Confirmed with Link: Vinny Lecavalier (Reports: 5 years, $4.5 per season, NMC; jersey #40; upds post #1)

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
He is quickly endearing himself in the things he says about the contract, his family, the city, the ownership. Could become a favorite very quickly.

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=771&id=262342&lang=en

Vinny Lecav interview.

Says he's a lot more comfortable playing on his off wing (RW) then he is on the Left, if they choose to put him on the Wing. When they mentioned he may have an opportunity to play on Roo's line it sounded like his voice got higher he was genuinely excited about the prospect of that. Have a feeling that was probably a big seller for him coming here. 1st PP unit looks like this IMO.

Roo-Lecav-Simmonds/Hartnell
Timonen-Voracek

Obviously simmonds or Hartnell goes where he normally goes. Roo goes to his spot and Lecav and Voracek both line up for one T's in the higher or lower slot with timonen at the top of the umbrella.
I actually like that Powerplay set up. Having Lecavalier in the right side would open up another shooting lane. His slapshot is really good as seen in the highlights against us.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Streit is much better offensively than Timonen. he should play 1st unit on the PP. plus, we need to keep Timonen more rested. there's no reason to put him out there on the PP. he's also the team's best defensive Dman. let the guy rest. putting him on the 1st PP unit is just crazy and unnecessary now that Streit is here.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
G may score more pp goals this year as teams will be cheating to cover Vinnys 1 timer. His quick shot may catch goalies off guard.

Clown Baby*

Let Giroux take the faceoff. Switch him to the left side with Hartnell headed to the slot, keep LeCavalier at RW, and support the three with Timonen and Jake on the points.

Read, Schenn/Couturier, Simmonds, Streit, and Gustafsson line up for sloppy seconds.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Let Giroux take the faceoff. Switch him to the left side with Hartnell headed to the slot, keep LeCavalier at RW, and support the three with Timonen and Jake on the points.

Read, Schenn/Couturier, Simmonds, Streit, and Gustafsson line up for sloppy seconds.

Simmonds is the teams best garbage man and goalie screener. I don't think he'd ever get moved off the 1st PP.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey

Don't forget we run the umbrella, so once play starts, Kimmo is only on the point. But I like Jake and G QBing at the circles, and Hartnell and Vinny trading off in front of the net for one-timers and rebounds. Hartnell has a great one-timer too.

I'd prefer Read in Giroux's spot on the 2nd PP, more for his shot than his pass. Streit definitely gets the point, and Couts the opposite circle. Schenn and Simmonds do the net front battling here.

Jumping

Jun 17, 2010
Atlanta Ga
No Wawa's in Atlanta. No NHL either. You can see the curve of the earth from here.

Plenty of Freakin' Ace Hardware's though.

Boltsfan2029

Jul 8, 2002
In deleted threads
Can't bear to read this thread, just too painful, so forgive me if this has already been posted. Just a glimpse at the man you're getting rather than focusing on the hockey player. I've never been able to imbed a video, but here's the link.

http://youtu.be/KG5D8XYmrG0

(And before anyone is tempted to be negative, he didn't want his name on the wing, and he didn't want his picture displayed in it. The hospital insisted, however, because they wanted the kids and their families to know who was responsible for the facility. I've toured it - it's like something out of science fiction. Just incredible.)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Can't bear to read this thread, just too painful, so forgive me if this has already been posted. Just a glimpse at the man you're getting rather than focusing on the hockey player. I've never been able to imbed a video, but here's the link.

(And before anyone is tempted to be negative, he didn't want his name on the wing, and he didn't want his picture displayed in it. The hospital insisted, however, because they wanted the kids and their families to know who was responsible for the facility. I've toured it - it's like something out of science fiction. Just incredible.)

That is fantastic...great human being!

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey

This is incredible. Thanks for sharing. He should have been a Bolt for life, blame the CBA for that one (and some unfortunate injuries magnifying a hefty cap hit). I've always loved him as a player, but I'm happier to see how he is off the ice. He'll fit in very well here, especially with how active the Flyers are in the community. His on and off ice talents and graciousness won't be wasted.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
:handclap::handclap::handclap:

The world needs more people like Vinny LeCavalier.

As much as people love to hate us, his desire for charity compliments prefectly the organizations mold.

Great vid, thanks for the sharing.

Edit: Briere is another one. Wish him all well.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Jul 3, 2013
I'm usually a big critic of Paul Holmgren but I think he's made some good moves this offseason. Buying out Bryz & Briere was a must, picking Morin & Hagg adds a lot to their defensive prospects, & signing Lecavalier gives them some veteran leadership they were lacking. I'll give him props, he's been making good moves as of late.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
There is no doubt in my mind if in year 4 or 5 of contract if we are not contending Vinny goes back to T Bay to finish his career.

Boltsfan2029

Jul 8, 2002
In deleted threads
There is no doubt in my mind if in year 4 or 5 of contract if we are not contending Vinny goes back to T Bay to finish his career.

I've mentioned this to friends - I hope that happens. I'm sure he'll enjoy his time with you folks, and I wish him all the success in the world (except against us, of course :) ), but I'm praying in the last year of his deal you folks will send him home to retire a Bolt. It would just be... right.

Boltsfan2029

Jul 8, 2002
In deleted threads
Glad you folks enjoyed the video. You're getting a very special person and I just wanted to do what little I could to make you aware of that. Best of luck to you - if it doesn't keep *us* from winning it all, I hope you can get his name on the Cup again. :) (I think you've got a few years while we're in a mini-rebuild!)

hXc Chris

Jul 11, 2009
West Chester
He'll definitely be back just like Gagne to the Flyers. Both of them stated a bunch how they loved their time in the cities and they made them their homes. I feel like when its all said and done Vinny takes residence and hopefully this buyout doesnt stop him from taking a hockey operations role with the Lightning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad