OT: Video Game Thread: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Because it's something they may be able to make more money off of. Seriously, the EASHL severs are ****ing bad. Do you have it for XB or PS4?

They only care about HUT; they make most of their money off HUT. The amount of hardcore Be A Pro/Franchise people aren't their cash cow. As we've seen mentioned already, a fair number of them don't even buy the annual release.

With the business potential of Esports, having a more workable EASHL product should be vital for them. The NHL competitions they have now are just HUT/Versus anyway. But 6v6 is where the future is at. Unfortunately, the game mechanics are too wonky still to embrace elite tier competition. And the servers are a nightmare from game to game, with zero consistency and gamebreaking/skill capping results. It's embarrassing in the year 2019 that playing east coast vs. west coast might as well be playing on Earth vs. Saturn.

I play on Xbox.

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Fix the ****ing gameplay and servers. Who cares about Be A Pro?

-signed,
EASHL player

Maybe this speaks to the general issue with the game and back to my "release every year" problem. Be A Pro and Franchise are the most important modes to me - I spend 4-6 months in hotels/work camps every summer with little or no internet access and one of my only recreational options is to play video games offline. I also fully understand that the online modes are more important to other people, and yet other people care deeply about the roster updates, etc.

One more gripe about Be a GM: building from within doesn't seem to be a thing, at least not with the CPU. I usually never get through three or four seasons, but in just about every series I watch on YouTube, teams ~5 years in the future seem to be exclusively filled with veteran free agents, usually with hardly any team-developed prospects to be found. This seems especially bad in Be a Pro and is probably also the reason why teams seem to never have enough $ to re-sign key RFAs. Also doesn't help that a lot of EA's default potentials for players in juniors are frequently pretty off-base.

Well, sorta. The CPU can't seem to ever resign their RFAs so there are tonnes of quality free agents every year. But the system also puts way too many Elite/Franchise players in every draft (especially goalies) that never seem to bust. Spending 2-3 seasons on free agents and stock piling these incredible prospects means that about 4-5 years in you can get into a perpetual cycle of prospects in their breakout years.

I have not gotten very far in BAP (I play every game with full authentic settings, including 20 minute periods) but I can definitely see this being an issue. I've also noticed the game doesn't seem to pay attention to who is already on the roster when signing players - my Ottawa GM had an Anderson/Bishop tandem when I was drafted, then signed both Jimmy Howard and Mike Smith in free agency. I don't get sent to the minors because I am not AHL eligible but the game has to keep forcing quality players into the minors to keep those 4 goalies on the roster.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
They only care about HUT; they make most of their money off HUT. The amount of hardcore Be A Pro/Franchise people aren't their cash cow. As we've seen mentioned already, a fair number of them don't even buy the annual release.

With the business potential of Esports, having a more workable EASHL product should be vital for them. The NHL competitions they have now are just HUT/Versus anyway. But 6v6 is where the future is at. Unfortunately, the game mechanics are too wonky still to embrace elite tier competition. And the servers are a nightmare from game to game, with zero consistency and gamebreaking/skill capping results. It's embarrassing in the year 2019 that playing east coast vs. west coast might as well be playing on Earth vs. Saturn.

I play on Xbox.

Damn, I wish you were PS4. We're probably looking for someone new if you were up for it haha.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Damn, I wish you were PS4. We're probably looking for someone new if you were up for it haha.

I heard a lot of top PS4 players are jumping ship to Xbox because the NHL community is better and more competitive there (I play a lot of competitive 6s).

You have way better games, but I win this one, Sony!

:(

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I heard a lot of top PS4 players are jumping ship to Xbox because the NHL community is better and more competitive there (I play a lot of competitive 6s).

You have way better games, but I win this one, Sony!

:(

Ahh damn that sucks. I only play EASHL with a club (well, some drop in here and there) and we're losing a person or two with some that only can play every so often.

I have never played NHL online. I usually go with Franchise or Be A Pro.

I literally only play EASHL every year. I play nothing else.

Reactions: VladDrag

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Ahh damn that sucks. I only play EASHL with a club (well, some drop in here and there) and we're losing a person or two with some that only can play every so often.

I literally only play EASHL every year. I play nothing else.

At least we both like Metal Gear.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
My Be a Pro character led the league in goals and points in both the regular season and playoffs in his rookie year. So I get a message from my agent in the off-season saying there's only two teams interested in signing me and for two years max, lmao. Ignoring the fact that he's a rookie and should only be getting a contract offer from one team

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Conan is free on PS4 this month. It’s a decent game. I think I’m currently level 17 in a solo “coop” server.
I can’t find iron for the life of me. No iron = no wheel of pain. No wheel of pain = on turning the tier 4 fighter into a slave.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
My Be a Pro character led the league in goals and points in both the regular season and playoffs in his rookie year. So I get a message from my agent in the off-season saying there's only two teams interested in signing me and for two years max, lmao. Ignoring the fact that he's a rookie and should only be getting a contract offer from one team

That's happened for years.

"There just isn't much interest around the league for a player who just broke numerous league records as a rookie. Sorry."

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
That's happened for years.

"There just isn't much interest around the league for a player who just broke numerous league records as a rookie. Sorry."
I've seen it plenty of times on YouTube but this is the first time in my almost 10 years of playing Be a Pro that I held interest enough to make it past the first year :laugh:

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
Sony reveals PlayStation 5 details: 8K graphics, ray tracing, SSDs, and PS4 backwards compatibility

I can't wait. I love playstation. I also read they will make this price friendly to gamers which is fine by me.

My favorite Game is the Hitman games, I also like how this is PS4 backwards.

Not sure what 8k will look like vs 4k but will see.

Is $499 friendly? don't see it being under that with the specs it'll need for 4K and beyond. Which is fine, but yeah.

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Is $499 friendly? don't see it being under that with the specs it'll need for 4K and beyond. Which is fine, but yeah.

The PS5 price tag will be "appealing to gamers" says its lead architect... whatever that means | GamesRadar+

PS4 and gamecube are the 2 systems I have currently. Not sure why I never got into xbox. I had it for Halo 2 but was a playstation guy.

Zelda is my favorite, its why I have gamecube 4 games on 1 disc.

When hitman came out in 2016 I thought that was the best video game ever created. If you never played it try it. Hitman 2 just came out and it's insane.

Hitman 1 is now free I believe

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
If anyone ever needs a defenseman that doesn’t play much defense and jumps up into the play and snipes+cellys...hit me up. PS4.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Because it's something they may be able to make more money off of. Seriously, the EASHL severs are ****ing bad. Do you have it for XB or PS4?
Have played a good amount of EASHL on XB1 and haven't had issues with the servers.

EASHL is the best game mode in the game by far and has the most potential IMO. They should put serious effort into upgrading it.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Have played a good amount of EASHL on XB1 and haven't had issues with the servers.

EASHL is the best game mode in the game by far and has the most potential IMO. They should put serious effort into upgrading it.

giphy.webp

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

It doesn't make EA money, so they won't. It's basically been the same shit for the last 3 years with EASHL. I get the new game every year and put in hundreds of EASHL games into it, but yeah, EA doesn't give much of a shit since it's an IP that doesn't sell as much as other sports they have and EASHL doesn't make them HUT money. So yeah, EA probably will make it way down on the list of priorities to make better.

Hey @Hollywood Couturier you still possibly available to join a club again? We've had people on and off and it's been tough to get a full team of 5 normally.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It doesn't make EA money, so they won't. It's basically been the same **** for the last 3 years with EASHL. I get the new game every year and put in hundreds of EASHL games into it, but yeah, EA doesn't give much of a **** since it's an IP that doesn't sell as much as other sports they have and EASHL doesn't make them HUT money. So yeah, EA probably will make it way down on the list of priorities to make better.

It used to semi make money with EASHL when you could buy boosts but they went away from that.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Use the Fortnite model. Let people buy the celebrations and what not. As long as it's just cosmetic stuff.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
Consoles need to become modular. Technology is moving too fast to release a console every 6-7 years. At release they're already behind a mid-tier PC and a few years in they're complete dinosaurs

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
I miss playing EASHL but felt robbed the last time I bought the game. Didn’t notice any changes for the better recently. Personally think the gameplay was way better on the last version of previous gen consoles...believe it was NHL 16. Since next gen it went downhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad