OT: Video Game Thread: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I really like the modern GTAs... :(

I don’t necessarily mind it I just think there’s more source material if you go back in time. In reality blue collar type of crime & those type of criminal organizations are pretty reduced these days while white collar crime has really taken over especially with the internet.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don’t necessarily mind it I just think there’s more source material if you go back in time.
Really? I would think present day would be better from a story-telling perspective because in the past there's limitations (both historical and technological) you wouldn't have in present day.

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
I think it would be cool if the next GTA still kept 3 characters, but put them in separate time periods. Give me prohibition era Chicago, 80s era Miami/vice city and present day liberty city. I think linking the characters over time could make for some cool gameplay.

Reactions: BigToe

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You taking shots bro? -.-

tenor-1.gif

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Really enjoyed Hollow Knight, but it definitely was not easy. Some sections are as precise as Super Meat Boy.
I finally found where to go after probably two hours of random backtracking and finally upgraded my nail.

I couldn't play games like Super Meat Boy where it's frustration for frustration's sake. There's a bit of that in HK with the save points being sprrad out and chasing your shadow down but it's not horribly unfair.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
They sort of do that w the cores. If your core is low or your bar is low it’s time to eat/drink, but it would be better if you didn’t have to eyeball it yourself constantly.

And yeah just hold a/x. Unfortunately i think you need to steer, yet sometimes you don’t need to. I’m not sure how it works other than holding the button to maintain pace.

The more i play the less this all feels cumbersome but it’s a learning curve. Can’t wait for online tho. Any word on that release date yet?
I think it’s just TBA.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just finished Spider-Man last night. So awesome. Looking forward to starting Red Dead next.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just finished Spider-Man last night. So awesome. Looking forward to starting Red Dead next.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
The ending was a perfect mirror to Spider-mans origin.

Uncle Ben died because he was being irresponsible and selfish, Aunt May died because he was being responsible and selfless

Reactions: Amorgus

Soup Enthusiast

Good Soup
Jan 25, 2016
Fallout 76-Fun but no PTT and the FOV is very meh.

RDR2-Looks awesome but classic Rockstar not releasing it on PC for months so everyone will just have to buy it again. Hopefully they actually release DLC and not the equivalent of shark cards like GTA. GTA was completely ruined by the online play and the shark cards. If you can get into private roleplay servers for GTA then definitely try it out. So many awesome characters and storylines to follow.

New ARK expansion looks decent but it does involve a ton of grinding. I think it's on sale for $20 this weekend or something like that.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Fallout 76-Fun but no PTT and the FOV is very meh.

RDR2-Looks awesome but classic Rockstar not releasing it on PC for months so everyone will just have to buy it again. Hopefully they actually release DLC and not the equivalent of shark cards like GTA. GTA was completely ruined by the online play and the shark cards. If you can get into private roleplay servers for GTA then definitely try it out. So many awesome characters and storylines to follow.

New ARK expansion looks decent but it does involve a ton of grinding. I think it's on sale for $20 this weekend or something like that.
I was all in on ark in the beta, but I never had the time for live servers. Playing solo gets old pretty quick and I never progressed far enough to get off the southern area, regardless of how high my level got.

Soup Enthusiast

Good Soup
Jan 25, 2016
I was all in on ark in the beta, but I never had the time for live servers. Playing solo gets old pretty quick and I never progressed far enough to get off the southern area, regardless of how high my level got.
Yeah ARK is definitely a game you want to grind with group of people to really get anywhere. There are a few people on Twitch doing ARK roleplay which seems pretty sweet.

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Finished RDR2...

I predicted exactly how it would end like half an hour into the game and I HATE that I was right. Absolutely incredible game but I hated the ending... exactly what I didn't want to happen. I wish I had done all the side missions I could find before I finished the story because it won't be the same doing it as John instead of Arthur. I really didn't want to believe they were going to do the same thing as the first game... but of course. I really wanted Arthur to somehow surivive.

And then it feels like everything you do as John in the epilogue and beyond is pointless because you know how he ends up too. I much preferred how GTAV ended where you can finish the main story but then you have all the time in the world to do side missions. AND EVEN THE f***ING HORSE DIES TOO? f***ING MICAH YOU LITTLE f***

Reactions: The Rage Kage

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Uncle Ben died because he was being irresponsible and selfish, Aunt May died because he was being responsible and selfless

Oh f*** I didn't even pick up on that. Reading that just gave me chills.

I think i'll download the first DLC tonight. Can't stop playing.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY

Seriously that game managed to squeeze in so much yet still nail the gravitas needed in its most important moments. Fantastic reimagining of Spidey's world and relationships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->