OT: Video Games V

Status
Not open for further replies.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Just finished Spiderman PS4. I would rate it as the second best game I've played on the PS4, right after Uncharted 4. I would place it ahead of such great games as Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Rise of the Tomb Raider. It is THAT good. It feels like you are playing a live action comic book. The story is tremendous, the villains are brillant (a mix of classic Spiderman villains that you are familiar with some new ones you've never seen before), the writing (in particular Peter Parker's trademark banter) is sharp and (at times) hillarious, the graphics are gorgeous (especially Manhattan), the combat exhilerating (perfectly captures the speed and ingenuity with which Spiderman would fight). If it were not for RDR 2 in a month, this would be my GOTY, hands down. Highly, highly recommended.

(BTW, that IGN gave this a 8.7 out of 10 is a joke. This game is a masterpiece, period. I'd give it 9.7 or 9.8 at least. Only a couple of ticky tack things hold it back from being a perfect 10).

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I wish NHL got onto the computer like Madden and Fifa. I think once the season kicks into things I'll get more into it. Currently they don't have Samsonov in the game and that's kinda what I was waiting on before going full tilt into it.

I'm curious how the new Scouting system will work in franchise, at least it's something. The actual game feels pretty good at a base level, I bet with sliders it'll be good.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Stop tempting me.

With a 144Hz monitor would come a simultaneously upgrade to my video card. The GTX1070 is great, but a few years old now. I could go 1080, but eff that, let's jump all the way to a 2080. Hmmm, might need a new power supply to support that. Dump one of those in the cart as well.

And of course, I'm a dual display user. So if I have one 144Hz monitor, I might as well get a matching second one.

>Looks at price in shopping cart<

Whew, talked myself out of it.

From what I read about the 20xx I would think a total pass as the gains are minimal. Then again the nvidia founder pricing BS is Apple like.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
I wish NHL got onto the computer like Madden and Fifa. I think once the season kicks into things I'll get more into it. Currently they don't have Samsonov in the game and that's kinda what I was waiting on before going full tilt into it.

I'm curious how the new Scouting system will work in franchise, at least it's something. The actual game feels pretty good at a base level, I bet with sliders it'll be good.

Yeah, I don't get why NHL isn't on PC. Might not sell as much as Madden (here), but Europe might make up for that. I'm not going to shell out $300-$400 on a console just for one game.

Right now I'm trying to decide between Forza Horizon 4 & AC Odyssey.

Last edited:

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
This looks pretty cool:

Its a game coming out in December based on the Gwent game in Witcher 3 (which I loved).

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
AC Oddessy gets a 9.2 from IGN. That's a HIGHER score than gave Spiderman (8.7), which turned out to be a masterpiece. So one can only imagine how great this latest AC game is.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I posted earlier when I first started but I wanted to post again now that I'm well into the game:

Spider-Man is fantastic. I didn't think that any other comic book game would approach Arkham Asylum/Arkham City but this one is probably better than both. Everything about the game is incredibly satisfying. Web-slinging is a ton of fun, combat is simple but addicting and smooth, and the story/voice acting is top-notch.

Reactions: sycamore

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I posted earlier when I first started but I wanted to post again now that I'm well into the game:

Spider-Man is fantastic. I didn't think that any other comic book game would approach Arkham Asylum/Arkham City but this one is probably better than both. Everything about the game is incredibly satisfying. Web-slinging is a ton of fun, combat is simple but addicting and smooth, and the story/voice acting is top-notch.

Interesting. I'm not a huge Marvel or comics guy but I absolutely loved the Arkham series. Maybe I'll be picking up a copy of Spider-Man.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I like this new FIFA a lot.

Me w/ FIFA every year:

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010

The guy who does J Jonah Jameson is absolutely hilarious.

Sep 19, 2008
FIFA is okay. Haven't really played a lot due to vacations and all. The Journey mode is pretty cool and you can customize your character.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
FIFA should arrive today. I'm OK at it. Soooo many moves I can't do. Just never played it as much as Madden or NHL.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Played AC Oddessy all of yesterday. Its basically AC Origins with power steering and a spoiler. Not sure what Ubisoft
was thinking here, coming out with basically the same game for the last 2 years.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Played AC Oddessy all of yesterday. Its basically AC Origins with power steering and a spoiler. Not to sure what Ubisoft
was thinking here, coming out with basically the same game for the last 2 years.

$$$$$$$$$$

Kroger

Oct 4, 2018
Looking to join a club on NHL 19. Mostly D, but can play any forward position too. EST time zone, on most weekday nights.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Played AC Oddessy all of yesterday. Its basically AC Origins with power steering and a spoiler. Not sure what Ubisoft

I'm enjoying it, but I never played Origins. Can't compare the two. Have some of the older games that I got for free, but have never played them.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

I've played a lot of AC over the years (all of them up through Black Flag) but I may only spring for just one of these two if they're so similar. I know this is subjective but is one better than the other? Since ACBF was my last I don't think I've played one designed solely for the PS4.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Heh I only play on semi-pro. Im loving it so far. Too lazy to learn the fancy stuff too lol....

I'd like to just find a way to lab some moves but not sure if that exists in the menu anywhere. The skills comps are kinda meh.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'd like to just find a way to lab some moves but not sure if that exists in the menu anywhere. The skills comps are kinda meh.

There’s a ton of new stuff. So far I’m just managing Chelsea in a preseason American tournament. Beat Barcelona, PSG, Columbus to start. I should bump up the difficulty.

Since I haven’t bought since FIFA 16, seems like a massive upgrade. Hate how I get bodied off the ball so easily.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
There’s a ton of new stuff. So far I’m just managing Chelsea in a preseason American tournament. Beat Barcelona, PSG, Columbus to start. I should bump up the difficulty.

Since I haven’t bought since FIFA 16, seems like a massive upgrade. Hate how I get bodied off the ball so easily.

FIFA 15 was my last, but before that I think it was all the way back to Striker 96 so everything now is gravy.

btw there was another pillars of eternity and I think some expansions.

After I get tired of sports games I may torture myself with Dark Souls 3.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I'm enjoying it, but I never played Origins. Can't compare the two. Have some of the older games that I got for free, but have never played them.

The further I get into it the more I enjoy it. The cutscenes are far and away better than the terrible cutscenes of Origins, the story is a lot better, and the world is much bigger too. And I absolutely love some of the new skills, especially "Stealth Master", the skill that increases your assassination damage at night. That it so much fun to play.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I've played a lot of AC over the years (all of them up through Black Flag) but I may only spring for just one of these two if they're so similar. I know this is subjective but is one better than the other? Since ACBF was my last I don't think I've played one designed solely for the PS4.

Oddessy is the better of the two. It's like an edited, final draft version of Origins.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Oddessy is the better of the two. It's like an edited, final draft version of Origins.

Tempting. When I saw Origins was going to be in Egypt I was pretty excited due to the scenery and the pantheon. Do the side quests matter for shit in either one? Gear? I love side quests and good leveling in both powers and gear. Limited weapons/skills and boring "collector" quests turn a game into work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad