OT: Video Game Thread: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
Been playing MTG Arena a ton.
Is it still beta or did they finally release it fully?

Also seems some are sour on NHL 19. Was thinking about grabbing it. Anyone care to share pros and cons? (Haven’t bought nhl since 2015)

Edit; ignore me. Just saw some of the feedback posted above. I’ll pass it seems. Too much other stuff to play (Spider-Man, odyssey, rdr2, etc)

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Guys, I'm not sure if any of you played Hitman in 2016 just an insane game of freedom to do whatever.

Hitman 2 comes out Nov 13 or the 9th if you have the gold or collectors edition pre ordered.

Here is a trailer for hitman 2

Reactions: dingbathero

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
What’d they do?

Idk feels the same even after the update the other day. Unless you haven’t played for 2-3 weeks. Patched stick lift hard last week so people aren’t mashing it. Poke check is still usable if you’re smart. They changed the LT cheesy turn thing a few weeks back. Supposedly, in the most recent patch, they fixed those little “bumps” from behind to strip you off pucks. I can’t even tell though because I still get knocked off too easily at times.

Oh, but major change: they re-added captains and assistant captains in club. So, you can make Andrew MacDonald away captain to your heart’s delight.

Are many of you redeeming dead reds?

Really want to, but I got sidetracked from playing the Witcher 3 the last 2-3 months. Need to go back and finish it first. My next game for sure though.

#earntemperaturecontrolledhorsetesticlestomorrow

Reactions: klutch

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Idk feels the same even after the update the other day. Unless you haven’t played for 2-3 weeks. Patched stick lift hard last week so people aren’t mashing it. Poke check is still usable if you’re smart. They changed the LT cheesy turn thing a few weeks back. Supposedly, in the most recent patch, they fixed those little “bumps” from behind to strip you off pucks. I can’t even tell though because I still get knocked off too easily at times.

Oh, but major change: they re-added captains and assistant captains in club. So, you can make Andrew MacDonald away captain to your heart’s delight.

Really want to, but I got sidetracked from playing the Witcher 3 the last 2-3 months. Need to go back and finish it first. My next game for sure though.

#earntemperaturecontrolledhorsetesticlestomorrow

Yeah, I’ve been playing. Haven’t noticed much of a change besides the letters.

Thought I missed something.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Just got red dead as a gift. Just like the first one it’s pretty damn awesome. It does feel a little more like gta than the first red dead does though, with the quest givers.
On a side note, I could not kill those wolves to save my life while on horseback. I ended up just trampling them. The firing mechanic is a little wonky, like it doesn’t register firing right away or something. I remember doing something in the settings for the first one but cannot remember what it was for the life of me.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Are many of you redeeming dead reds?

I had to take a 2 week break from Spiderman during the transition from my old house to my new one, but I picked that back up Thursday night so as soon I finish that, there will be some Redeeming of the Red Deads happening in my house.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Just got red dead as a gift. Just like the first one it’s pretty damn awesome. It does feel a little more like gta than the first red dead does though, with the quest givers.
On a side note, I could not kill those wolves to save my life while on horseback. I ended up just trampling them. The firing mechanic is a little wonky, like it doesn’t register firing right away or something. I remember doing something in the settings for the first one but cannot remember what it was for the life of me.

Was it something to do with targeting, or target-locking? I remember doing something like that as well, and I always need all the help I can get with stuff like that.

Reactions: Defect

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania

I haven’t played it yet, but I read somewhere that if you are using a single action revolver you have to press the right trigger to fire, then press the right trigger again to rotate the cylinder and cock the weapon, and then press the right trigger again to fire. I don’t know if that is correct or not but I hope it helps.

Edit: so basically three pulls on the controllers trigger to fire the gun twice.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I haven’t played it yet, but I read somewhere that if you are using a single action revolver you have to press the right trigger to fire, then press the right trigger again to rotate the cylinder and cock the weapon, and then press the right trigger again to fire. I don’t know if that is correct or not but I hope it helps.

Edit: so basically three pulls on the controllers trigger to fire the gun twice.
That makes perfect sense but at the time it was a double barrel shotgun. The delay was there as well. It’s odd that I don’t really notice the delay outside the wolf sequence.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Was it something to do with targeting, or target-locking? I remember doing something like that as well, and I always need all the help I can get with stuff like that.
Yeah it was definitely this. Whatever it was I did in the first one made a world of difference. I think turning the auto lock off might have made the targeting easier. It sounds counter intuitive I know.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
The wanted system is brutal.

Game is amazing but frustrating at the same time.
The wanted system kills me. I save a guy by meleeing his attacker, think i just knocked him out. Nope. Some dude is already 3 miles ahead of me running for the law cos i murdered him.

Other than that flat out amazing so far. I only wish they would’ve gone a little deeper on the survival elements, or backed off a bit.

Reactions: The Rage Kage

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
red dead is very...consuming i am seeing already...just getting into the free roam now and its..insane how much there is and how big this game is

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
The wanted system kills me. I save a guy by meleeing his attacker, think i just knocked him out. Nope. Some dude is already 3 miles ahead of me running for the law cos i murdered him.

Other than that flat out amazing so far. I only wish they would’ve gone a little deeper on the survival elements, or backed off a bit.
I would love some sort of meter that shows you if you need to eat or drink or whatnot.
Also, how do you auto follow someone on a horse? In the first one you just got up close and held X/A. It followed the turns in the road and everything.
I can’t figure out how to get it to work.

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
I would love some sort of meter that shows you if you need to eat or drink or whatnot.
Also, how do you auto follow someone on a horse? In the first one you just got up close and held X/A. It followed the turns in the road and everything.
I can’t figure out how to get it to work.
They sort of do that w the cores. If your core is low or your bar is low it’s time to eat/drink, but it would be better if you didn’t have to eyeball it yourself constantly.

And yeah just hold a/x. Unfortunately i think you need to steer, yet sometimes you don’t need to. I’m not sure how it works other than holding the button to maintain pace.

The more i play the less this all feels cumbersome but it’s a learning curve. Can’t wait for online tho. Any word on that release date yet?

Reactions: Defect

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I like the play of the game and the overall feel, but dear ****ing lord do I hate the menus.

The 18 menu was solid. Why change it?

19 is the first NHL game I haven't purchased first week it hit shelves since 2007. I'm debating on it as well.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Coincidentally, I have read a quote by Rockstar founder Dan Houser that he is "happy new GTA is not coming out while Trump is president"

So that may be a while I think... :/

Rockstar is glad GTA 6 isn't out while Donald Trump is president - VideoGamer.com

Yeah it’s been speculated it’s not coming until possibly 2021-2022 anyway. Those comments don’t really mean much to me though. They’ve been dealing with some sensitive people ever since GTA 3. The sales don’t seem to reflect it in the end.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yeah it’s been speculated it’s not coming until possibly 2021-2022 anyway. Those comments don’t really mean much to me though. They’ve been dealing with some sensitive people ever since GTA 3. The sales don’t seem to reflect it in the end.

I started playing one of those - well, I played one in Vegas (I think) that was maybe GTA 2? - then I tried again with 4 or 5, but I can't ****ing drive in there, so I just ragequit.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad