And if we can’t go to a game, what would be a good place to go watch with Nashville fans?

Also any other advice for a New Englander in Nashville would be appreciated as well. Usually when we go on vacations we like breweries, distilleries, stuff like that
I would guess a $100 a ticket for the upper bowl. $125 for a decent upper bowl seat.

depends on how we finish the season and our first round opponent. assuming we look decent and we play the blues.

Reactions: Pay Carl

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Hey y’all any recommendations on bars downtown to catch the lightning game! Thanks

City Tap
Bailey's (smoke)
Corner Pub (full disclosure: haven't been to the downtown location)
Barlines (may have a band)
HQ Beercade (not sure if they'll have the sound but I was there during a Michigan football game once and it was pretty cool)

There are a lot of them. I'm trying to list ones where I think you might have a chance of getting the sound on. I also typically don't go downtown to watch sports on television so very possible I'm leaving some good options off of that list.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I was at both the Diner and City Tap for the first time 3 weeks ago. Agree on comments above. The Diner has the benefit of the open huge windows so if sit by them you can split time between eating/TV/watching scooters vs humans on the street and sidewalk below.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I was at both the Diner and City Tap for the first time 3 weeks ago. Agree on comments above. The Diner has the benefit of the open huge windows so if sit by them you can split time between eating/TV/watching scooters vs humans on the street and sidewalk below.

Those scooters are seriously a public menace- lol

I am surprised those things are allowed to be honest...

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I’m visiting from up north with my girlfriend this upcoming week

We were hoping to go to a Preds game but :-(

Anyone have any activity ideas for a couple in their mid 20’s? We don’t have much planned to be honest

We have tickets to go to a Nashville Sounds game but that’s about it as far as plans go

Any good restaurants breweries and bars too

Thanks if anyone can help

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I’m visiting from up north with my girlfriend this upcoming week

We were hoping to go to a Preds game but :-(

Anyone have any activity ideas for a couple in their mid 20’s? We don’t have much planned to be honest

We have tickets to go to a Nashville Sounds game but that’s about it as far as plans go

Any good restaurants breweries and bars too

Thanks if anyone can help

If you want a great selfie spot, check out the John Siegenthaler Pedestrian Bridge, you can get all of downtown Nashville in the background of your shot.

An activity that I always recommend that I never see anyone else mention to visitors is the Bicentennial Mall which is a walking history of Tennessee featuring a few really cool monuments and overlooked by the capital building. Right there is also the new Tennessee State Museum which is free.

Obviously if you've never done it before, take a stroll up and down Broadway, 2nd Ave and 1st Ave (Riverfront). There's a bunch of good music and food (none of it fancy) to get into

Inside Bridgestone Arena is the Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame. Directly southeast of the arena is the Country Music Hall of Fame, but I've heard that the Musicians Hall of Fame on 4th Ave is better. So if you're into that sort of thing, there are good options and there are several smaller places to visit as well.

You can hear live music up and down broadway and on a few other streets downtown, you can also check out local venues (tons) to see if anyone good is playing while you're in town.

I'm sure others have a lot of different suggestions too.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I do want to add that we have spent a little more time at City Tap lately and really like it. The happy hour food and drink specials are amazing for that area. The staff are all super friendly, at least in the bar area where we typically sit. And I still haven't even been on the roof top...

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
If you want a great selfie spot, check out the John Siegenthaler Pedestrian Bridge, you can get all of downtown Nashville in the background of your shot.

An activity that I always recommend that I never see anyone else mention to visitors is the Bicentennial Mall which is a walking history of Tennessee featuring a few really cool monuments and overlooked by the capital building. Right there is also the new Tennessee State Museum which is free.

Obviously if you've never done it before, take a stroll up and down Broadway, 2nd Ave and 1st Ave (Riverfront). There's a bunch of good music and food (none of it fancy) to get into

Inside Bridgestone Arena is the Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame. Directly southeast of the arena is the Country Music Hall of Fame, but I've heard that the Musicians Hall of Fame on 4th Ave is better. So if you're into that sort of thing, there are good options and there are several smaller places to visit as well.

You can hear live music up and down broadway and on a few other streets downtown, you can also check out local venues (tons) to see if anyone good is playing while you're in town.

I'm sure others have a lot of different suggestions too.

I do want to add that we have spent a little more time at City Tap lately and really like it. The happy hour food and drink specials are amazing for that area. The staff are all super friendly, at least in the bar area where we typically sit. And I still haven't even been on the roof top...

Perfect responses... thank you fellas

I did not know about the Tennessee Sports Museum which actually sounds awesome because I wanted an excuse to go inside Bridgestone Arena anyways

Much appreciated

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Perfect responses... thank you fellas

I did not know about the Tennessee Sports Museum which actually sounds awesome because I wanted an excuse to go inside Bridgestone Arena anyways

Much appreciated

Not sure if you care to try moonshine or not but a Yee-Haw brewing / Ole Smokey moonshine spot just opened near Music City Center. Both of these are East TN based brands.

We walked past it en route to the draft last week and it looks like it has some potential to be a great spot. (Full disclosure, I have not had a chance to go inside yet but have been to the locations in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad