Injury Report: Virus protocol: Feb 12. Laughton + Lindblom; Prev: Voracek, Frost, Giroux, Braun, and Sanheim Added

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
They'll keep Laughton until the end of the season and let him walk. Pretty simple.
Sure, that's the most likely scenario. But letting both Raffl and Laughton walk will definitely hurt our bottom 6.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It will be really interesting to see what happens with Laughton. He's been pretty good the last two years.

The smart move would be to trade him at the deadline, but playoff teams don't do that. If Fletcher wants to re-sign him it will be a challenge to fit him under the cap. Maybe he'll accept a home town discount? But why should he?
Oh I agree....he has gotten the results even though we never expect it to continue.

They for sure won't trade him given they know the importance of C depth given last year and with Frost hurt...and Patrick's past.

They "could" re-sign him if they decided to move Patrick or Frost in a deal for a F upgrade or what they think is a D one.

Like they might look at it as to why let Laughts leave for nothing when they can sign him to replace Patricks spot in the lineup the next 3 years...and use Patrick as an asset to trade for....Dumba...who they likely view as an upgrade over Ghost. Not saying this is a good move, but it would not shock me...especially because Laughts has played wing and done very well too.

Reality is, he has been better than Lindblom and Patrick this year who are expected to be top 6 guys. Obviously they have certain reasons why, but Laughts has done more than what has been expected of him the last 2 years.....a 50 point pace/82 games. Just what we "hope" Patrick and Lindblom get to.

But the flipside of course is that as early as next year, he could be on our 4th line again and he would be overpaid.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Not really. Plenty of replacement options in-house.
We always say that. And then we see guys like Kase and Sushko play a game and they don't seem to be nearly as good as those two. Who else is there? Frost, of course, but he's a totally different player.
Sandin? Maybe, but he hasn't even played an NHL game yet.

Lots of unknowns.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Oh I agree....he has gotten the results even though we never expect it to continue.

They for sure won't trade him given they know the importance of C depth given last year and with Frost hurt...and Patrick's past.

They "could" re-sign him if they decided to move Patrick or Frost in a deal for a F upgrade or what they think is a D one.

Like they might look at it as to why let Laughts leave for nothing when they can sign him to replace Patricks spot in the lineup the next 3 years...and use Patrick as an asset to trade for....Dumba...who they likely view as an upgrade over Ghost. Not saying this is a good move, but it would not shock me...especially because Laughts has played wing and done very well too.

Reality is, he has been better than Lindblom and Patrick this year who are expected to be top 6 guys. Obviously they have certain reasons why, but Laughts has done more than what has been expected of him the last 2 years.....a 50 point pace/82 games. Just what we "hope" Patrick and Lindblom get to.

But the flipside of course is that as early as next year, he could be on our 4th line again and he would be overpaid.
Yeah, he'll probably want 3-4 million which is way too much for a 4th liner. We'll see. Could be a very different team next season.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
We always say that. And then we see guys like Kase and Sushko play a game and they don't seem to be nearly as good as those two. Who else is there? Frost, of course, but he's a totally different player.
Sandin? Maybe, but he hasn't even played an NHL game yet.

Lots of unknowns.

Kase & Sushko played because we hsr 5 forwards on COVID protocal and Frost, Allison, Laczynski*, Ratcliffe, Foerster, and Sandin are all injured.

*Tanner returned last night

Raffl is a 4th liner. He's been a valuable 4th liner but he is replaceable.

Frost replaces Laughton.

Brink will likely turn Pro next season as well.

My biggest concern remains Top 4 RHD.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Any update on whether we can expect any Covid list guys back on Wednesday or at least against Sabres?

If I'm remembering the timeline correctly, Giroux/Braun went in on Tuesday and Voracek Wednesday. NHL protocol seems to be 14 days from positive test. CDC guideline is 10 days following symptom onset, minimum of 24 hours after last fever, as long as symptoms are decreasing. So possible that Giroux/Braun could be back, Voracek is doubtful I would think, but possibly technically possible?

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Imagine what having two defensemen dress at forward ahead of him could do to Kase's confidence?

This organization :facepalm:

I am not as hard on AV as others here, but this shit annoys me. You would think they could run Friedman out as the 7th defenseman and go as I have said before 11/7. Dressing 2 defensemen as forwards and sitting a guy who would be fine as the 11th forward. There is shit that don’t make sense and then there is this. That’s how stupid that was last night.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I am not as hard on AV as others here, but this shit annoys me. You would think they could run Friedman out as the 7th defenseman and go as I have said before 11/7. Dressing 2 defensemen as forwards and sitting a guy who would be fine as the 11th forward. There is shit that don’t make sense and then there is this. That’s how stupid that was last night.
All they care about is size. Morin is big and Friedman is bigger than Kase.

That’s all it takes.

Our staff is from the Jurassic era.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad