OT: Video Game Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
There are only two GTA missions that made me want to throw my controller through the television.

The first one is the radio controlled helicopter mission in Vice City where you have to fly it and set explosive charges. I just couldn’t control that damn thing.

The second is the train mission on San Andreas. Can’t remember all the details, but I know I kept failing at a particular spot.

Both times I walked away from the game for a month or so, and finished the missions when I picked them up again.

I also remember doing a lot of swimming in SA to get away from the fuzz lol.
This one was brutal on ps2:

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
The heck you talking about, Mr. Hand? The parodies and satire are next level. GTA 5, with the 3 concurrent story arcs, was fantastic. They very much have stories.

stop!!!! you're gonna make me start playing it again from the start for like the 10th time lol

Reactions: Magua

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Anyone here use / tried cloud gaming like Stadia, Luna or XBOX Game Pass?

What's your experience been like?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Anyone here use / tried cloud gaming like Stadia, Luna or XBOX Game Pass?

What's your experience been like?
Have Stadia. Did not like it at first because my internet connection was poor and game choice was limited. Love it now. Totally worth the $9.99 month pro subscription. PM me and I can send you a code for a free month!

Reactions: flyersnorth

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Does anyone here collect retro games and if so anyone in the South Jersey/Jersey Shore area have any games they want to get rid of (either for sale or trade)? Let me know! I have a few I am about to post on ebay but would really prefer to wheel and deal outside of ebay because I'm just gonna turn around buy more games with the money I make from the sales. Haha.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
EA is going to split the already small NHL player base by having two different versions of the game - one for PS4/Xbox, one of PS5/New Xbox.

New gen games are moving to Frostbite, but the new gen consoles are still hard to find and don't seem to have enough exclusive games to make it worth it, at least for me. The EASHL league I play in is most likely sticking with the PS4 version anyway.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
EA is going to split the already small NHL player base by having two different versions of the game - one for PS4/Xbox, one of PS5/New Xbox.

New gen games are moving to Frostbite, but the new gen consoles are still hard to find and don't seem to have enough exclusive games to make it worth it, at least for me. The EASHL league I play in is most likely sticking with the PS4 version anyway.
I feel like they did that with 15/16/17, whichever year it was.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

I imagine esports is done on next gen. Probably the league(s) I play in as well. I only have a Series X now, but I know you have to pay $100 to get both gen versions of NHL22. The kicker is there is no carry over of progression between versions. A game like The Show, meanwhile, never ported to Xbox previously, not only has cross gen but cross system — for no additional cost. It’s hard to see myself playing the last gen version of NHL. You’re right of course that splitting the small community is a horrid idea. But at least hardcore Xbox players can get the Series S, worst case.

EA’s business operations are farcical. Madden and FIFA have been on Frostbite since 2018 and 2017 too, while the NHL developers try to sell how cutting edge and revolutionary this switch has been (full focus, etc.).

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I imagine esports is done on next gen. Probably the league(s) I play in as well. I only have a Series X now, but I know you have to pay $100 to get both gen versions of NHL22. The kicker is there is no carry over of progression between versions. A game like The Show, meanwhile, never ported to Xbox previously, not only has cross gen but cross system — for no additional cost. It’s hard to see myself playing the last gen version of NHL. You’re right of course that splitting the small community is a horrid idea. But at least hardcore Xbox players can get the Series S, worst case.

EA’s business operations are farcical. Madden and FIFA have been on Frostbite since 2018 and 2017 too, while the NHL developers try to sell how cutting edge and revolutionary this switch has been (full focus, etc.).
Any of those jabronis in that league need one... let me know.

I can get back on my horse.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

This is why you should become a Fortnite professional.

Reactions: Magua

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Not a big gamer. Pretty much limited to occasionally playing Football Manager and Civilization. But I'm not a fan of Civ VI so was looking to try something in a similar vein. Got something called Crusader Kings III last night; yeesh, I'm never going to learn how to play it in the limited time I devote to such things. Ridiculously deep and complicated.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Not a big gamer. Pretty much limited to occasionally playing Football Manager and Civilization. But I'm not a fan of Civ VI so was looking to try something in a similar vein. Got something called Crusader Kings III last night; yeesh, I'm never going to learn how to play it in the limited time I devote to such things. Ridiculously deep and complicated.

If you are a Civ fan, you might like Humankind.

Humankind Game - Official Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad