OT: Videogame Thread #3 (PSN/Gamertags/Steam): NHL 14 Trailer Released 25 Months Ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I played it last night. Game looks amazing. I am just very very bad at it haha.

Yeah I'm picking it up on the way home from work today. Probably won't get a chance to play until the weekend though. I've pretty much given up on Bloodborne. Great game but freaking impossible. Wish I didn't buy the digital version so I could get some of that money back. Haha.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah I'm picking it up on the way home from work today. Probably won't get a chance to play until the weekend though. I've pretty much given up on Bloodborne. Great game but freaking impossible. Wish I didn't buy the digital version so I could get some of that money back. Haha.

WHen I heard the big attraction for most fans was that the games are soul-crushingly hard I laughed and said **** that.

I do enough work at work. I'm not trying to go home and then have to work at a hard game.

What is the verdict on MKX?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
WHen I heard the big attraction for most fans was that the games are soul-crushingly hard I laughed and said **** that.

I do enough work at work. I'm not trying to go home and then have to work at a hard game.

It looks amazing, meaning visually. I'm not really sure how to review a fighting game though so if you have any specific questions I can help.

I am awful and have a long long way to go to be able to play Online but I feel like that's where a lot of the fun comes from.

I played a little bit of the story and the cut scenes are extremely visually appealing.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It looks amazing, meaning visually. I'm not really sure how to review a fighting game though so if you have any specific questions I can help.

I am awful and have a long long way to go to be able to play Online but I feel like that's where a lot of the fun comes from.

I played a little bit of the story and the cut scenes are extremely visually appealing.

I haven't really played a MK game since MK3, which I loved. So I'm not even sure what to ask about, lol.

Are the mechanics roughly the same as the old days? Like, for the button combinations to do moves?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I haven't really played a MK game since MK3, which I loved. So I'm not even sure what to ask about, lol.

Are the mechanics roughly the same as the old days? Like, for the button combinations to do moves?

Let's just say, back, forward, square is Scorpion's "Get Over Here" compared to the customary back, back, B of MK1 haha.

SchennSational1022*

I just started Be a GM mode this year and I love it. I'm about to win the cup, while having Buffalo's 1st overall and gonna draft McDavid :laugh:. If only it was this easy in real life....

How do the players, specifically ones in juniors like Morin, Sanheim etc. have their rankings increase in this mode?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

Played it for a bit last night. One go around through the "Klassic" tower mode. Pretty fun. Hard to mess up a Mortal Kombat-type fighting game. Great graphics. Didn't notice any glitches or problems during my play through in terms of game-play. I only played as two characters (Goro and Reptile). Last battle was pretty tough and I got incredibly lucky.

One problem I had, and it appears to be happening with other people, is I pre-ordered the Kombat Pack and I downloaded a couple "skins" for some of the characters and I cannot figure out for the life of me how to use them.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
My nephew sent me the fatalities video of the new Mortal Kombat, and honestly I thought it looked too real. Too much gruesome, and not enough funny.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
My nephew sent me the fatalities video of the new Mortal Kombat, and honestly I thought it looked too real. Too much gruesome, and not enough funny.

The game is very similar to the last installment. Just balls out old-school fighting game. Over the top specials, over the top fatalities, over the top everything. I'm very happy with it thus far, and I imagine my feelings won't change.

Needed something to do since I can't get past the goddamned first ****ing section of Bloodborne.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I picked up the Vanquisher VII last night. Once bungie fixes assault rifles that thing will be a wise investment, since I'm betting they don't tune weapons again until Wolves drops.

Now I got lucky with the perks I got on mine, the one you can purchase comes with Aiming this weapon increases its effective range (Useless IMO) and grows more accurate the longer its fired, which is ok I guess but its not an unstable gun to begin with (Unwilling Soul I'm looking at you) so you aren't getting anything really out of it. Mine has 3rd Eye, which is awesome, especially for PVP, gives me radar when aiming, and Hip Fire which grants bonus accuracy when firing from the hip. Which I don't use very often however, watching myself play I notice that I'm normally pretty quick to start shooting and less so to aim (by like a second so its not doing me an insane amount of good, but I do get an extra shot or two in on people as I'm bringing the scope up then I normally would). So it really gels with my playstyle. 3rd Eye is the best PVP perk in the game IMO. I'd really like to find a way to get Patience and Time. I have Ice Breaker but I'm a PvP player the stability, 3rd Eye, the Fire Rate, everything on that screams PvP.

SchennSational1022*

So does anybody know how you get young players ratings to improve in Be a GM Mode?

leclair1088

Oct 27, 2011
So does anybody know how you get young players ratings to improve in Be a GM Mode?

I haven't touched the disaster that is NHL 15 but it used to just happen as the seasons rolled forward in the off season. If you played them in the NHL it would accelerate their progression

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

If you mean edit them to make them better then what they are in the game or increase their potential that isn't in the game you can't do it at all. If you mean how do they get better in your GM mode you just wait year to year for them. Playing them in the NHL will make them grow faster but if its a player that is like in the 60s for OVR rating they won't produce and won't grow. Typically the lowest overall you can have in the NHL that will actually grow is like 70-73. Anything lower and you are just wasting years

SchennSational1022*

If you mean edit them to make them better then what they are in the game or increase their potential that isn't in the game you can't do it at all. If you mean how do they get better in your GM mode you just wait year to year for them. Playing them in the NHL will make them grow faster but if its a player that is like in the 60s for OVR rating they won't produce and won't grow. Typically the lowest overall you can have in the NHL that will actually grow is like 70-73. Anything lower and you are just wasting years

Are you supposed to just simulate all the games? I play each game and I am very good, I scored 140 points with G this year :laugh:, and like 50 with Gostisbehere. His rating went up like 3 points. I assume the whole point is to simulate games so the CPU can determine how well your moves work???

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Now I got lucky with the perks I got on mine, the one you can purchase comes with Aiming this weapon increases its effective range (Useless IMO) and grows more accurate the longer its fired, which is ok I guess but its not an unstable gun to begin with (Unwilling Soul I'm looking at you) so you aren't getting anything really out of it. Mine has 3rd Eye, which is awesome, especially for PVP, gives me radar when aiming, and Hip Fire which grants bonus accuracy when firing from the hip. Which I don't use very often however, watching myself play I notice that I'm normally pretty quick to start shooting and less so to aim (by like a second so its not doing me an insane amount of good, but I do get an extra shot or two in on people as I'm bringing the scope up then I normally would). So it really gels with my playstyle. 3rd Eye is the best PVP perk in the game IMO. I'd really like to find a way to get Patience and Time. I have Ice Breaker but I'm a PvP player the stability, 3rd Eye, the Fire Rate, everything on that screams PvP.

Patience and Time was my first Exotic, I got it from my first Legendary engram thanks to the Loot Cave. So...the bar for engram RNG was set disappointingly high with that. Came in handy for this week's Nightfall. I ran it dry, then switched to Icebreaker to make more ammo. Oversoul Edict packs a punch with arc burn too...and I've found it's pretty beastly in PVP with the full auto perk.

Only really advantageous perk roll I've gotten came from an NITC drop. Came with firefly. It's pretty good for PVE hordes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad