OT: Videogame Thread #3 (PSN/Gamertags/Steam): NHL 14 Trailer Released 25 Months Ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I just preordered that Kollector's Edition. I used to have a hell of a time playing the original games. I really haven't played any of the MK games in probably the past 10 years though. Watching the Gronk Vs. Marshawn Lynch video on Conan (which may be my favorite video of all time) got me in the mood to pick the game back up. But holy **** the fatalities are brutal now.

For those that haven't seen it:

:laugh: All the Clueless gamers got pretty high on my all time favorite videos list, especially the Tomb raider one (the river part over and over again :laugh: - edit: oh and that handbag joke), Hitman Absolution and Skyrim (Mr. Buttons.......)

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I've played every CoD extensively since CoD4.... the last two have easily been my least favorites. Luckily the next one is almost guaranteed to be good.
I think I played last year's game two times after I got it for free in an Amazon deal. That's all my buddy plays and he's been begging me to get it. For 30 bucks its worth a shot.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think I played last year's game two times after I got it for free in an Amazon deal. That's all my buddy plays and he's been begging me to get it. For 30 bucks its worth a shot.

Yeah, I mean it's not the worst game ever, it's just disappointing since I had high hopes for it. Campaign isn't bad either, although nobody really buys CoD games for the campaign. For $30, not a bad pickup.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah, I mean it's not the worst game ever, it's just disappointing since I had high hopes for it. Campaign isn't bad either, although nobody really buys CoD games for the campaign. For $30, not a bad pickup.
Yeah I don't do the campaign anymore. I tried Battlefield last year. Just too many buttons and controls for me. I'm the noob/casual type when it comes to FPS.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

I felt a little bad about crushing the soul of this cowboys fan after I jumped out of my seat and screamed like a little girl

Last edited:

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
:laugh:

My favorite part was noticing you'd renamed them after the Steagles.

I t even see where it says that in the video lol, but yea I didn't want to just name my team the Eagles so I went with that instead and use the Steelers away jerseys and the 1960 kelly greens at home.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
For more shameless self promotion! :laugh:

BTW I really enjoy how easy it is to make these videos and stuff now on the PS4.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Yet I can't get those videos right.

I pretty much blow at Crucible, it's super frustrating. I just cannot get a feel for it.

What's going on with your videos? Do you use the sharefactory or just trying to use the share button editing. That was a pain in the ass, once I discovered sharefactory it made everything a MILLION times easier.

And you should add me. I haven't been playing a whole ton lately, I've been enjoying Battlefield, Madden, DOA and NHL sparingly, but I'll kick some ass in Crucible with you. Its so much easier when you have a group to play with that will communicate some.

I haven't done any raids at all though

PSN is P4LE_PWNR

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I feel mentally disabled when it comes to my Xbox. I don't know if my system has just been broken forever and I don't ever play it so I don't notice. Every time I turn it on and go to my Friends list it says its unavailable. None of the apps ever work and I can't connect to Xbox Live without going through hoops.

I am trying to download Mortal Kombat X and it's the first time i've ever gotten a digital copy and I have no friggin clue what i'm doing. The download keeps going from Queued to Installing, yet no update is given on how much is installed or anything like that.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I feel mentally disabled when it comes to my Xbox. I don't know if my system has just been broken forever and I don't ever play it so I don't notice. Every time I turn it on and go to my Friends list it says its unavailable. None of the apps ever work and I can't connect to Xbox Live without going through hoops.

I am trying to download Mortal Kombat X and it's the first time i've ever gotten a digital copy and I have no friggin clue what i'm doing. The download keeps going from Queued to Installing, yet no update is given on how much is installed or anything like that.

I'd guess it's your system since I've never had any of those issues.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I feel like i've aged like 25 years in the past couple years when it comes to video games, haha. I used to have the ins and outs of the 360 figured out. When playing games like COD I would know every weapon and what not. Now I don't even know how to navigate the Xbox One and don't even bother to look at guns, I just pick one and roll with it.

Also probably doesn't help that all of my friends I used to game with stopped playing video games for the most part and playing a game with randoms isn't nearly as fun as with friends with mics. Oh how I miss those days.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I feel like i've aged like 25 years in the past couple years when it comes to video games, haha. I used to have the ins and outs of the 360 figured out. When playing games like COD I would know every weapon and what not. Now I don't even know how to navigate the Xbox One and don't even bother to look at guns, I just pick one and roll with it.

Also probably doesn't help that all of my friends I used to game with stopped playing video games for the most part and playing a game with randoms isn't nearly as fun as with friends with mics. Oh how I miss those days.

I'm in the same exact boat as you, but I haven't turned my 360 on since August and havent even bothered to pick up an Xbox One. A year and a half ago I was still really in to video games, I don't know what happened :laugh:

I had like 16 days played in Cod4

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA

4 years ago every game I played was multiplayer somehow, co-op or something like COD. Now, just give me a good single player game with a nice long story. Don't have the time or patience to deal with kids online anymore.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
4 years ago every game I played was multiplayer somehow, co-op or something like COD. Now, just give me a good single player game with a nice long story. Don't have the time or patience to deal with kids online anymore.

I have no problem playing online, in fact I prefer it. I just have no one to play with and that's where it gets annoying.

Maybe I should jump into the single player story kind of gaming.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I used to be super into CoD, I even did Gamebattles for a long time. But a combination of the last two games being trash and less friends playing Xbox has caused me to play less. Now I've been playing other games like CS:GO and playing older games again. luckily there going to be some really good games released in the next two years that I'm excited for, the next CoD, halo 5, Gears of War 4, a new Mass Effect, and hopefully a new Fallout like has been rumored.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I used to be super into CoD, I even did Gamebattles for a long time. But a combination of the last two games being trash and less friends playing Xbox has caused me to play less. Now I've been playing other games like CS:GO and playing older games again. luckily there going to be some really good games released in the next two years that I'm excited for, the next CoD, halo 5, Gears of War 4, a new Mass Effect, and hopefully a new Fallout like has been rumored.

12luQDyqvum5l6.gif

Case and point though, had no idea that was even a thought haha.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
After AW, I don't think I'll ever go back to COD. I used to play COD4 like crazy, stopped for a long time and tried to pick it back up with AW, but wow, what a snoozefest.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
12luQDyqvum5l6.gif

Case and point though, had no idea that was even a thought haha.

Yeah, it's been everything but confirmed, people are expecting it to be announced at E3 this year.

After AW, I don't think I'll ever go back to COD. I used to play COD4 like crazy, stopped for a long time and tried to pick it back up with AW, but wow, what a snoozefest.

In case you didn't know, CoD is actually made by 3 separate studios, so the group that made AW won't be releasing another game until 2017. This years game is made by Treyarch (who made World at War, Black Ops, and Black Ops 2) and next years will be made by Infinity Ward (who made CoD4, Modern Warfare 2, Modern Warfare 3, and Ghosts but half the team left after Modern Warfare 2 was made). The Infinity Ward games have been disappointing since half the team left, but luckily the lead designer who worked on CoD4 and MW2 just rejoined the team as multiplayer project director so hopefully he'll get their **** together.

My point is don't write off the next game because the last one was bad, it's made by completely different people and this studio is the one people trust the most to do a good job. If I were you I'd wait a bit after the game came out, watch some videos and livestreams, and then decide.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Anyone else real excited about the new Mortal Kombat? I'm picking mine up on the way home from work. Ever since the first one this has been probably one of my all-time favorite game series. It is so simple and yet so good.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I have MKX coming in the mail tomorrow. Bought it for the PS4 and used $30 in gift certs from Best Buy to get it :).

Also... my backlog for my gaming library is too huge. I will say, if I lost my job, I will try to find a new one, but in the mean time, I will do my best to beat as many games as possible. I probably have a backlog in the hundreds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad