Player Discussion Vincent Trocheck

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Gotta give Drury credit for kicking Strome to the curb and signing Vinny instead. If Gorton was still here I'd bet he would've played it safe and we'd still be yelling at Strome missing empty nets (although Vinny isn't the best in that dept. either). The chemistry with Panarin was unquestionable but it didn't translate to the playoffs and Drury took note and imo made the right call.

I wish the length of his contract wasn't so long but given his cap is pretty reasonable he shouldn't be too hard to trade if it comes to it.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
He’s gonna be awesome playoff time. He might have been the best player in our series against the Canes last year. A massive upgrade over last years 2C (and I liked strome)

A true straight-line player, which we need more of to balance the east-westness of us.

Reactions: skipmowerman

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
We got a chuckle out of this when Trocheck was with the Canes. Sharing it thinking some of you might, as well. :D

1678811624574.png

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
regardless of what you think of him he's about to hit 65 points with great physical play and forechecking and while being one of the best FO guys in the league while making less than 6 mill.

he was a sensational acquisition

I said this from the beginning - big upgrade from Strome and he's a playoff pain in the ass too. The Rangers will need him even more in the post season.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
regardless of what you think of him he's about to hit 65 points with great physical play and forechecking and while being one of the best FO guys in the league while making less than 6 mill.

he was a sensational acquisition
This isn't factoring in that he should easily have at least 5 or more goals either considering he's hit a ridiculous amount of posts. He's been such a perfect fit for this team, and I expect that he'll slot in perfectly into a 3C role as his contract ages while Chytil continues to progress.

Reactions: will1066
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Great job by Drury locking up our top 3 centers for years to come ... I sure don't miss the days of having to overpay an over-the-hill Beaver to come play center for us because we had nobody. No offense to DStep.

Reactions: will1066

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Vinny has played great, especially recently. Curious to see what the playoffs bring for him.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Looking forward to seeing Tro and Tank in the playoffs. They are bonafide warriors. Kane will likely be a bit of a different factor. Timely goal here and there, but not as much of a presence.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
When he was signed I said this and it rings true. Trochek provides a unique quality among Ranger forwards in that he is always looking to push the pace and attack players 1v1. This creates space for his linemates. Whether he scores 50 points or 65 points is gravy really.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
This was a very solid signing by Drury and he compliments the top 6 perfectly. The capologists on the board were very concerned with the money and term and overlooked what he actually brings on the ice. They have been quiet lately. Go figure.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
This was a very solid signing by Drury and he compliments the top 6 perfectly. The capologists on the board were very concerned with the money and term and overlooked what he actually brings on the ice. They have been quiet lately. Go figure.
Considering he got the exact same salary as Copp (who went home) while only adding 2 extra years of term. I dont think most of us were concerned with the cap number. I think we were more concerned with him blocking chytil after he had a very good post season and looked ready to take a big step, and that the kids should be the second line.

That fear was both misplaced and warranted.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Considering he got the exact same salary as Copp (who went home) while only adding 2 extra years of term. I dont think most of us were concerned with the cap number. I think we were more concerned with him blocking chytil after he had a very good post season and looked ready to take a big step, and that the kids should be the second line.

That fear was both misplaced and warranted.
There were people who were against the signing because of the contract, not what we were getting for the money. It was the right move from day 1. I don't buy the "Trocheck blocking Chytil" stuff. Chytil has done just fine and just signed a nice contract. I like strength down the middle and in a few years Chytil and Trocheck can switch places as Trocheck ages. It's a good problem for the Rangers to have.

Reactions: skipmowerman

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
With decent shooting luck he's a 30 goal, 70 point player this year.

He's a very good player. I don't know how long he'll continue to be a very good player but hopefully it's at least 2-3 more seasons before he slowly regresses into market value.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad