Player Discussion Vincent Trocheck

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
There were people who were against the signing because of the contract, not what we were getting for the money. It was the right move from day 1. I don't buy the "Trocheck blocking Chytil" stuff. Chytil has done just fine and just signed a nice contract. I like strength down the middle and in a few years Chytil and Trocheck can switch places as Trocheck ages. It's a good problem for the Rangers to have.
I think theres a valid question what chytil's numbers look like if he gets trocheck's opportunities?
If he's starting the season with panarin, and they click? I think chytil is sitting around 50-60 points.

Has chytil taken a solid step forward this season? Absolutely, and it does make alot of us feel better about his production in the future but alot of us wanted the kids to be the second line.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Having Trocheck and Chytil behind Zibanejad is like having Crosby, Malkin, and Staal. I mean obviously not to that same extent, but a situation where your 3C could really be a 2C on a lesser team.
I'd absolutely agree. But they also struggled to keep that core together for more than a few years. Some of that was Staal wanting to play w his brother, but it was also salary costs and players wanting more opportunities.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
About time we show this man some love. Guy has been one of the most underrated 2Cs of the last half decade. A true swiss-army knife 2C that can drive play, backcheck as hard as forecheck, win draws, play PP, PK, you name it, he does it. A controversial signing for media "experts" and some fans. Troch has been everything Chris Drury has wanted him to be and then some.

1702305501750.png

1702305598338.png

1702305652473.png

Cool article from signing day too by 610: If You Can't Beat 'Em, Join 'Em - Vincent Trocheck Is A New York Ranger

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
He was Canes best player by far in the series in 2021, so we knew what we were getting. He seems to have improved as he's gotten more comfortable, knowing hes a trusted member of the core here. I know people still pine for Buchnevich, but Trocheck isnt here if we kept him. We'd be screwed without this guy.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
About time we show this man some love. Guy has been one of the most underrated 2Cs of the last half decade. A true swiss-army knife 2C that can drive play, backcheck as hard as forecheck, win draws, play PP, PK, you name it, he does it. A controversial signing for media "experts" and some fans. Troch has been everything Chris Drury has wanted him to be and then some.

View attachment 781613
View attachment 781614
View attachment 781615

Cool article from signing day too by 610: If You Can't Beat 'Em, Join 'Em - Vincent Trocheck Is A New York Ranger
Strome's +/- and PIMs are funny but not at all shocking.

• Haha
Reactions: Anthony5967 and tlk

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016

View attachment 781613
View attachment 781614
View attachment 781615

No one argued he wasn’t gonna be immediately better than Strome or copp.
The argument was always what can panarin and Chytil do because gallant would always take the vet alternative.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
He was Canes best player by far in the series in 2021, so we knew what we were getting. He seems to have improved as he's gotten more comfortable, knowing hes a trusted member of the core here. I know people still pine for Buchnevich, but Trocheck isnt here if we kept him. We'd be screwed without this guy.
I know Bread has more points but if somebody said Vince was the MVP of our first 26 games I would not argue. His faceoffs have won us many possessions.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
How many 4 point games has he had this season? I feel like at least 3 this season. I feel like he's had at least two 4-assist games already.

EDIT: apparently it's his first one and I'm having serious senior moment. He has had four 3-point games however. Not including tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad