OT: Video Game Thread: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Just finished Devil May Cry 5. One of the best action games of this gen. Can't remember the last time i finished a playthrough of a game and immediately felt like starting up a new one when it was done.

Tomorrow's Mortal Kombat day!

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
The introductory price of the xbox one was 500 US. The PS4 was 400 US. Not sure where the 250 dollar figure is coming from. The technology in those consoles is now over 5 years old, which would significantly reduce the price of a PC as well.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Legit can't wait for Days Gone on Friday. Got the Collector's Edition and it's looking to shape up to be a real good one. Fun fact (I've looked it up in the past and I keep forgetting), but it's made by the same devs who made Syphon Filter back in 1999.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I kind of want to get into it but I feel like... I dunno... I think I was put off by Bloodborne because the parry/dodge everything style of gameplay isn't always for me. Probably while I like Demon's Souls and Dark Souls more.

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia
I kind of want to get into it but I feel like... I dunno... I think I was put off by Bloodborne because the parry/dodge everything style of gameplay isn't always for me. Probably while I like Demon's Souls and Dark Souls more.

I was hesitant to get it but I legit haven't stopped playing it since I bought it. Its very difficult and can get frustrating since you die so much. But dying just makes you want to keep playing so you overcome whatever mini or regular boss. I'm considering grabbing Days Gone as my next game, but waiting a week or two maybe. Haven't bought a PS4 game since Spiderman

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Sony reveals first details on next-generation PlayStation 5 console

I like how the new hard drive will help load games faster.

So how I see this,

PS5, will play PS4 and PS5 games.

The load rate will go from 15 sec to 1 sec.

It seems like games will go from physical to download except for ps4 games of course. I wonder if their will be a storage limit increase 500g or 1 g consumes fast with these games. I'm hoping for unlimited.

The original time frame was 2021 for release, but I think it will be 2020.

I'd expect a big presentation at E3 this year. I doubt it be this year.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
All right who got MK11? I had to go home and opened the package and fired it up and played a little before coming back to work. Looks like it is your classic Mortal Kombat fare.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh

So how I see this,

It seems like games will go from physical to download except for ps4 games of course. I wonder if their will be a storage limit increase 500g or 1 g consumes fast with these games. I'm hoping for unlimited.

believe Sony is skipping e3

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
fighting my way through the beginning of FFX and looking to spend some of this 50 bucks in credit i have on xbox

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
fighting my way through the beginning of FFX and looking to spend some of this 50 bucks in credit i have on xbox

I remember playing that game so f***ing much on the PS2. I would just beat the end of the game over and over again because it was fun. Most of my characters broke the HP, Damage and MP limits.

Reactions: trostol

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

So how I see this,

I hate the idea of going from physical games to download only. Not good for local small business video game retailers.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I remember playing that game so ****ing much on the PS2. I would just beat the end of the game over and over again because it was fun. Most of my characters broke the HP, Damage and MP limits.

You should see my FF7 save file on my PS4. It's pretty ridiculous.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I played the **** out of the original version, but I ran into the glitch where you can never manually learn Omnislash...

That sucks! Didn't know about that glitch.

FF7 is my favorite game by the widest margin you can possible imagine. Incredibly important game in my childhood. I replayed it summer of 2016 on PS4 and mastered 3 copies of every single Materia in the game including the Summons, maxed out every character's stats, have all weapons, defeated Emerald and Ruby weapon for the first time, and so on.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
That sucks! Didn't know about that glitch.

FF7 is my favorite game by the widest margin you can possible imagine. Incredibly important game in my childhood. I replayed it summer of 2016 on PS4 and mastered 3 copies of every single Materia in the game including the Summons, maxed out every character's stats, have all weapons, defeated Emerald and Ruby weapon for the first time, and so on.

I think I beat Emerald legit but I could never kill Ruby. I did use a GameShark to give myself unlimited resources to make my own golden Chocobo so I could get Knights of the Round.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think I beat Emerald legit but I could never kill Ruby. I did use a GameShark to give myself unlimited resources to make my own golden Chocobo so I could get Knights of the Round.

I grinded so much that I have 3 copies of Knights of the Round, since they duplicate after you Master them :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad