OT: Video Game Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
tenor.gif
Got some games in with turban last night. Was like old times. Some day.

but seriously come back and try! It’s like a stacked end game mode. I beg you

Reactions: Magua

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I think someone was talking about new world the other day. Someone retweeted this, and it doesn’t really show any real context.

Reactions: sa cyred

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I think someone was talking about new world the other day. Someone retweeted this, and it doesn’t really show any real context.

Yep was me. I was playing the beta with a few of the friends yesterday for a few hours. It wasnt bad. Issue is doesn't hold a light to FFXIV in any way. I'll prob still mess around in the beta abit more though.

Reactions: Lord Defect

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
anyone play PGA Tour 2K21?
I know I'm late, but I just bought this game for $20 yesterday and couldn't stop playing it. Brought back some Tiger Woods memories.

I have to do some digging on the community courses. The course selection menus were very laggy. Not sure if that is common or just a one-off,

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I know I'm late, but I just bought this game for $20 yesterday and couldn't stop playing it. Brought back some Tiger Woods memories.

I have to do some digging on the community courses. The course selection menus were very laggy. Not sure if that is common or just a one-off,
It's a blast until you get to the Tour Championship at East Lake and the game decides you aren't worthy enough to win the FedEx Cup for some reason and it f***s you repeatedly until you have no chance of ending up on top. That happened twice to me so far after straight up cruising to East Lake with the FedEx Cup points lead.

There are some really fun community courses. Even the wacky ones are fun to mess around on. 1200 yd hole in one? Sure, why not. I never dealt with any lag, so maybe it was just a one off like you said.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It's a blast until you get to the Tour Championship at East Lake and the game decides you aren't worthy enough to win the FedEx Cup for some reason and it f***s you repeatedly until you have no chance of ending up on top. That happened twice to me so far after straight up cruising to East Lake with the FedEx Cup points lead.

There are some really fun community courses. Even the wacky ones are fun to mess around on. 1200 yd hole in one? Sure, why not. I never dealt with any lag, so maybe it was just a one off like you said.
Yeah I'm usually not into the career mode stuff so I don't think that will bother me. I've just been banging out a quick 18 holes in 25 minutes or so and trying out the official course while I try to get the mechanics down.

Hopefully I'll be decent enough to jump into online modes and not embarrass myself.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I'm finally getting around to playing God of War after realizing it was free on PS+. Never knew about all those "Playstation Hits" that were included with the rotating monthly free games.

It looks absolutely incredible on PS5. Probably even better than Assassin's Creed for the most part. Although the distant landscapes on AC look better than GoW.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I have never beaten a GTA game.
I’d wager the furthest I have gotten have been 3/4 of the way through, and then it’ll turn into a super serious driving mission and some NPC not involved into the mission hits me for no reason at all and I set the world ablaze. Then spend the next however long playing “let’s see how long I can live with 5 stars”

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I’d wager the furthest I have gotten have been 3/4 of the way through, and then it’ll turn into a super serious driving mission and some NPC not involved into the mission hits me for no reason at all and I set the world ablaze. Then spend the next however long playing “let’s see how long I can live with 5 stars”

The GTA games have stories?

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019

There are only two GTA missions that made me want to throw my controller through the television.

The first one is the radio controlled helicopter mission in Vice City where you have to fly it and set explosive charges. I just couldn’t control that damn thing.

The second is the train mission on San Andreas. Can’t remember all the details, but I know I kept failing at a particular spot.

Both times I walked away from the game for a month or so, and finished the missions when I picked them up again.

I also remember doing a lot of swimming in SA to get away from the fuzz lol.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
The first one is the radio controlled helicopter mission in Vice City where you have to fly it and set explosive charges. I just couldn’t control that damn thing.

YUP

Another one for me: the SA mission where I am supposed to fly the usual Cessna and get to the tail of the private jet and get on board. That was frustrating as hell. There's is a trick with the altitude etc but even the trick is frustrating

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
There are only two GTA missions that made me want to throw my controller through the television.

The second is the train mission on San Andreas. Can’t remember all the details, but I know I kept failing at a particular spot.

Both times I walked away from the game for a month or so, and finished the missions when I picked them up again.

Those two missions were the bane of my life

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Those two missions were the bane of my life

They were sooo painful.

Thankfully Rockstar learned and I don't think I ever had any issues with missions in Liberty City, GTA V, or RDR. Still haven't gotten to RDR2.

I was more annoyed about my stupid cousin Roman. No, Roman, I don't want to go bowling.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013

f*** that damn helicopter. This is exactly where I stopped playing this game.

Reactions: flyersnorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad