OT: Video Game Thread: Part One

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I started playing one of those - well, I played one in Vegas (I think) that was maybe GTA 2? - then I tried again with 4 or 5, but I can't ****ing drive in there, so I just ragequit.

You’re missing out man. In GTA 4 the driving engine was weird though I’ll give you that with the vehicle being off balance every turn. It wasn’t like that in GTA 5 though.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You ragequit gta because you’re a bad driver?

Yep, both of them. The first one I played for a while, but I kept getting arrested because of my driving, so I couldn't do anything. Then because I was so angry I went around killing everyone, so I got arrested for that too. I kind of figured running people over and killing people was the point, but I kept getting locked up for it. I was like ...

tenor.gif

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Yep, both of them. The first one I played for a while, but I kept getting arrested because of my driving, so I couldn't do anything. Then because I was so angry I went around killing everyone, so I got arrested for that too. I kind of figured running people over and killing people was the point, but I kept getting locked up for it. I was like ...

tenor.gif
I’m not sure how you’d get through any game if something that small made you stop playing gta :laugh:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Idk feels the same even after the update the other day. Unless you haven’t played for 2-3 weeks. Patched stick lift hard last week so people aren’t mashing it. Poke check is still usable if you’re smart. They changed the LT cheesy turn thing a few weeks back. Supposedly, in the most recent patch, they fixed those little “bumps” from behind to strip you off pucks. I can’t even tell though because I still get knocked off too easily at times.

Oh, but major change: they re-added captains and assistant captains in club. So, you can make Andrew MacDonald away captain to your heart’s delight.

Really want to, but I got sidetracked from playing the Witcher 3 the last 2-3 months. Need to go back and finish it first. My next game for sure though.

#earntemperaturecontrolledhorsetesticlestomorrow
Yen.

Reactions: Magua

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
The driving in GTA 4 was like the roads were covered in Crisco at all times. Between that and the constant phone calls and texts to go bowling I gave up early on. 5 was MUCH better, plus Trevor is the greatest character in the history of the series.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I'm still blundering through Black Ops 4 but I'm slowly climbing towards a positive K/D ratio in TDM. The Acoustic Sensor is a freaking godsend for me and the closest to having a personal UAV at all times. If my friends told me what it did earlier I might not have struggled for so long.

When nobody's around to shoot people with, I'm playing Hollow Knight but I may be stuck. I'm doing my damnedest to not look online for help.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Still struggling to like it... it's just so "meh". I expect so much more from Treyarch, not an afterthought when they were done with Blackout. They made it painfully obvious what their priority was.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Still struggling to like it... it's just so "meh". I expect so much more from Treyarch, not an afterthought when they were done with Blackout. They made it painfully obvious what their priority was.
That's very true. At least I find it actually playable unlike the non-Treyarch's ones. I'm still pissed my friend talked me into getting WWII by promising he'd keep playing it and then quit a week after I came back from vacation and bought it.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That's very true. At least I find it actually playable unlike the non-Treyarch's ones. I'm still pissed my friend talked me into getting WWII by promising he'd keep playing it and then quit a week after I came back from vacation and bought it.
Yeah, that was one of the worst ones yet. Might even skip the next Sledgehammer CoD... which would be the first time since 2007 I didn't buy the CoD game. Advanced Warfare and WWII were my two least favorite ever.

As dumb as it may be, I'm extremely hopeful about next year. The rumor is Infinity Ward is making MW4. MW1 and MW2 are my two favorites so that would be a great sign for me.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
When nobody's around to shoot people with, I'm playing Hollow Knight but I may be stuck. I'm doing my damnedest to not look online for help.

Really enjoyed Hollow Knight, but it definitely was not easy. Some sections are as precise as Super Meat Boy.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I would think Chicago would be a more logical choice of cities with big extremes in wealth and a historical crime/corruption problem.

It’s been rumored that it will be in Vice City again & it will revolve around drug running. There will be a playable map in South America that you can only get to be plane as well. Who knows if true though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->