Player Discussion Vincent Trocheck

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I feel like Panarin has rubbed off on him in the best way. Most players on his line tries to play like him in some way and for many it makes them worse, but in Trocheck's case it seems to have elevated his own game. This season it's often difficult to know at a glance whether it's 10 or 16 doing something on the ice apart from Trocheck usually playing at a higher pace and having a significantly worse shot.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
He’s easily one of the best UFA signings we have had in the last decade.

5.6M on a UFA contract that is going to come close to 80 points and also does so much more? STEAL.
Obviously Vince is not Brian Trottier player in terms of ceiling but Vince can play multiple styles of play. We have not had many centermen like that. Guys that could play on any style line and still get the job done.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Vinny T has been a great signing. With a healthy Chytil we've got some of the best center depth in the league. We're spending ~18.5 mil on our top 3 centers. Toronto, I believe Domi and Järnkrok have spent time as the 3rd centers. They obviously have very good center depth, but they're also spending about ~25 mil on their top 3 centers. Detroit is spending close to ~20 mil on theirs. The Kings are spending 24 million. Depending on who's healthy and where guys are playing, the Sharks are spending ~17-20 million for theirs. The Isles are close to 20.

So generally speaking the teams that are spending more than us on center depth, talent for talent, we match up very well with, if not better. And on the other side, the teams that are spending less than us do not match up well. Obviously the major caveat there though is whether or not Chytil can actually stay healthy.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Dude doesn’t get nearly enough praise for consistently being one of the most important players on and off the ice. I still can’t believe there was all of that nonsense from this offseason about Trocheck not even being a 2C.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
He’s exactly the player we hoped for to replace Strome as a 2C. An in your face two-way center and one of the best on face offs.

Also, it’s awesome he’s part of the end of game celly crew with Zibby, Kreider, Laff etc. He adds to a really close locker room.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Dude doesn’t get nearly enough praise for consistently being one of the most important players on and off the ice. I still can’t believe there was all of that nonsense from this offseason about Trocheck not even being a 2C.
Mr. Unappreciated because he isn't a shiny new draft pick.
Vincent Trocheck turned in a three-assist performance for the fourth time this season, giving the Rangers’ second-line center six games with three or more points this season.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
1709228030543.png

Reactions: Lion Hound

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Outstanding player. Productive and intangibles for days. 2 recent good examples: Sparks us at the Stadium series by going at Romanov to make it 4v4 hockey with under 10 to go and down 2. The rest is history.

And yesterday. I noticed it early but Severson gave Panarin a slash, then a few shifts later they go at it behind Merzlikins. In my head im thinking "are we going to really let an ex Devil take liberties with no response?" Clearly Vinny noticed because he rocked Gaudreau, and drew a penalty that led to a goal. You go at our guy, we go at yours. Thats how you keep opponents honest.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Hes such a complete player yet he rarely gets mention.

So weird for the Rangers to have a Center as strong as Trocheck on draws. 59.9% this season. His shooting percentage is up to 13. And he hits everything. 12th in the league among all Centers in hits. 8th in the League among all Centers in Blocked Shots. 13th Among all Centers in the league in pts. For a FA signing, he's been a home run.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Last season Trocheck couldn't find his spot at times and it showed at the end of the season. He was so much better pre-deadline last year. He has turned that play up even more this season.

I know Igor got the original nod, but Trocheck was our All Star and he definitely represents how this team plays. They play hard and are very business like.

This is more of a hardworking team because he brings you into the fight. I hope he can sustain this into the playoffs, we're going to need it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I was really frustrated at how many chances he blew today but man he does so many things well. He's better than Strome in every aspect.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
He’d be the next captain if not for Fox. Loved him in the post game tonight. “We want to be the best”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad