OT: Video Games VI

Block

Feb 14, 2005
That 1998, 1999 period saw so many great games come out across many genres, and Homeworld was one of the best. It also had an amazing expansion pack in Cataclysm and sequel in HW2. If they take their time to get it right, I'm on board with the delays for HW3.
I remember Cataclysm being insanely hard. Like you could fail a mission 3 maps back because of lack of resources carried forward hard.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I remember Cataclysm being insanely hard. Like you could fail a mission 3 maps back because of lack of resources carried forward hard.
There were stages of those games where, if you weren't already heavily investing in salvage corvettes and kiting enemies one at a time to boost the size your forces, you could be sunk. Sort of tedious.

Reactions: Block

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Well that HW3 demo seems promising as hell. Some of the interface modernization seems helpful, some of it less so. I might try the classic movement controls to see which I like better. An easy buy, though. Looks good.

Reactions: Marshall

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Mustaffa is not quite dead yet.
1707795050580.jpeg

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Sony snnouncingthe PS6 will be released in 2028:

This is hilarious to me. There are barely any games on the PS5 (ok, likely because of the pandemic, but still) and yet Sony wants to release its successor 4 years from now. Everyone who has bought a PS5 has been suckered.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

This is hilarious to me. There are barely any games on the PS5 (ok, likely because of the pandemic, but still) and yet Sony wants to release its successor 4 years from now. Everyone who has bought a PS5 has been suckered.
Pretty affordable device…..surprised we don’t see models more often to be honest….what if it was like the iPad lol....

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

God's gift to humanity (FF7: Rebirth) is coming out next week on PS5. Worth the $500 alone.

Reactions: sycamore

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
God's gift to humanity (FF7: Rebirth) is coming out next week on PS5. Worth the $500 alone.
Baldurs Gate 3 might be worth the price alone, if you're a fantasy geek like me.

Still, though, when all is said and done, when the PS6 does come out, I think people will remember the PS5 as absolutely horrible bang for the buck.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I really only care about two Sony franchises - TLOU and Tsushima - so skipping the PS5 has been an easy decision so far.

I expect we'll see Tsushima 2 on the PS5, but it should be late enough in the cycle that I'll just wait and play it on PS6.

It seems highly unlikely we'll see TLOU 3 on PS5.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Going all in on new tech this weekend. In the last few days I've ordered:
  • An Asus ROG laptop with a 4070
  • A g-Sync compatible Dell 27" 1440 monitor with a 165hz refresh rate
  • A cute lil foldable Bluetooth keyboard for use with the docked laptop and the Steam Deck

Dumb question from a dumb guy

1. Can I buy a "gamer" computer monitor and then plug my PS5 and play games on it?

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
s-l960[1].jpg

This was the first video game I ever played and finished. I was like 10 and would play under my covers until 4 am.

What an iconic childhood moment.

My ex, who was always so horrible at gifts that I am pretty sure she does it bc she hates me .. actually bought me a copy of this and a gameboy. She spent like $300 on it, it was my money so she didnt care .. probably the point.

Anyway of course the game and game boy dint work and she bought it "on line".

i actually have the game in my office drawer for "that one day"

list of other gifts:

- Haynesworth jersey size XXXXL that had some of the red bleed onto the white stripes so it was effectivelyt pink looking .. spent almost $200 off a guy on the streets of baltimore

- one of those crappy mini tables where you can play pool, ping pong or fooseball but its small and rickety so its unplaybale but like big enough it just takes up a 2' x 6' corner in my basement

- 6 cans of WD40, still have 5 after 10 years

- used dvd of Role Models

- a leather tool belt .. im not a tool belt guy .. maybe I misread and that was a hint at a sex kink

- a foot massager water thing .. im a dude

Reactions: twabby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad