OT: Videogame Thread #3 (PSN/Gamertags/Steam): NHL 14 Trailer Released 25 Months Ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
PM Me to get your name on this list.

Xbox360
duffy9748 - cmcmicha9731
El Emperor - El Emperor
ForsbergIsOdin - Harvkill1919
JSTAFF - JSTAFF00
Hubey1327 - Hubey1327
IrishSniper87 - IrishSniper87
awright25 - awright25
Cobiemonster5 - Occisore
DjsIzzy - DjsIzzy
sa cyred - vI recon Iv
triqsix - triqsix
Gordie Howe Headlock - NaddaFinga
Go For It - PvVikings81
Harakiri - Atum Sen Geb
mattmicko - mattmicko
xchrisx159 - v Chris Hansen
Jagerpuck - Jagerpuck
Hollywood Cannon - ll Teh Don ll
Ezra Scarlett - pridefulgreed
Sobrien - SOB52poncho
Cheesesteak - Killadelphia522

PS3
ForsbergIsOdin - NorseForce
TheDrizzle81 - The_Drizzle81
Cast - castfulldays
mm6492 - manslaughter101
ToTheNet - SFHMilenko
defmincex13 - defmincex13
MoOsE - DaHammer28
triqsix - triqsix
dingbathero - dingbathero
flyerfanish - rakelspekktakel
Beef Invictus - Beefhammer_psk
SolidSnakeUS - SolidSnakeUS42
Hollywood Cannon - Scuba_Don
dbow2019 - dbow1920
Galvo - nub whisperer
KimiFerrari - Scuderia-Patone
DrinkFightFlyers - dtwright
stazza18 - stazza18
forzanerazzurri - forzanerazzurri
DrHamburg - DrHamburg
Robbieb7 - Robbieb713

Continue the nerditry.

Last edited by a moderator:

RevUpThoseGolfCarts

Experts at losing
Sep 28, 2010
Philadelphia
NHL 13 needs to have more beatable goalies for single player. A created player with all 99s shouldn't have the same amount of trouble scoring goals as a player with all 70s. From the gameplay, it looks like they still snap into place instead of being too slow to make the save.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Been playing a lot of Borderlands lately (co-op).

Can't wait for Borderlands 2 to be released in September.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
NHL 13 needs to have more beatable goalies for single player. A created player with all 99s shouldn't have the same amount of trouble scoring goals as a player with all 70s. From the gameplay, it looks like they still snap into place instead of being too slow to make the save.

Also for single player, they need to cut down on the unstoppable cross crease passes that your Dmen do NOTHING to stop.

Edit: when playing as a goalie, I mean. It's hilarious to me that in NHL12 I'm much better online in net than I am offline

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
A couple complaints from years passed:

The ratings are absolutely terrible.
The speed of the computer's players is out of whack (either WAY too slow or WAY too fast).
The way the NHL draft and scouting works is too inaccurate (if I have a good scout and a top five pick, I shouldn't pick a guy that is rated a 55 when there are multiple guys I have scouted with the same stats that turn out to be in the 70s).

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
I just want them to fix defense in the game.

There should be no reason why every single forward is just as good defensively as a defenseman

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Bethesda released Dawnguard on PC today.

They also announced that PS3 won't be getting it for awhile because they aren't satisfied with it's performance..

It's been what, more than 9 months since the game's release and they still aren't done the DLC that was originally released for xbox awhile ago. Unless they offer the DLC at a reduced price, which I doubt happens, I won't be buying the DLC or anything from Bethesda for awhile

Flyerfan808

Apr 28, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Update: Haven't played Diablo 3 in about a month now and as someone who played D2 off and on for almost 7 years I really expected a lot more out of D3. Yet, 2.5 months later here I sit, with no impulse to play it at all. I attribute this to 3 things:

1) The rediculous state of the item economy.
2) The constant nerfing of stats and loot.
3) The rediculousness of certain monsters+affix combos.

Somewhere along the line the game became more like a job than an enjoyment. You get to a point in the game where natural upgrades do not drop and only the top .1% of the gear you find is actually WORTH selling. You get to a point where in order to get a +5 intelligence upgrade on your helmet costs 30M gold. Which wouldn't be so bad, if the game was actually "FUN." Instead you're forced to either do one of 2 things: Farm Act I Inferno with rediculous magic find (which they're nerfing), or Farm Act III and IV and consistently get your ass handed to you by rediculous monster affixes.

The disappointment I feel from how bad the end game of Diablo 3 actually makes me feel relieved. Before this game came out, I was worried that I might get too caught up in it. 2.5 months later I have no desire to play it anymore. In some ways I feel relieved and can focus my time in other things. Like my band, work, NHL12/NHL13, and banging women.

I don't know why I am posting this here... except to declare how utterly awful this game is to those who would unknowingly plunge themselves into it. To those of you who have not dove into this pit of despair, as someone with over 150 hours I will tell you: It's fun for the first 80 hours or so, once get to AII inferno the game is just plain not fun anymore. In fact, I have more fun reading the D3 forums than I do playing their ****ing game.

In other news, I am looking forward to FF13 Versus if Square ever decides to release it.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Update: Haven't played Diablo 3 in about a month now and as someone who played D2 off and on for almost 7 years I really expected a lot more out of D3. Yet, 2.5 months later here I sit, with no impulse to play it at all. I attribute this to 3 things:

1) The rediculous state of the item economy.
2) The constant nerfing of stats and loot.
3) The rediculousness of certain monsters+affix combos.

Somewhere along the line the game became more like a job than an enjoyment. You get to a point in the game where natural upgrades do not drop and only the top .1% of the gear you find is actually WORTH selling. You get to a point where in order to get a +5 intelligence upgrade on your helmet costs 30M gold. Which wouldn't be so bad, if the game was actually "FUN." Instead you're forced to either do one of 2 things: Farm Act I Inferno with rediculous magic find (which they're nerfing), or Farm Act III and IV and consistently get your ass handed to you by rediculous monster affixes.

The disappointment I feel from how bad the end game of Diablo 3 actually makes me feel relieved. Before this game came out, I was worried that I might get too caught up in it. 2.5 months later I have no desire to play it anymore. In some ways I feel relieved and can focus my time in other things. Like my band, work, NHL12/NHL13, and banging women.

I don't know why I am posting this here... except to declare how utterly awful this game is to those who would unknowingly plunge themselves into it. To those of you who have not dove into this pit of despair, as someone with over 150 hours I will tell you: It's fun for the first 80 hours or so, once get to AII inferno the game is just plain not fun anymore. In fact, I have more fun reading the D3 forums than I do playing their ****ing game.

In other news, I am looking forward to FF13 Versus if Square ever decides to release it.

You need to get yourself Torchlight II.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
The poke check actually working this year is a big step up. It was the most inconsistent ****ing thing ever in NHL 12. I will say, that back skating that Vrbata did looks like it can be abused to hell and back.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Anyone wanna take a couple guesses as to some of the Flyers' players ratings in NHL 13 like Bryz, Giroux, Couts, B. Schenn, Hartnell, Voracek ect?

I would assume Bryz's will have gone down (to around 80 is my guess), Hartnell and G's most likely went up (i'm gonna say 85 and 94 respectively) while Couts and B. Schenn are probably in the 75 range and Jake's will probably stay the same somewhere in the low 80's i assume. I didn't get NHL 12 so I could be off on some of these.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Anyone wanna take a couple guesses as to some of the Flyers' players ratings in NHL 13 like Bryz, Giroux, Couts, B. Schenn, Hartnell, Voracek ect?

I would assume Bryz's will have gone down (to around 80 is my guess), Hartnell and G's most likely went up (i'm gonna say 85 and 94 respectively) while Couts and B. Schenn are probably in the 75 range and Jake's will probably stay the same somewhere in the low 80's i assume. I didn't get NHL 12 so I could be off on some of these.

Bryz : 86
Giroux : 91
Couturier : 84
Schenn : 83
Voracek : 85
Hartnell : 87

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Bryz : 86
Giroux : 91
Couturier : 84
Schenn : 83
Voracek : 85
Hartnell : 87

If Im not mistaken I remember reading that they are overall lowering the numbers between the highly skilled guys and the "not as skilled" or "not as skilled YET" guys.

Wouldnt be surprised if Couturier and Schenn were high 70s.

EDIT: I also would like to do a GM Connected thing with people here maybe. Im on 360. I have a few friends Im gonna do it with, but would like to fill the other slots up with people I "know" per say (as in hfboards people compared to randoms)

Also GM mode video. Thing Im excited about the most.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
If Im not mistaken I remember reading that they are overall lowering the numbers between the highly skilled guys and the "not as skilled" or "not as skilled YET" guys.

Wouldnt be surprised if Couturier and Schenn were high 70s.

EDIT: I also would like to do a GM Connected thing with people here maybe. Im on 360. I have a few friends Im gonna do it with, but would like to fill the other slots up with people I "know" per say (as in hfboards people compared to randoms)

not sure.. I was just saying those numbers based on how most NHLers are rate in 12

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey

80 was bad backup goalie range in NHL 12. Bryz will probably hold steady at 85.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad