OT: Videogame Thread #3 (PSN/Gamertags/Steam): NHL 14 Trailer Released 25 Months Ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino26

May 22, 2008
MN via Glasgow
I feel mentally disabled when it comes to my Xbox. I don't know if my system has just been broken forever and I don't ever play it so I don't notice. Every time I turn it on and go to my Friends list it says its unavailable. None of the apps ever work and I can't connect to Xbox Live without going through hoops.

I am trying to download Mortal Kombat X and it's the first time i've ever gotten a digital copy and I have no friggin clue what i'm doing. The download keeps going from Queued to Installing, yet no update is given on how much is installed or anything like that.

I hear you there man, I used to be hooked to my 360 and gaming now a days I only have time for sports games or campaign mode on cod then I will never have time to play multiplayer. Most if not all of my gaming is done offline now.

I have the Xbox One too and one of the most infuriating things about the system is how slow and laggy it is, it takes forever to navigate and load the friends list compared to what I was used to on the 360.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I hear you there man, I used to be hooked to my 360 and gaming now a days I only have time for sports games or campaign mode on cod then I will never have time to play multiplayer. Most if not all of my gaming is done offline now.

I have the Xbox One too and one of the most infuriating things about the system is how slow and laggy it is, it takes forever to navigate and load the friends list compared to what I was used to on the 360.

They said that's the number one thing they're working on.

leclair1088

Oct 27, 2011
Are you supposed to just simulate all the games? I play each game and I am very good, I scored 140 points with G this year :laugh:, and like 50 with Gostisbehere. His rating went up like 3 points. I assume the whole point is to simulate games so the CPU can determine how well your moves work???

Why not up the level of difficulty?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Is anyone going to be getting Elder Scrolls Online when it is released for PS4 (or does anyone have it for PC)? I've never played an MMORPG but I love the Elder Scrolls series. I was not interested when there was a monthly fee, but now that they got rid of it I am more intrigued. Is it similar to Skyrim/Oblivion, or is it going to be vastly different since it is an MMORPG?

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
Is anyone going to be getting Elder Scrolls Online when it is released for PS4 (or does anyone have it for PC)? I've never played an MMORPG but I love the Elder Scrolls series. I was not interested when there was a monthly fee, but now that they got rid of it I am more intrigued. Is it similar to Skyrim/Oblivion, or is it going to be vastly different since it is an MMORPG?

Probably fairly different, but at the same time, feels like an elder scrolls game. In almost MMORPGs, you have to select a specific class (e.g ranger/mage/knight ... etc), so you will most likely be locked into magic/range/melee only, not as much freedom to use all 3 like in the elder scrolls series. I like MMOs a lot, you can do team missions and such that are really difficult and challenging, something that i think was lacking in skyrim.

The questing system and purchase/selling systems are probably gonna be massively different, since leveling and gear/money are a much more important piece of the game, but I don't think gameplay will be THAT different

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Honestly, even though I was big on Destiny for a while, when I hit level 20, I didn't feel the grind to make myself get up much higher with the equipment.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Honestly, even though I was big on Destiny for a while, when I hit level 20, I didn't feel the grind to make myself get up much higher with the equipment.

I felt the same way. I liked it, but I didn't finish the story and played very minimally online multiplayer. Was a cool game. I've moved on to Mortal Kombat and Bloodborne...though I will admit that I will likely be throwing in the towel on Bloodborne and wussing out soon.

leclair1088

Oct 27, 2011
I don't think so. I think everyone that I could of done raids with (people in my clan) were already way ahead of me doing other things.

Ahh that sucks. The grind blows to get your light levels up enough to get into the raids but the raids, for me anyway, were the best part about the game.

It would probably be pretty easy to get those levels up now.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I really need to play more of Bloodborne. I tried to take on the first boss without leveling up, now I lost like 5K+ souls and now I need to farm up, level up and level up my gear so I can take on the Beast Cleric. MK feels... odd to me. I'm so used to games like Smash Bros, Tekken and Soul Calibur. Hell, I can probably play MvC3 and Guilty Gear X better than MK.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Same. EASHL is literally the only thing I played and they didn't even bother to include it. It better be included this year, and not just tacked on either. If it has HUT **** built into it, I'm done with EA.

Also... I may try Destiny again.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Not even that. The game just blows. Even if it had EASHL, I wouldn't play it. It's an arcade game.

I went back to playing 14. The graphics aren't as nice, but the game play is solid.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Gave up HUT about 5 months ago. Ultimate team in FIFA was fun until the price controls were added. Now im playing Destiny and up to Level 27

leclair1088

Oct 27, 2011
Not even that. The game just blows. Even if it had EASHL, I wouldn't play it. It's an arcade game.

I went back to playing 14. The graphics aren't as nice, but the game play is solid.

Yeah anyone else hate the new skating and deke-ing? It's pretty awful

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah anyone else hate the new skating and deke-ing? It's pretty awful
Players have no weight when they skate. The top end speeds are entirely too fast. The dekes are stupid. As someone who plays a safe, sound defensive game, and consider myself a good one-on-one defender, I'm am absolutely hopeless in 15. The hits are stupid too. Tap a guy and he falls over.

The sad part is they had more than a year to develop the game. EA ports over Madden's ****** engine, but decides to overhaul NHL's. Makes no sense.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I wish NHL didn't blow this year

I liked it, but I only really play the Be a GM mode. They really need to improve the draft. That is my biggest gripe. The way scouting is done really makes it just as much a crap shoot as not scouting at all. You should just be able to see what their projected ratings would be, then have random busts and guys that exceed expectations.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
EASHL needs vote kicking, two dressing rooms, position switching and more team customization options. Also, the limitations on created players was stupid in NHL 14.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
NHL14 gameplay was > then this years.

Forget that EASHL wasn't in the game, even if it was I wouldn't play that ****. Forget about any kind of offensive creativity, you can't move or deke properly. I feel like I'm so limited by the controls. **** the auto dekes that you get with just the right stick, I don't want to go into some stupid slow ass animation, I just want to deke left and right and know where my stick and player are going to go.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
So you didn't even do any of the raids?

I haven't done any of them either, everything I have is from crucible, needless to say I'm excited to hear about increased cruc rewards.

How do you get to play against such scrubs?

:laugh: I don't know. I shouldn't have died where I did, the guy on my team blocked the golden gun shot that would have killed the guy that killed me, then I played stupid and ran in over the guys grenade. I thought it would take a second or two longer to go off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad