Boston Bruins VII-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I don’t think he’s the answer to win a cup. I think we’re two trades away. The biggest needs I see are toughness and an upgrade over Debrusk. Lucic isn’t the answer for goal scoring but checks off the leadership and response boxes which we clearly lack after todays pitiful performance.

63-37-88
21-46-Meier or other upgrade
17-13-12
11-52-Bennett

this team is ready for a deep playoff run. Dont see how anyone disagrees with that.
Lucic is a 4th liner on a good team, nothing more. If you wanna give that up for an overpaid 4th liner, that’s fine, I just don’t agree.

I don’t see leadership or toughness even close to the issue that secondary scoring is. If you really need to add toughness add it to your 4th line, but it shouldn’t cost you much.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Lucic won’t cost you much at all and can probably add Moore’s contract in a deal. He and Freddy are easily able to swap roles.
Haha adding Moore but you’re stuck with Lucic even if it is 50% retained, seems like we’re working backwards here.

Is swapping Lucic and Freddy really a team need right now?

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Time to shake it up....the lack of effort and unwillingness to shoot the puck is appalling.

At this point Smith, Krejci, Kuraly, Wagner, Coyle,Bjork, need to wake up .

Grz had a poor game today too. McAvoy was invisible...Urho is a body at this point
Hard to crap on the D with all the injuries, but the forwards a serious dose of enthusiasm or a to sit the hell down

Any forward but perfection line, Sudnicka and to a lesser extent Frederick need to be made available.
Trade the under achieving vets and lets see what the kids have

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
All the money we save on our top line goes to over paying Coyle,Moore and Smith. That is poor management.
Smith makes 3 freaking million dollars a year for a guy who is typically a 20+ goal scorer.

That is far from overpaid.

He's had a tough season, and has every right to be criticized, but that's a slam dunk of a signing if he gets back to his typical.

member 96824

Smith makes 3 freaking million dollars a year for a guy who is typically a 20+ goal scorer.

That is far from overpaid.

He's had a tough season, and has every right to be criticized, but that's a slam dunk of a signing if he gets back to his typical.

I'll pull it over from the last thread.

What were expectations? Smith has had a season up to Craig Smith standards at even strength. He's always been between 10 and 17 ES goals..he's at a 14 pace right now. Always been between 13 and 20 ES assists..he's pacing for 17 right now. The big difference comes from the power play, where he's playing significantly less minutes than previous years, and not playing with the top unit talent like he did in Nashville.

Not discounting power play goals, we need those too. We've taken a significant step back there relative to the rest of the league (not going to say it....not going to say it........not going to say it)..but there's at least an explanation of the "why" there when we look at the stat sheet.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I would consider trying to send Coyle and/or Kuraly to Columbus. They need centers.
Kuraly is whatever.

Coyle, again as inconsistent as he's been, you hang onto. With Krejci a UFA after the season, they aren't in a position to be dealing away Cs.

They easily could go from Bergeron, Krejci, Coyle as their top 3 to Bergeron and....Studnicka as their top 2 if they dealt Coyle and didn't re-sign Krejci.

Not good.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Kuraly is whatever.

Coyle, again as inconsistent as he's been, you hang onto. With Krejci a UFA after the season, they aren't in a position to be dealing away Cs.

They easily could go from Bergeron, Krejci, Coyle as their top 3 to Bergeron and....Studnicka as their top 2 if they dealt Coyle and didn't re-sign Krejci.

Not good.
I think we need a full rebuild so I put Frederic at center as well. You got Hall, Steen and Beecher coming. Gotta let the kids play eventually. Coyle makes too much money to be the player he was in Minnesota.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
taylor hall!!!!!!!!!! he is a better option than every single Bruins forward outside of the top line. Whats it going to take???

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
Nothing cause we don't want him. He could of came here but he wanted to pad his stats and he's been ass all year. He's not a winner. Him and his 2 goals this year.

he could of came here?sure? do you have any idea what the Bruins offered him? nobody does. my guess, 4-5 million per year.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I don’t get the people that don’t want Hall. He is better offensively than any player the Bruins have outside of the top line. If you prefer Ritchie/Debrusk/Kase etc... than I have to question your hockey IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad