OT: Video Games VI

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Having never being stoned (hated my mom smoking as a young kid so despised anything related to that) I'll need to evaluate its appeal to my OCD nature that has me compulsively playing Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous without never finishing it.
Damn, that sucks. My kids have seen me smoke just once and it was a cigar at a holiday party we had at the house and they grilled the shit out of me for it. Made me promise I wouldn’t smoke cigars any more which I almost never do anyway… once or twice a year at most, if that. Fast forward two weeks later to Christmas and my in-laws gave me a custom designed humidor for reasons I still don’t understand. My daughter was NOT pleased when my father in law told her it wasn’t a pencil case like I said it was when I opened it so it’s stayed empty on a shelf as a decorative piece for a few years and she checks it occasionally to make sure I didn’t break my promise :laugh:

I have not been able to find a game for months that I wanted to play but this game is super fun. If you’ve ever played the The Division games and enjoyed that kind of coop shooter genre you’ll like this game a lot. Also it’s pretty much a Starship Troopers game just a few decades later than the movie. My only real gripe with it is that there’s not really a single player mode so if I want to just play a quick game and matchmaking gets funky it can burn some time.

Reactions: usiel

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Is it all out yet? I vaguely recall the first release was just part of it, and was waiting till the whole thing was out. I've heard nothing but good things.

The FF7 Remake is three parts and Rebirth is part 2. It's fantastic so far, wish I had more time to play.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The FF7 Remake is three parts and Rebirth is part 2. It's fantastic so far, wish I had more time to play.
I need someone to explain it to me like I’m five. So in order to get the full FF7 game/story I have to buy three different games/parts? And they’re not all out yet?

FF was something I could never get into growing up but I’d like to give it a shot one of these days and am trying to figure out how to get into it.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I need someone to explain it to me like I’m five. So in order to get the full FF7 game/story I have to buy three different games/parts? And they’re not all out yet?

FF was something I could never get into growing up but I’d like to give it a shot one of these days and am trying to figure out how to get into it.

Yes, consider the FF7 Remake as a trilogy. Part 2 (Rebirth) just came out last week. Part 1 came out in 2020 and you will need to play that first in order to get into it.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
Damn, that sucks. My kids have seen me smoke just once and it was a cigar at a holiday party we had at the house and they grilled the shit out of me for it. Made me promise I wouldn’t smoke cigars any more which I almost never do anyway… once or twice a year at most, if that. Fast forward two weeks later to Christmas and my in-laws gave me a custom designed humidor for reasons I still don’t understand. My daughter was NOT pleased when my father in law told her it wasn’t a pencil case like I said it was when I opened it so it’s stayed empty on a shelf as a decorative piece for a few years and she checks it occasionally to make sure I didn’t break my promise :laugh:

I have not been able to find a game for months that I wanted to play but this game is super fun. If you’ve ever played the The Division games and enjoyed that kind of coop shooter genre you’ll like this game a lot. Also it’s pretty much a Starship Troopers game just a few decades later than the movie. My only real gripe with it is that there’s not really a single player mode so if I want to just play a quick game and matchmaking gets funky it can burn some time.
That sounds like a regift

Reactions: Devil Dancer

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006

Single player is possible. You can change your game to private instead of public and the start a mission that doesn't have any players in it. No one will join and you can go on your own.

I've done that a few times to try out new equipment or if I just don't want to be bothered with others.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
Reviews for helldivers were mixed at best, but I have been hearing about it multiple times a day for weeks it seems. Wonder what the disconnect is

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Is it normal WASD type thing for controls?

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Sponsor
Feb 7, 2013
Had my eye on Stellaris for a while, but the overwhelming number of dlcs scared me off. Since they came out with a subscription for all the content, seems like as good a time as any with 70% off the base game.

$12 for the base game + $30 for 6 months of all content. $42+tax. Not bad, really. It's a few times higher than that to get it all on sale.

If it ends up being one of my favorite games and I end up wanting to own it all anyway, I will have gotten my $30 worth for the sub.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I guess ill put this here as anecdotal consideration for anyone

I switched from 1 gig wired to router wireless internet ($100/mo) TO a completely wireless t mobile gateway ($50/mo)

PS5 says signal to weak to connect so I am switching back to 1 gig

• Wow
Reactions: Devil Dancer

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida

I switched from 1 gig wired to router wireless internet ($100/mo) TO a completely wireless t mobile gateway ($50/mo)

Yeah, if the cellular gateway is 5G and you have great 5G reception at your house, it can be a great option, but that's pretty rare. Most places that have dense 5G are urban centers, and even then they get shared a ton and fluctuate a lot. 5G has insane bandwidth potential, but dedicated, solid coverage isn't common at all yet.

Reactions: Neil Racki

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Glad you have the option to switch back. In the FPS gaming sphere I'd really want to know what latency is like going to mobile home internet. Non-online gamers probably not as much as a big detail.

Reactions: Neil Racki

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I've referenced it throughout this thread and even other threads, but man oh man if FF7: Rebirth an all-timer. It's the pinnacle of a "remake" IMO. Others have done it well (Resident Evil series, Demons Souls, and many others) but the FF7 remake goes above and beyond what a remake typically is thought of. Many of the original story elements are brought in but they throw curveballs in there that I wasn't expecting at all.

I'm also a sucker for good soundtracks and this game has banger after banger. What a game!

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I'm also a sucker for good soundtracks and this game has banger after banger. What a game!

Update: I have procured tickets for the FF7 Rebirth orchestral concert coming to Orlando in November! I live a blessèd life.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Having a ton of fun with Helldivers 2. I can see the grind getting old at some point but having a lot of fun with it right now.
That is what I was wondering. Apparently they are steadily adding new things and sort of having that game master set different goals and objectives seems interesting. My bro is like 48th level and sees it is still a blast at the high level game play. Definitely going solo its going to be a bit of a grind and one needs some higher difficulty items to unlock some things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad