OT: Videogame Thread #3 (PSN/Gamertags/Steam): NHL 14 Trailer Released 25 Months Ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihatebraydenschenn

Yeah anyways, spill the beans.

Im assuming he signed up for it when it was open.

How do you get the Titanfall beta?

Apparently if you had an Origin account and played BF4 on Xbox One you were able to receive an invite to beta. I guess I qualified for this, becuase I received an email last Thursday in regards to the beta. I signed up and received another message basically stating "thanks, we'll let you know if you're selected."

At that point I thought ****, I get lucky enough for the invite but watch me not get into the actual beta. Friday afternoon comes along and I get an email on my phone... Titanfall beta code!! I entered it in Xboxlive.com, went home, booted up the Xbox One, went to My Games and Apps and noticed a tile that said "Xbox Game." Installed it, Titanfall Closed Alpha shows up :) :) :)

Guys, the game is AMAZING. It's like playing Goldeneye, Halo or COD4 for the first time. The game is a perfect blend of Halo and COD. It's hectic. It's chaotic. There's so much **** going on, you may need some adderall. Playing the game feels so epic. I like that it's noob-friendly too. Everyone gets a Titan after a few minutes into the match. You can speed up that process by getting kills.

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
Apparently if you had an Origin account and played BF4 on Xbox One you were able to receive an invite to beta. I guess I qualified for this, becuase I received an email last Thursday in regards to the beta. I signed up and received another message basically stating "thanks, we'll let you know if you're selected."

At that point I thought ****, I get lucky enough for the invite but watch me not get into the actual beta. Friday afternoon comes along and I get an email on my phone... Titanfall beta code!! I entered it in Xboxlive.com, went home, booted up the Xbox One, went to My Games and Apps and noticed a tile that said "Xbox Game." Installed it, Titanfall Closed Alpha shows up :) :) :)

Guys, the game is AMAZING. It's like playing Goldeneye, Halo or COD4 for the first time. The game is a perfect blend of Halo and COD. It's hectic. It's chaotic. There's so much **** going on, you may need some adderall. Playing the game feels so epic. I like that it's noob-friendly too. Everyone gets a Titan after a few minutes into the match. You can speed up that process by getting kills.

Sounds awesome thanks for the info. Goldeneye and COD4 are two of my all time favorites so that's great news. Of course battlefield 4 is basically the one game I didn't buy for Xbox one. Lucky mofo I'm jealous but happy to see it's getting great reviews.

ihatebraydenschenn

One thing that you won't be able to grasp by judging videos is fluidity. The game is smooth. Baby's ass smooth. Remember having to press A/X whenever vaulting over an object/through a window in COD/BF/whatever other games do this? Well say goodbye to that mechanism! If you jump towards a wall, window or ledge, you're climbing it. If you walk into it, nothing. You have to jump, but it makes the game feel smooooovvve.

Wallrunning and double jumping will be what separates the men from the pansies. Once a person learns the maps and masters the art of wallrunning and double jumping in combination with a shotgun... look the **** out.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Been playing some indie games on the PS4 - Don't Starve which is a great time waster. Outlast - which scared the **** out of me today.

Fifa - NFS - BF4 are my others.

Thinking about picking up Black Flag, as it's on sale now.... have NEVER played any AC games..... and from my understanding not a big deal to play Black Flag and not the others....

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Been playing some indie games on the PS4 - Don't Starve which is a great time waster. Outlast - which scared the **** out of me today.

Is Outlast free on PS+?

Fifa - NFS - BF4 are my others.

Had Fifa and wasn't impressed so I got rid of it.

Thinking about picking up Black Flag, as it's on sale now.... have NEVER played any AC games..... and from my understanding not a big deal to play Black Flag and not the others....

It isn't a big deal in terms of gameplay, but the story won't make a ton of sense (though having played previous AC installments, it still doesn't make much sense to me). Great game. Probably the best available ATM. It can get a little repetitive like previous installments, but even when it is repetitive I still enjoy it.

ihatebraydenschenn

Get Black Flag! I'm not finished the main story yet since I enjoy exploring the **** out of open world games and upgrade the **** out of my arsenal.

Naval battles are amazing. You get thrown right into one and it seems confusing at first, but once you get past the learning curve you'll have immense amounts of fun. I spent hours roaming the seas capturing enemy ships and taking their loot. You can use your money to upgrade your ship or character. I highly advise upgrading your ship early in the game.

The combat is classic Assassin's Creed. Solid. Weapons are very fun to use, especially the blow darts.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I got Peacewalker on the Vita the other day so I could play it before MGS: GZ. I heard this was supposedly the best installment of the MGS series. It is thus far pretty terrible IMO. I've only played the major console releases and emulated versions of the NES titles, so perhaps I am tad biased in this, but so far Peacewalker has been a big waste of $20. I may not even play through before I get the new MGS.

ihatebraydenschenn

Well done Xbox. Pick up Titanfall today because why the hell not. Get home from work and Xbox Live is down for everyone.

You have no idea how upset I was. My friend was logged into Xbox Live all day, so he was able to enjoy Titanfall all night along with the other people who were lucky enough to get into Xbox Live.

Everything was resolve around 10:45PM EST last night. Everything looks good today, so far.

Add me if you'd like more Titanfall buds who also love the Flyers :yo:

Gamertag: nub whisperer

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
-1 for no Pierre. :laugh:

It looks/sounds promising but I've said that plenty of times before with this series only to be let down, hoping that's changes with the new systems.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Damn this thread is dead...anyone get Bloodborne? Anyone see that Predator is in the new Mortal Kombat?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Yeah it looks pretty sweet. I pre-ordered the digital copy and was all set to play it last night at midnight...but I'm an old man and I couldn't make it to midnight. I probably won't get to play it until this weekend unfortunately. I'm more excited for Mortal Kombat TBH. Game looks sick. Probably one of my all time favorite non-sports series.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So yea Bloodborne has been killing me (literally).

Decided to buy Pillars of Eternity. FANTASTIC game. It is getting high scores everywhere. Got it for $34 from green man gaming. Highly recommend to everyone who wants a really thought out RPG. Gorgeous graphics with a fantasy novel storyline. Easily worth the money. The full version was just released yesterday.

Here is some info on steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/291650/ (rated 10/10)

Here is the Metacritic score:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/pillars-of-eternity

92/100
8.8/10.0 (fan score)

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
So yea Bloodborne has been killing me (literally).

Decided to buy Pillars of Eternity. FANTASTIC game. It is getting high scores everywhere. Got it for $34 from green man gaming. Highly recommend to everyone who wants a really thought out RPG. Gorgeous graphics with a fantasy novel storyline. Easily worth the money. The full version was just released yesterday.

I was looking forward to Pillars for two years now, I had no idea it was out recently. This and EHM:EA yesterday were two absolute bombs out of the blue for me. I havent been gaming for months but this is too hard to resist. Sorry boss.. Unless Hasek comes back to the office..

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I was looking forward to Pillars for two years now, I had no idea it was out recently. This and EHM:EA yesterday were two absolute bombs out of the blue for me. I havent been gaming for months but this is too hard to resist. Sorry boss.. Unless Hasek comes back to the office..

Agreed. Havent bough EMH since I just bought Bloodborne haha.

But coming from someone who for the past 1-2 years really has had a hard time finding a game to stick with... I had to have played 8 hours yesterday and now am at work iching to play. The games soundtrack really gets you into the fantasy mood. Had my speakers on high with the music and then switched over to headphones.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Yeah it looks pretty sweet. I pre-ordered the digital copy and was all set to play it last night at midnight...but I'm an old man and I couldn't make it to midnight. I probably won't get to play it until this weekend unfortunately. I'm more excited for Mortal Kombat TBH. Game looks sick. Probably one of my all time favorite non-sports series.

I just preordered that Kollector's Edition. I used to have a hell of a time playing the original games. I really haven't played any of the MK games in probably the past 10 years though. Watching the Gronk Vs. Marshawn Lynch video on Conan (which may be my favorite video of all time) got me in the mood to pick the game back up. But holy **** the fatalities are brutal now.

For those that haven't seen it:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad