Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates II

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Our 7 year old just had a blast - he had to get a Rinne jersey of course, so my quest to keep him from being a goalie continues to fail.

It's just in their blood. Start saving now. Goalie gear is pricey! Also, you may want to invest in some spackle and matching paint. One good thing, though, if a puck comes flying out of the rink area to your section they will probably catch it, just from instinct.

Rinne is an excellent example of humility and character and also does his job very well. He is a good choice, even for an Edmonton fan.

Glad you had fun.

jcme262

Jun 3, 2011
Tacoma, WA
My wife and I will be in town for the Bruins game this weekend. Without scrolling 17 pages to find the best pubs for pre game (yes I hear there’s plenty)... is there a preferred pub for visiting team fans?

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
My wife and I will be in town for the Bruins game this weekend. Without scrolling 17 pages to find the best pubs for pre game (yes I hear there’s plenty)... is there a preferred pub for visiting team fans?

Battered & Fried is the Boston sports bar
Which isn't on or near Broadway if that makes a difference. I mean it's a short Uber or Lyft away but you won't be walking to and from.

Reactions: jcme262

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Just peruse Broadway. The entire areas is filled with visitors whether here for a sporting event or not. East Nashville is just fine if you want to head out there but I think you'll have a better 'Nashville experience' sticking near the arena on Broadway.

Reactions: jcme262

Blame the referee

Aug 24, 2014
Granby
Hey..8 guys from Montreal Coming in Nashville for the first Time late november. 2 preds game (chicago, buffalo)and the titans game(NY Jets).

Does Nashville is all country, or we can find top 40’s/hip hop club near Broadway ?

Thanks

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Hey..8 guys from Montreal Coming in Nashville for the first Time late november. 2 preds game (chicago, buffalo)and the titans game(NY Jets).

Does Nashville is all country, or we can find top 40’s/hip hop club near Broadway ?

Thanks
You can find any kind of music on Broadway--and in other places, too. It's an eclectic mix of genres.

Reactions: RoyalHabs

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

Thanks
Crazy Town probably.

Crazy Town Nashville | Most Fun Around

Maybe Valentine's, or ACME on the top floor (I think they're open again. Something happened and they closed for a little while)

Broadway is mostly country because it caters to visitors that want it but you can find other stuff. The city as a whole has all kinds of music but the areas most people see when they visit is pretty much country.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoyalHabs

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Crazy Town probably.

Crazy Town Nashville | Most Fun Around

Maybe Valentine's, or ACME on the top floor (I think they're open again. Something happened and they closed for a little while)

Broadway is mostly country because it caters to visitors that want it but you can find other stuff. The city as a whole has all kinds of music but the areas most people see when they visit is pretty much country.
I loved Crazy Town. I went with a friend who swears that is NOT where we went and at some point you just let em be wrong, you know?

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I loved Crazy Town. I went with a friend who swears that is NOT where we went and at some point you just let em be wrong, you know?
If I'm ever in Crazy Town I'm probably not remembering a whole lot either. Just saying. I still hate talking about Broadway because of Parad..... nevermind

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
If I'm ever in Crazy Town I'm probably not remembering a whole lot either. Just saying. I still hate talking about Broadway because of Parad..... nevermind
Yeah, it was a fun day. We went to...there...too. And a few other places. And THEN we went to the game.

It was definitely Crazy Town. I looked on the site and they had pictures of the upstairs--it's what I remembered because of the little stage.

hockeyfan4ever

Jan 24, 2008
Does anyone know which Nashville tour or sightseeing package I should buy when I'm in town? I would prefer to buy a package of seeing as much popular places in Nashville as much as I can.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Does anyone know which Nashville tour or sightseeing package I should buy when I'm in town? I would prefer to buy a package of seeing as much popular places in Nashville as much as I can.
I've never been on a Nashville bus tour but this one looks pretty good. The New Nashville City Tour provided by Gray Line Tours | Nashville, Davidson County - TripAdvisor

I have been on a walking tour with a couple of school groups back when my kids were studying Nashville history. They are grown now so it was years ago but it sounds very much like this one and has the Downtown Presbyterian Church that I keep telling people to go see (I'm to the nagging point so people tune me out, ha!): Live Nashville Walking Tour provided by Really Entertaining Tours | Nashville, Davidson County - TripAdvisor

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The walking tour seems cool. I used to run into them outside of work a lot. I grew up here but thought about acting like I was part of the group and following with them because I've heard the tour leader say some things I had no idea about. Well not seriously doing it but ya know.

hockeyfan4ever

Jan 24, 2008
Could anyone recommend a good Meat and Three place in Nashville and also a good pub, bar or restaurant downtown Nashville around Bridgestone Arena?

Knightsrule

Jun 25, 2018
Questions re on ice warm ups at Preds game and practices

We are taking our kids to their first Preds game v Jets on the 17th.

I'm wondering about on ice warm ups and if they are the usual approx 35 mins before puck drop.

Is there any issue in getting through the gate to see on ice warm ups? I assume gates open an hour before start of game time.

Also does anyone know if practices are accessible to the public and if they are at Bridgestone what time.

Other interests, we were thinking of seeing the Tennessee sports hof but I don't recall distance from arena and the level of interest.

Thank you.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Tennessee sports HOF isn't worth the time imo. especially not with kids. unless you are just really into that stuff. it's located inside bridgestone to the right when you go in main entrance. where the gift shop and box office is.

as far as getting in for warmups, you are correct. as soon as doors open just go find your spot wherever you like. i would say they come out around 6:15 on 7:00 start. just a guess, someone may know better.

no help on the practice question.

Reactions: Knightsrule

Knightsrule

Jun 25, 2018
Re summary of top sports grills within 1 km from Bridgestone arena

We're a family of five, three kids ages 5-10, attending Preds vs Jets game.

Is there a few top grills to choose from before the game?

Thank you.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Well you posted right before the game?
With kids that age I assume fast, loud, reasonable prices and safe food, so maybe...
Martins or Jacks for BBQ
ACME
Bakersfield tacos
Broadway brewhouse maybe.... fits the description better for sports grill

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I'm wondering about on ice warm ups and if they are the usual approx 35 mins before puck drop.

Is there any issue in getting through the gate to see on ice warm ups? I assume gates open an hour before start of game time.

Also does anyone know if practices are accessible to the public and if they are at Bridgestone what time.

Thank you.
Just for future reference:

The doors open at 5:30 for a 7pm game (or 90 minutes before any faceoff).

If you're going for warm-ups, the teams come out when the clock on the scoreboard gets down to 16:00. This is a league rule, so if anyone ever goes on a road trip, they will always come out at the 16:00 mark in every arena.

I don't know the real time, but it's around 6:30 or so (about 30 minutes before any faceoff).

Practices at Bridgestone are closed to the public. Any at Centennial Sportsplex are open to the public. You can usually find a schedule on the Preds site (use the drop down menu, click the arrow by schedule, then click on practice schedule), but you may have more luck checking Twitter since things could change. Looks like Friday they are scheduled to practice at Bridgestone so it will be closed to the public.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So im going out to Kentucky April 2nd- 8th with my gf to see my grandparents, but was planning on taking a 2 night trip down to Nashville.

Any recommendations to places to see/eat while im in Nashville? We have never been... and were going to the Saturday night game(vs Chicago) , but prob going to drive in Friday afternoon so lookin for a couple other things to do while were there during Friday night/Saturday mid day. Kinda glanced through the thread and saw a couple ideas/options

Im pretty excited to go to the game(Anaheim crowds are usually pretty dead) so itll be a nice change of pace, and im hoping silfverberg gets dealt to you guys at the deadline. I imagine the game could be fairly good despite being last game of the season(could be a potential 1st/2nd round match up if Chicago continues moving up)

Is it socially acceptable to wear a ryan kesler jersey to the game? ;)

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
So im going out to Kentucky April 2nd- 8th with my gf to see my grandparents, but was planning on taking a 2 night trip down to Nashville.

Any recommendations to places to see/eat while im in Nashville? We have never been... and were going to the Saturday night game(vs Chicago) , but prob going to drive in Friday afternoon so lookin for a couple other things to do while were there during Friday night/Saturday mid day. Kinda glanced through the thread and saw a couple ideas/options

Im pretty excited to go to the game(Anaheim crowds are usually pretty dead) so itll be a nice change of pace, and im hoping silfverberg gets dealt to you guys at the deadline. I imagine the game could be fairly good despite being last game of the season(could be a potential 1st/2nd round match up if Chicago continues moving up)

Is it socially acceptable to wear a ryan kesler jersey to the game? ;)

It's never socially acceptable to wear a Kesler jersey. Duh.

What types of things are you into? There are multiple music related things to see ranging from the Country Music Hall of Fame, Johnny Cash Museum, Musicians Hall of Fame (Sun, Stax, Motown, sections for Hendrix and Cash), and tours of the Ryman. For history there is the Tennessee State Museum and the Hermitage (Andrew Jackson's home). The Frist Museum of Art. The Corvette Museum is just over an hour north of the arena. The Jack Daniel's Distillery is about an hour forty five minutes out of downtown.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It's never socially acceptable to wear a Kesler jersey. Duh.

What types of things are you into? There are multiple music related things to see ranging from the Country Music Hall of Fame, Johnny Cash Museum, Musicians Hall of Fame (Sun, Stax, Motown, sections for Hendrix and Cash), and tours of the Ryman. For history there is the Tennessee State Museum and the Hermitage (Andrew Jackson's home). The Frist Museum of Art. The Corvette Museum is just over an hour north of the arena. The Jack Daniel's Distillery is about an hour forty five minutes out of downtown.
You had me at jack daniels :P... but my gf is more into art/jazz music or musicals/theater... granted musicals/theaters we have a lot of good venues out here so idk that id bother with it in Tennessee. I think shed enjoy the johnny cash museum. Those are some pretty good ideas tho, thanks for the response.

The kesler jersey was a joke don't worry I don't actually own 1... more of a matthew Tkachuk guy myself :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad