OT: Video Games V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Just finished Mario Odyssey, feels like I have yet to even start that game.

Nearing the end of Wolfenstein II, story is amazing, gameplay is mediocre.

Spending a decent amount of time in CoD WWII multiplayer, feels like a nice return to basics except for all of the systems they've created outside of the game. I feel like I'm earning 6 types of currency and I don't know what a single one does. The campaign is pretty garbage, who told these developers that the new trend was to get rid of regenerating health?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Ok, so Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor, on sale for PS4 for $10. Tempted.

Anyone love this game? I watched a few streams of players...was fascinating.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Ok, so Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor, on sale for PS4 for $10. Tempted.

Anyone love this game? I watched a few streams of players...was fascinating.
If you can get that game on sale, pull the trigger. It's fabulous, and the Nemesis System (in my opinion) is a total gamechanger in terms of enemy NPCs.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If you can get that game on sale, pull the trigger. It's fabulous, and the Nemesis System (in my opinion) is a total gamechanger in terms of enemy NPCs.

Thx for the feedback.....looks very fun....for $10 seems like a no brainer. I’ve been dying for something else on PS4 besides FIFA.

HeyMattyB

Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Oh man, I'm reading a couple of new articles about SW:BF2's loot boxes (and loot boxes/microtransactions in general) and I guess EA confirmed that it will take an additional 40 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY to "earn" (instead of purchasing) either Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker.

40 HOURS EACH.

And the justification they offered on an official reddit thread for that ridiculous time commitment was that it would "provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes.” According to the article, that comment by EA was the most downvoted comment in the history of Reddit. It has "nearly 10 times more than second place (which “literally asked for [downvotes]”)"

No thanks, EA.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
This is the first year in a long time that I haven't bought FIFA. I don't think I've turned my PS4 on in close to a year, unfortunately. Adulting can really suck!

I’m still playing FIFA 16. Next version I get will be the World Cup....FIFA, Blue Rays and some streaming is about all the work my PS4 gets.

Slateman

Feb 2, 2016
So pretty much all my wish list went on sale.
Pick the top 5 of these games I should buy out of the below list. All are at what I deem an acceptable price point.
Crysis trilogy
Game of Thrones Telltale series
Batman telltale series
Quantum Break
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Doom
Sniper 3
Mafia 3
Rainbow Six Siege
Shadow of War
Sniper Elite 4
Batman Arkham Asylum/City/Origins/Knight
Metal Gear Solid V (both)
Home front Revolution
Assassin's Creed Origins

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Spending a decent amount of time in CoD WWII multiplayer, feels like a nice return to basics except for all of the systems they've created outside of the game. I feel like I'm earning 6 types of currency and I don't know what a single one does. The campaign is pretty garbage, who told these developers that the new trend was to get rid of regenerating health?
CoD WWII multiplayer is finally fun again now that they went back to basics. Not a huge fan of the divisions aspect. It seems like there's so many different things to prestige. Also not a fan of how long it takes to go from ending the game to the headquarters. There's no time in between to switch classes around which gets frustrating.

I wasn't a huge fan of the campaign either. Hated the fact that I had to waste time looking for the health packs.

Slateman

Feb 2, 2016
Sheesh, dead thread is dead

So I got Rainbow Six Siege on PC. Username is the same as here, so add me if you want to play.

Last couple days of Steam Sales, so I'm trying to decide what I want. Really what I want is a nice single player game. Options:

Mass Effect Andromeda - 24.99 (have to get it off Origins)
Sniper Elite 4 - 20.39
Dishonored 2 - 19.99
Rise of the Tomb Raider - 19.99
Mafia III - 15.99
Shadow of Mordor - 41.99
Assassin's Creed Origins - 41.99

HeyMattyB

Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I tried not to make any major purchases during the Winter Sale. I have sooo many unplayed games in my Steam library; it feels like stupid/reckless spending to keep buying new ones. But I did end up getting these:

Dark Souls III: At $15, I couldn't pass it up. I think I'm going to finally give up on DS1 and just try to enjoy II and III.

Prey: $16. Recommended multiple times by gamerpals. I was never particularly pumped about it, but I like System/Bioshock and Dishonored, so whatever. I'll try out Arkane's watered-down System Shock.

I also got Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Little Nightmares, and Nex Machina based on recommendations from various "Best Of Indie/Innovative Games 2017" lists I read. I also found a bunch of other games on those lists that I already own but have never played, so I re-installed them. (What Remains of Edith Finch, Tacoma, Hollow Knight, Night in the Woods, The Sexy Brutale.)

Of course, I'll probably spend the next month playing nothing but Overwatch. I love that game--but right now it feels like an frustrating addiction that I don't even enjoy. I need a break from it. :(

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 releases in March....holding out.

That’s a lot of unplayed titles Matty....lol...

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I've started few days ago a be a gm mode with sabres (nhl)
and guess who won the Cup in year 2 and 3?? (15/16 and 16/17)

Yep, Pittsburgh and both times the Conn Smythe was for Crosby. That's ****ing amazing because 99% of the time, the Conn Smythe is for the Goalie.
Even the game is rigged

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Sad to say but I'm pretty disappointed with Mass Effect Andromeda. SOOOO tedious. I hear it's OK if you just ignore all the side quests but the dialogues are all tiresome and pointless. It's pretty obvious they just added a lot of filler.

Going to play something else and maybe pick it back up later. I have a copy of Far Cry 4 I got cheap staring at me. May give that a whirl. Never played that series.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Putting down ME and picking up FC4 was a good move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad