Confirmed with Link: Vinny Lecavalier (Reports: 5 years, $4.5 per season, NMC; jersey #40; upds post #1)

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
Give your head a shake, every team in the NHL(except TB) wanted Vinnie and the Flyers landed him. Emery is a lot better than the last time the Flyers had him including the surgery he had on his hip and his 17-1 record last year. Two high quality type players for the same salary as Briere's cap, well done Homer. Briere will end up being another Gomez for the Habs, you watch.

Someone's sarcasm meter is off. :laugh:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Sent my Pither GI (He wore #40) in yesterday to get a nameplate change. The Flyers Skate Zone had "Get Your Lecavalier Jersey" signs all over.

w05ate.jpg

Guess they got delivered at the Skate Zone today. Time to wait for mine. Quite the turn around by them though, less than a week?

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
I'm not even gonna address the ignorance of comparing Briere to Vinny a couple posts back but how exactly are they overpaying for these guys? Emery came very cheap and if you have paid any attention to some of the other signings recently you wouldn't be calling Vinny's contract an overpayment. Streit is right on par with the kinda money other UFAs are getting. The only thing anyone could argue about these deals is length of contract but certainly not the money. In short, to say "overpay" is just flat out dumb, I'm sorry.

The Flyers added the best d-man, forward and goalie available this off-season for less then the cost of Bryz and Briere. They didn't lose any of the young guys or core pieces in the process and are comfortably under the cap by putting Pronger on LTIR or moving injury riddled Mez when he finally gets healthy. They also aren't any cap concerns in the immediate future. Holmgren so far has had a very good off-season, arguing otherwise just makes you look ill-informed. But that comes as no surprise as the majority of fans on this site are ill-informed of the Flyers situation (mostly cap related).

Well stated.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
What possessed you to buy a Luke Pither jersey

The fact that Meigray had his GI jersey up on the website for $250. The jerseys that Meigray sells are the ones worn on the ice and are known as "Edge 2.0's". They just started selling them at retail this year and sell for $300 blank. I bought it once Lecavalier's number was released. So for $24 more I got a Lecavalier on-ice jersey, still less than a $300 retail blank.

They still have the white Pither GI available last time I checked.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
The fact that Meigray had his GI jersey up on the website for $250. The jerseys that Meigray sells are the ones worn on the ice and are known as "Edge 2.0's". They just started selling them at retail this year and sell for $300 blank. I bought it once Lecavalier's number was released. So for $24 more I got a Lecavalier on-ice jersey, still less than a $300 retail blank.

They still have the white Pither GI available last time I checked.

That's sweet haha I was just curious if you bought it a while ago.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't see any way Vinny more than doubles his goal production. That just doesn't happen. It's been 7 years since he scored over 50 goals and 6 since he even broke 30.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He could very well score 50 this year if he gets the ice time and his skill set is better then what Leclair had.

There's no way Vinny scores 50 this season. I'd be happy with 50 goals from him over the next two seasons.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I don't see any way Vinny more than doubles his goal production. That just doesn't happen. It's been 7 years since he scored over 50 goals and 6 since he even broke 30.

I agree..even 30 is a stretch but if somebody wants to be overly optimistic ..30 would be reasonable IMO. The 50 goal talk is reminscient of Jagr scoring 100+ points with the Flyers and winning the League MVP honors..

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
2 players in the entire league scored 50 goals or higher in 2011-2012. The years that this was also attainable for Vinny are long over. Due to his age, role on the team and a vastly different league.

Codith

Aug 31, 2010
If vinny scores 25, and adds some more stability to our defense from a forwards angle, Id be pretty ecstatic

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
I actually believe that if he plays 82 games or close to it he can get 30 goals. Especially if he gets some time on the 1st PP unit. I think he'll at least get 25. He's been right around that for the last 4 seasons and two of those seasons he had only played in 64 and 65 games. 30g 30a 60pts would be awesome. 25g 25a 50pts would be cool. Anything less than 50 points I'd be lukewarm unless of course he missed like 20 games or something.

Prairie Spitfire

Jul 22, 2013
Dieppe, NB
I've watched Vinny quite a bit the last few years and I have to say I'm pretty optimistic about his new start. Depending on if he plays on the 1st line or 2nd line centre, I can see him potting 24-28 goals and 35+ assists. This is assuming he stays healthy.

Coming into last season, Vinny was a monster. He was right around a point per game until he got injured and his numbers suffered as a result of playing hurt. He was winning faceoffs, throwing big hits and generally leading by example. Even dropped the mitts a few times (as you Flyer fans know :P).

If things go well, Vinny will be playing bruising-Flyers hockey while putting up points. As a Habs fan, I can only say congratulations. You're lucky to have him.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I've watched Vinny quite a bit the last few years and I have to say I'm pretty optimistic about his new start. Depending on if he plays on the 1st line or 2nd line centre, I can see him potting 24-28 goals and 35+ assists. This is assuming he stays healthy.

Coming into last season, Vinny was a monster. He was right around a point per game until he got injured and his numbers suffered as a result of playing hurt. He was winning faceoffs, throwing big hits and generally leading by example. Even dropped the mitts a few times (as you Flyer fans know :P).

If things go well, Vinny will be playing bruising-Flyers hockey while putting up points. As a Habs fan, I can only say congratulations. You're lucky to have him.

Sacrebleu!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad