GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:30pm 4/26/24 Series tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I still don't know why Thomas is not in the lineup.

Another older "prospect" that the Kings treat like they'd treat a 19 year old CHL Black Ace. He is 24 years old (that ain't a kid) with two seasons worth of pro hockey, who gave the team a nice little boost when he was called up at the end of the year.

And immediately demoted back down.
Need more of a wartime mentality when your survival depends on it. Cant have a passenger like Laf in the playoffs. Anyone takes a dumb penalty is out for the next game since the LAK cant afford to lose the special teams by even a little. You have to create intensity as the head coach by holding fools accountable.. that would mean PLD collects splinters in the press box if he lets up at all.. ill take the 8 hits from last game, that is useful but he takes a game off or even a shift off he should be sat.. time take out the pacifier, remove the diaper and spank his ass red.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
There certainly was a lot more to like about game 2 than there was in game 1. The intensity and belief that was lacking in game 1 showed up in a big way with Kopi, Doughty and Kempe leading the charge. They did a good job on slowing down Draisaitl and McDavid, but you can't expect to keep them quiet for the remainder of the series especially if you keep taking shit penalties.

We've been great at home down the stretch, so hopefully the crowd gets on Skinner tonight like Edmonton was on Talbot.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

Another older "prospect" that the Kings treat like they'd treat a 19 year old CHL Black Ace. He is 24 years old (that ain't a kid) with two seasons worth of pro hockey, who gave the team a nice little boost when he was called up at the end of the year.

It’s almost like Blake is TRYING to get fired.

Reactions: Schrute farms

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
8o65r5.jpg

Fiala and Elias Pettersson (Vancouver) are two really good high skill finesse players that have been very timid with some lackluster perimeter play in their first 2 games.
Fiala will contribute by taking a timely o zone penalty

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008

Srsly. The kid gets called up and immediately scores while bringing energy just for him to get snubbed. I really don't get it. Even if you go by the antiquated "pay your dues" philosophy, he's earned a spot. What else does he have to do, prop up PLD's lifeless body too?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

Akil Thomas and Mikey Anderson are both 24 years old. When LA won their first cup, the following players were 24 or younger: Kopitar, Doughty, King, Martinez, Voynov, Nolan, and Clifford.

Doughty would be tied with Willie Mitchell as the oldest player on that 2012 team. He's older now than Scuderi was in 2012. Arvidsson is the same age Justin Williams was. Kempe and Fiala are as old as Carter, Brown, and Richards were.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Akil Thomas and Mikey Anderson are both 24 years old. When LA won their first cup, the following players were 24 or younger: Kopitar, Doughty, King, Martinez, Voynov, Nolan, and Clifford.

Doughty would be tied with Willie Mitchell as the oldest player on that 2012 team. He's older now than Scuderi was in 2012. Arvidsson is the same age Justin Williams was. Kempe and Fiala are as old as Carter, Brown, and Richards were.

All that is gibberish with numbers.

maybe you can compare MA and AM but they are a bit different.

Akil is not comparable to any of those forwards.

Lol.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
I guess todd macclellan is in line for the senators hc job.
I guess they REALLYwant the pain to continue

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Of all things to be concerned with - If the Kings were a submarine, Grundstrom would be a screen door
Grundstrom's return is likely the reason why Blake didn't consider adding a similarly physical winger at the deadline. Cap was too tight to add quality, no room to add a grinder

Reactions: King'sPawn

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Laf 23 pts in 81 games in the top 9, -14 on the season, -2 in the playoffs. Im not sure what he is bringing to the table. Sub in Thomas and improve the physicality without hurting any production - prob improve.
I’m continually mystified as to why Laferriere continues to get big minutes on scoring lines. He had a nearly disastrous game 2. A glaring -3 with a neutral zone turnover that directly led to a goal against.

I know he’ll be better next season, but this is the playoffs. No time to be overwhelmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad