Boston Bruins VII-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Probably been discussed before but I read on The Fourth Period that Buchnevich and Mantha might be in play.....

Red Wings getting calls about Mantha — The Fourth Period

Could the Rangers trade Buchnevich? — The Fourth Period

Those are the type of players that make sense to overpay for. Not overpay by a huge margin, but throw in that extra 3rd rounder or 2nd tier prospect.
Oh man, the value of that extra 3rd rounder definitely changes our offer. You can buy one whole Zac Rinaldo with a 3rd rounder.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yup, agreed with Dan here. Ekholm isn’t just a defenseman. The Bruins have plenty of good, quality defensemen, but they aren’t Ekholm.
They trade for Ekholm and all would come down to Vaakanainen- I would be on him

they then can protect LHD Ekholm and expose Grzelcyk Clifton Lauzon Zboril knowing they atleast get 3 back - and likely are able to work out deal to keep Grzelcyk if Seattle wanted him

no brainer

example - Vaakanainen Steen first I take if Preds

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Anders Lee LTIR? What does he make?
How the cap works with a player LTIR is that the team can’t bank cap space by sending players to the taxi squad or minors. And since they are currently sitting over the cap space they can’t add a player without moving more or equal amount of cap hit as the player they are acquiring. An Example would be to get Hall who has an 8 mill cap hit they would have to trade Pageau(5 mill) and Komarov(3 mill). And they wouldn’t be able to add another player to there roster because they are over the cap.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Eric Staal anyone?

The Cost For The Bruins To Land Eric Staal Revealed.
the-cost-for-the-bruins-to-land-eric-staal-reveale

Isn't he the same guy who nixed a trade to Boston from Minni?

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Probably been discussed before but I read on The Fourth Period that Buchnevich and Mantha might be in play.....

Red Wings getting calls about Mantha — The Fourth Period

Could the Rangers trade Buchnevich? — The Fourth Period

Those are the type of players that make sense to overpay for. Not overpay by a huge margin, but throw in that extra 3rd rounder or 2nd tier prospect.

Nope, both are very inconsistent. Basically, if DeBrusk gets under your skin either of those two would be maddening.

Reactions: bbfan419

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Tampa is about to be a train wreck. They are already over 3 million over the cap next year. Then you look at the fact that they only have 15 players signed and they are in some massive trouble. They will need to trade players which will hurt them. Then the following year they have 12 mill in cap space but that's not including Point who will be a RFA.
Yes but that management group always finds a way out. Not to mention they draft well and are great at signing young undrafted players

Reactions: Gordoff

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
They trade for Ekholm and all would come down to Vaakanainen- I would be on him

they then can protect LHD Ekholm and expose Grzelcyk Clifton Lauzon Zboril knowing they atleast get 3 back - and likely are able to work out deal to keep Grzelcyk if Seattle wanted him

no brainer

example - Vaakanainen Steen first I take if Preds
If you go back and look at what it cost for Vegas to not pick a player, it was huge. A first at least .

Reactions: Gordoff

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
What happens if Vladar plays a few more games and is lights out. Does Seattle show interest?

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Ekholm- Vaak + Bjork +Steen + Kase
Hall(25% retained)- 1st + Moore

When healthy: The deepest team I've seen in a while for the Black and Gold
Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Hall-Krejci-Ritchie
Debrusk-Coyle-Smith
Kuraly-Studnicka-Frederic
Senyshyn/Wagner

Lauzon-McAvoy
Ekholm-Carlo
Gryz-Miller
Zboril/Clifton/Tinordi/Kampfer

Rask
Halak
Vlader

Reactions: bbfan419

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Sorry, so late but working on a #NHLBruins
trade scoop I'll hopefully write about tomorrow for
@BOSHockeyNow

Oh gee Murph, don't put yourself out it's only your job ffs.
OK, I had a little fun at Jimmy ThinSkins last night, but now I'm pissed off. I cleared my calendar earlier this morning and it is now 12:44 PM EST. Nothing. Crickets. A lonely western town with tumbleweed rolling in the wind.....

I feel like a fool..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad