Boston Bruins VII-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
:huh::thumbd:

I've lost count...how many teams have tried Vesey and his dad?
I'm pretty sure Vesey has the same amount of goals as all of the players I listed combined.

He's not that good, but it think it speaks volume to what our players are doing.

Anyways, water under the bridge at this point, he's on his way to Vancouver.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
If he's a cheap rental, acquired the week of the deadline, who won't do anything of note, then yeah. That's the annual goal it seems.
Yeah, if it was up to me, definitely wouldn't be my first, second, or third choice. It sounds like the Bruins are still interested in Palmieri, but I'm just not confident the Bruins are able to get a deal done.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If you go back and look at what it cost for Vegas to not pick a player, it was huge. A first at least .
Every situation different - irrelevant to what they negotiate if it ever gets to that point

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Ekholm- Vaak + Bjork +Steen + Kase
Hall(25% retained)- 1st + Moore

When healthy: The deepest team I've seen in a while for the Black and Gold
Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Hall-Krejci-Ritchie
Debrusk-Coyle-Smith
Kuraly-Studnicka-Frederic
Senyshyn/Wagner

Lauzon-McAvoy
Ekholm-Carlo
Gryz-Miller
Zboril/Clifton/Tinordi/Kampfer

Rask
Halak
Vlader
Taylor Hall and his whopping 2 goals? No thanks - not what we need.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Has he fallen off a cliff, or is Buffalo just THAT bad?
Hall was good in NJ, put up decent numbers in his short time in Arizona too (10 goals 17 assists 27 points in 35 games). No he goes to Buffalo and outright sucks? Not sure I buy that. I’d give him a whirl here at the right cost. If some team wants to throw a 1st + prospect so be it. But for a 2nd + I’d be in on it

Reactions: bbfan419

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
the problem is aren't we competing with the Rangers?

I guess, but I'd think most people would agree that they're a longshot to win a cup right now...so maybe they want to get something for a guy who will likely walk in 2022?

Who knows?

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I'm pretty sure Vesey has the same amount of goals as all of the players I listed combined.

He's not that good, but it think it speaks volume to what our players are doing.

Anyways, water under the bridge at this point, he's on his way to Vancouver.
he's also playing in the North who forgot how to play D and has played some games with Mathews and Marner. I think those two factors might help his stats just a little

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
If he's a cheap rental, acquired the week of the deadline, who won't do anything of note, then yeah. That's the annual goal it seems.
Probably Ryan can be a good try and so Mark Staal with our D corp destroyed, probably cheap to get...

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
he's also playing in the North who forgot how to play D and has played some games with Mathews and Marner. I think those two factors might help his stats just a little
Water under the bridge. I even said he wasn't that good, our guys just can't freaking score. We'll need to upgrade them somehow.

Point was also, if we ship out 1-2 of them in a deal, having a roster spot by a guy who is debatably just as effective doesn't hurt us. But Vesey isn't even coming here so it's moot.
Does it even matter if Boston filed a claim at this point? No.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I can comprehend just fine.

I was making a joke about the 3rd round value and Zac Rinaldo. But cool. Carry on.

But, your response read more like a shot at the overall premise of the deal and that I was suggesting that a 3rd would be a key component, when I meant it to be a final, extra piece to a deal.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Yeah because Buffalo isnt a dumpster fire........
Are you saying no to Eichel as well with his 2 goals?
Sorry but Hall is a few years removed from being an MVP and being on a winner like the Bruins I feel would only help drive him

Reactions: bbfan419

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
But, your response read more like a shot at the overall premise of the deal and that I was suggesting that a 3rd would be a key component, when I meant it to be a final, extra piece to a deal.
Yea, that extra 3rd could sway the deal slightly, I get that. It's just not a significant extra piece. The main piece of whatever we deal is the prize to the other team, if the 3rd sways the bid to us, great.

Otherwise I was taking a shot at Don Sweeney's Zac Rinaldo deal.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Yeah because Buffalo isnt a dumpster fire........
Are you saying no to Eichel as well with his 2 goals?
Sorry but Hall is a few years removed from being an MVP and being on a winner like the Bruins I feel would only help drive him

I'd take Hall.

He's a UFA and he needs to go to a scenario that boosts his value...if not, he won't make more then $4mill next year.

Reactions: Dizzay

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
OK, I had a little fun at Jimmy ThinSkins last night, but now I'm pissed off. I cleared my calendar earlier this morning and it is now 12:44 PM EST. Nothing. Crickets. A lonely western town with tumbleweed rolling in the wind.....

I feel like a fool..........
Well, that's because he's waiting for us to tell him: What goes around, comes around!:laugh:

Reactions: Bodit9 and Number8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->