OT: Video Game Thread: Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
@Defect It's not up my alley, but I can tell you that my fiancee has now bought Stardew Valley on 3 platforms. I guess it really is that good if you enjoy the genre.

That's a great list. An awful lot of stuff that's fantastic I don't need on a second platform like BOI (I'm assuming Afterbirth) and L.A. Noire, but I'm definitely in for Xenoblade, Disgaea, and the Bayonetta bundle if I can find them. Thanks!
I haven’t tried any games of that genre.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I do not normally play games like sekiro or dark souls etc. Found it challenging but rewarding. I enjoyed getting through it.

It's another 3rd person action RPG game in the same vein. Sekiro / Dark Souls / FromSoftware games lack the lightsaber and have higher difficulty is all, but the combat is more reactive (feels better) in Sekiro, Cal's dodging was a little slow and clunky at times (but not enough to make me dislike the game). Really enjoyed Fallen Order.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I may end up getting Google Stadia eventually once more titles come out. Something very appealing to carrying more entertainment with me, as grownup stuff has you doing a lot of boring nonsense... DMV, taking family to dentist, etc.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Finished Disco Elysium instead of the Flyers game. Great decision. Best thing I’ve played in years.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’ve been in the mood to play Pokémon after watching people stream the new one and seeing Pokémon mentioned on here, but I don’t have a Switch so I’ve started a new game on Soul Silver. :laugh:

Gen 1-4 = good
Gen 5-8 = poo

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I haven't gotten a physical copy of anything for Xbox once I linked my account to my nephew's. That way any digital game one of us gets, the other can play for free.

I only wish he was on Team PS so I didn't have to buy two consoles. Xbox exclusives usually suck monkey nuts.

Also Borderlands 3...the new weapons and abilities are fantastic. The story is cool and answers most of the long-standing questions about the game universe. The humor is LAME AS HELL. You can tell the original writer is gone and someone tried to ape his style and failed miserably. Every other joke is the same.

1. Character slyly alludes to something.
2. Character then says exactly what they are alluding to anyway.

The first time when Moxxi does it and there is a long pause between her clarification, it's funny. The 98th time a character does it, I want to beat the shit out of the writer. The only characters I remember liking are Tina, The Buff Film Buff (who is imitation Tommy Wiseau and sounds just like him), and the two Robots near the end (one whom has to be inspired by Alan Rickman's portrayal of Marvin the Paranoid Android).

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad