OT: Video Game Thread: Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Reading your posts, I had to check out how cheap the controller is. 5.50€!! Omg...

But it says they are out of stock already. Unfortunately

Reactions: Chinatown88

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Dang I didn't think you would be so tempted. :laugh:

I should've bit on the Mark Lawrence books. But they did The Broken Empire trilogy in an omnibus edition. I would get so paranoid about the spine that it would just be a display item.

She loved Uprooted and Faerie Tale and she keeps saying she wants to start a book collection. No time like the present.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I figured since this isn’t actually food, it should go in this thread.
8442D655-756A-4EE0-96F8-75D5924802DD.jpeg

I’m an idiot but this is staying put.

Last edited:

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Only tried it once. We got the the semi-finals but then lost 5-6.

You having bad luck?
Tried many times, lost in the finals twice. Once got slaughtered by a couple guys who just got done snorting a pound of cocaine, the other was a true heart breaker 5-6 OT loss.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Tried many times, lost in the finals twice. Once got slaughtered by a couple guys who just got done snorting a pound of cocaine, the other was a true heart breaker 5-6 OT loss.

Yeah, that’s rough.

2v2s are usually pretty good but then you either run into cracked out 12 year olds or the most patient humans alive who hide while aiming at corners.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
That doesn't surprise me, the developers of that game were primarily responsible for MW2, the best shooter of all time. I never played either but they did Apex legends and titanfall too. I hope they have a military shooter project in the future.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Just finished Fallen Order the other night. Great game! Recommend for any Star Wars fan. Now back to the COD Grind

It isn't a masterpiece, but I've had loads of fun playing it. Feels like I'm nearing the end. Started the game on Jedi Master level. Pretty easy as I'm used to this style of game. I video captured my boss fights thusfar. I suppose if I'm feeling up to it I'll do a 2nd run as Grandmaster as the game doesn't have New Game +. Should be faster as I know the shortcuts/levels. The swordfighting is Sekiro so once you master that really every mob dies easily.

Absolutely would recommend the game.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia
It isn't a masterpiece, but I've had loads of fun playing it. Feels like I'm nearing the end. Started the game on Jedi Master level. Pretty easy as I'm used to this style of game. I video captured my boss fights thusfar. I suppose if I'm feeling up to it I'll do a 2nd run as Grandmaster as the game doesn't have New Game +. Should be faster as I know the shortcuts/levels. The swordfighting is Sekiro so once you master that really every mob dies easily.

Absolutely would recommend the game.

i LOVED Sekiro and it def gave me an advantage for this game. Also going to play through Fallen Order again on a higher difficulty.

Reactions: Flyotes

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
i LOVED Sekiro and it def gave me an advantage for this game. Also going to play through Fallen Order again on a higher difficulty.

Yep, that part comes off as low-rent Sekiro but being a Jedi is innately cool so I loved it.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Just finished Fallen Order. absolutely loved it. Fantastic. Want more. Sad knowing there will likely not be any more for a long while

I do not normally play games like sekiro or dark souls etc. Found it challenging but rewarding. I enjoyed getting through it.

Reactions: Flyotes

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
@JojoTheWhale

Argh. NintendoSwitchDeals subreddit has an interesting post with physical Switch games being 50% at Target, YMMV.

The only things that catch my eye here are Doom and Binding of Issac, that sucks. I was hoping stardew valley might have been there, I keep hearing good things about it but a demo would be great, half price is second best.
I would highly recommend NOT getting payday 2 on any console. The devs notoriously hate consoles and abandoned the first payday of almost all updates and patches.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
@Defect It's not up my alley, but I can tell you that my fiancee has now bought Stardew Valley on 3 platforms. I guess it really is that good if you enjoy the genre.

@JojoTheWhale
Argh. NintendoSwitchDeals subreddit has an interesting post with physical Switch games being 50% at Target, YMMV.

That's a great list. An awful lot of stuff that's fantastic I don't need on a second platform like BOI (I'm assuming Afterbirth) and L.A. Noire, but I'm definitely in for Xenoblade, Disgaea, and the Bayonetta bundle if I can find them. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad