OT: Video Game Thread: Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soup Enthusiast

Good Soup
Jan 25, 2016
You are knowledgable about this, so maybe you could help or posit a guess, Jojo (or anyone else):

I bought this monitor last week (it was on sale for like $100 less) -- https://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-xf270h-27-led-fhd-freesync-monitor-black/6096600.p?skuId=6096600 -- to get as little input lag as possible for competitive online console games (not a PC gamer). I'm currently on a 26" television, and while the frame rate and everything looked good on the monitor, to my total surprise and disappointment, this monitor had MORE controller input lag than my television. Like noticeably, and we're talking a 10 year old TV, not even 1080p, that I dug out of the closet to use over my big and much too delayed 4K television. I'm at a total loss.

Obviously, I want a monitor to upgrade the image quality, but my most important want is as little input delay as possible, certainly as good or better than a 10 year old TV. Acer support was zero help. I'm going to return it, but I'm wondering if there's a certain avenue I should take with brand, model, components, etc. Given I'm on an Xbox, with more limited capacities, excessively high frame rates and resolution > 1080p aren't needed. :help:
your first mistake was buying an Acer product

Reactions: kudymen and Magua

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Did my good deed of the holiday season last night. Two parents were confused at Target trying to figure out what came with the Nintendo Switch. Gave them an explanation on everything I could remember off the top of my head and answered any questions they had. It's hard out there for parents man. Too many new things coming out and you don't want to screw up and get your kid something boring.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Did my good deed of the holiday season last night. Two parents were confused at Target trying to figure out what came with the Nintendo Switch. Gave them an explanation on everything I could remember off the top of my head and answered any questions they had. It's hard out there for parents man. Too many new things coming out and you don't want to screw up and get your kid something boring.
I got a sega genesis one year for Christmas, and mortal kombat. Best Christmas ever! That is until I noticed the mortal kombat was sega game gear.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
76912035_2226436474128635_260478659716972544_n.jpg

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Steam + Switch

And I bought a Steam controller. I have no idea why, but they made it so damn cheap.
Almost done with Pokemon Shield. The Gen VIII designs are meh. The plot is non-existent until the end. The Exp Share always being on makes you overleveled pretty easily. Gonna go back to Luigi's Mansion 3 and finish that up. Maybe I should pick up Xenoblade 2.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Almost don't with Pokemon Shield. The Gen VIII designs are meh. The plot is non-existent until the end. The Exp Share always being on makes you overleveled pretty easily. Gonna go back to Luigi's Mansion 3 and finish that up. Maybe I should pick up Xenoblade 2.

Xenoblade is NEVER on sale. I’m hoping tomorrow because I’ve held out so long that I really don’t want to pay $55 for a 2017 game.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Wow.

Just got NHL 20 for a larf. Haven't played one in years.

One thing I noticed was the commentary. It's brutal. Muted half way through the first game. I couldn't bear listening to them. I know it was a complete overhaul and they failed on it.

Game play doesn't seem too bad as I've just played the one game.

I had 2 penalty shots against me and the whole d zone was full of players. A hook as a player skated toward the net caused them. Must be a glitch. Regardless it's a bad one.

I'll create my player and mostly sim franchise or whatever they are calling it these days for the snapchat generation of humans.

Anyone else been playing?
(As I'm months behind the curve)
-------

I have enjoyed the little of world or warships I've played. Bit of fun to sail the seas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad