Injury Report: Virus protocol: Feb 12. Laughton + Lindblom; Prev: Voracek, Frost, Giroux, Braun, and Sanheim Added

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hayes is an above average 2C if look at 5v5 numbers.
What sucks is he’s a very good individual player but his biggest flaw, constantly holding the puck way too long, is just so frustrating to watch because it’s not a physical issue like a lack of size, lack of speed, or cement hands.

I don’t know if it’s a low IQ thing or an ego thing, but if he would just make that one change his net impact would be significantly more positive.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
The thing about Hayes is that he plays a very different/ugly style of hockey compared to what most would expect from a prototypical top-6 center.
And guess what... he is successful because of that. There was a time in hockey where being unique and doing your own thing was a good attribute.

Reactions: kudymen

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
The thing about Hayes is that he plays a very different/ugly style of hockey compared to what most would expect from a prototypical top-6 center.

Exactly. The "ugliness" is a perfect expression and it is quite a polarizing thing, leading to many discussions here being way more heated than what was said. It is ugly and it is working so far. It is fair to point out both - without getting shat on.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I like how Hayes plays even factoring in his faults. It breaks up the monotony of Flyers games. He makes it a little more interesting. Most of the team is allergic to the puck.

He reminds me of quite a few of my former teammates (floorball). "No way he keeps the ball/puck.. he has to pass now already.. Nope....... .... aaand his line scores. Nice" :laugh:

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He reminds me of quite a few of my former teammates (floorball). "No way he keeps the ball/puck.. he has to pass now already.. Nope....... .... aaand his line scores. Nice" :laugh:

Lmao I know the type all too well.

Reactions: kudymen

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You're god damn right.
kELnsn.gif

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
If Sanheim never had it, I wonder who patient zero was.

Probably someone in his personal/family circle had it... of course, just speculation, based on no Flyers before him.

But I suppose he could have merely showed symptoms after playing against the Devils... that eventually proved to not be associated with Covid-19, but at the time caused a precautionary quarantine.

Also guessing that Giroux or Braun was/were the first Flyer(s) who had it... based on quarantine timings... and that G has been identified as having Covid-19.

Who knows for sure though?... We may never know the details on all this.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I like how Hayes plays even factoring in his faults. It breaks up the monotony of Flyers games. He makes it a little more interesting. Most of the team is allergic to the puck.

I’d like Hayes more if he could finally crack 50 points in a season. Didn’t do it last season, and he won’t do it this season, either.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hayes has more ES points than Giroux since joining the Flyers. And more SH goals. And more SH points. And more OT goals. And the same GWG.

Interesting:

Giroux 37 ES points his last 82 games
Laughton 36 ES points his last 62 games

Giroux is our 7th best F option at ES is seems now.

:sarcasm:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Hayes has more ES points than Giroux since joining the Flyers. And more SH goals. And more SH points. And more OT goals. And the same GWG.

Interesting:

Laughton only needed a 14% on-ice shooting percentage to accomplish that.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013

Interesting:

It will be really interesting to see what happens with Laughton. He's been pretty good the last two years.

The smart move would be to trade him at the deadline, but playoff teams don't do that. If Fletcher wants to re-sign him it will be a challenge to fit him under the cap. Maybe he'll accept a home town discount? But why should he?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It will be really interesting to see what happens with Laughton. He's been pretty good the last two years.

The smart move would be to trade him at the deadline, but playoff teams don't do that. If Fletcher wants to re-sign him it will be a challenge to fit him under the cap. Maybe he'll accept a home town discount? But why should he?

They'll keep Laughton until the end of the season and let him walk. Pretty simple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad