Confirmed with Link: Vinny Lecavalier (Reports: 5 years, $4.5 per season, NMC; jersey #40; upds post #1)

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I wonder if Vinny is going to like the hoagies at wawa? Trying to be somewhat relevant.

Of course he is, what red blooded french canadien would not love delicious slices of meat served on soft chewy rolls made from heaven. Come to think of it, he didn't even have a choice of what city he was going to pick once he was bought out.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
I think we should revisit the Sheetz vs Wawa thread...Sheetz has burgers on a pretzel roll and fried mac and cheese soooo...

Sheetz will definitely give you the sheetz though. Wawa usually won't.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I think we should revisit the Sheetz vs Wawa thread...Sheetz has burgers on a pretzel roll and fried mac and cheese soooo...

Sheetz is pretty solid, but I think Wawa easily takes the cake.

Mr Atoz*

:baghead:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Jul 3, 2013
Not a bad move IMO, Flyers have very talented forwards but they're still young & lack veteran leadership, Vinny Lecavlier brings this to the team.

TheDrizzle81

Nov 13, 2008
Marlton NJ
Wawa needs to deliver. I want a BBQ pepper jack cheesesteak. I also want wawa to make burgers. Quickchek experimented with it and OMG.

Flying

Jun 24, 2013
Yamoussoukro, USA
i like this deal (aside from the NMC)

but to be on topic, people who prefer sheetz over wawa are just wrong

incorrect all the way through

im sorry but that's the way it is

Le Oranje

Sep 20, 2010
We have Sheetz up here, but no Wawa. Some rich person please open a Wawa franchise here. Kthx.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Vinnys agent:

The agent for newly acquired Flyers free-agent center Vincent Lecavalier said the appeal of the franchise had much to do with the player's decision to move to Philadelphia.

"We could have had a much more significant contract if he made the decision solely on money," agent Kent Hughes said Wednesday in a phone interview. "But we didn't solicit offers from everyone. We kind of narrowed it down."
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...FyQ3sBWiOdU.99

{Mod Edit} MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by a moderator:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Elias at 37 got a 3 yr contract at 5.5 mil. Vinny at 33 a 5 year contract at 4.5.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Vinnys agent:

The agent for newly acquired Flyers free-agent center Vincent Lecavalier said the appeal of the franchise had much to do with the player's decision to move to Philadelphia.

"We could have had a much more significant contract if he made the decision solely on money," agent Kent Hughes said Wednesday in a phone interview. "But we didn't solicit offers from everyone. We kind of narrowed it down."
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...FyQ3sBWiOdU.99

Suck on that main boards!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nice quote, but remember to take everything a player's agent says with a grain of salt.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The signing is great in comparison, I know the others are younger, but it is not like we signed Vinny until he is in his 40's.

Lecavalier: 5 yrs, $4.50m
Horton: 7 yrs, $5.30m
Clarkson: 7 yrs, $5.25m
Clowe: 5 yrs, $4.85m
Weiss: 5 yrs, $4.94m
Bozak: 5 yrs, $4.20m
Filppula: 5 yrs, $5m

It looks even better when compared to production in the last 3 years:

Lecavalier: 135 Points 0.8 PPG
Clowe: 126 points 0.66 PPG
Weiss: 110 points 0.64 PPG
Filppula: 122 points 0.63 PPG
Horton: 107 Points 0.63 PPG
Bozak: 107 points 0.53 PPG
Clarkson: 88 Points 0.42 PPG

whatthef

Failure is an Option
Mar 1, 2007
Upper Darby
The signing is great in comparison, I know the others are younger, but it is not like we signed Vinny until he is in his 40's.

Lecavalier: 5 yrs, $4.50m
Horton: 7 yrs, $5.30m
Clarkson: 7 yrs, $5.25m
Clowe: 5 yrs, $4.85m
Weiss: 5 yrs, $4.94m
Bozak: 5 yrs, $4.20m
Filppula: 5 yrs, $5m

It looks even better when compared to production in the last 3 years:

Lecavalier: 135 Points 0.8 PPG
Clowe: 126 points 0.66 PPG
Weiss: 110 points 0.64 PPG
Filppula: 122 points 0.63 PPG
Horton: 107 Points 0.63 PPG
Bozak: 107 points 0.53 PPG
Clarkson: 88 Points 0.42 PPG
I came in here to post pretty much the same thing. The contracts teams are handing out to day are making Homers moves look down right normal.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
http://video.flyers.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=771&id=262342&lang=en

Vinny Lecav interview.

Says he's a lot more comfortable playing on his off wing (RW) then he is on the Left, if they choose to put him on the Wing. When they mentioned he may have an opportunity to play on Roo's line it sounded like his voice got higher he was genuinely excited about the prospect of that. Have a feeling that was probably a big seller for him coming here. 1st PP unit looks like this IMO.

Roo-Lecav-Simmonds/Hartnell
Timonen-Voracek

Obviously simmonds or Hartnell goes where he normally goes. Roo goes to his spot and Lecav and Voracek both line up for one T's in the higher or lower slot with timonen at the top of the umbrella.

Last edited:

IceHot

Jan 14, 2003
Redneck Riviera
Visit site
Wawa just gave me a cheesesteak with no steak. :(

Don't feel so bad, parts of Florida butchers the concept of Steak sandwiches, some people are just clueless and or plain stupid.
Long time ago in Miami Beach they gave me a 'whole' 3/4 inch thick touch piece of steak in a roll and called it a steak sandwich
(*slaps forehead) Ok I understood that the guy making it was just off the boat and not from this country, but the next incident was mind boggling:
More recently In Jacksonville I ordered a Philly Cheese Steak and they gave me just peperoni with cheese. WTF???

If anything Vinny will miss Leroy Selmons Restaurant in Tampa, I have to wait once a year to get my fix in Bradenton ,as they don't have one here in the FL Panhandle yet. Those are by far the best Restaurants, well run great consistent food and dipping sauces.
Even the music pumped in is some of my favorite 80's alternative. :yo:

Last edited:

EstimatedProphet

Jun 26, 2013
Don't feel so bad, parts of Florida butchers the concept of Steak sandwiches, some people are just clueless and or plain stupid.
Long time ago in Miami Beach they gave me a 'whole' 3/4 inch thick touch piece of steak in a roll and called it a steak sandwich
(*slaps forehead) Ok I understood that the guy making it was just off the boat and not from this country, but the next incident was mind boggling:
More recently In Jacksonville I ordered a Philly Cheese Steak and they gave me just peperoni with cheese. WTF???

If anything Vinny will miss Leroy Selmons Restaurant in Tampa, I have to wait once a year to get my fix in Bradenton ,as they don't have one here in the FL Panhandle yet. Those are by far the best Restaurants, well run great consistent food and dipping sauces.
Even the music pumped in is some of my favorite 80's alternative. :yo:

They just opened up ten Wawas in the Tampa area. There's a bunch up in the new port richey area up along 19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad