Video : Dirty move in a beer league game

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
Is it bad that i loled for a good minute after watching that?

Someone in the crowd threw a watter bottle at the end too. We take our hockey pretty seriously as habs fans :laugh: i think thats at the Brossard rink (Habs practice facility).

Two idiot tough guys trying to look all tough and cool. Guy needs to be banned from the league asap.

Analyzer*

To do something stupid like that, the refs should stand back and let him get pummeled.

CapsWolverinesUSA

Jan 3, 2007
Imagine being on that moron's team and having to stand up for him.

I think I'd just let him get his a$$ kicked 1 on 5.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Imagine being on that moron's team and having to stand up for him.

I think I'd just let him get his a$$ kicked 1 on 5.

If I was on his team, best friend or not, he is on his own at that point. And I probably wouldnt want to play with him on the same team anymore either.

FanHabtic*

Burke should sign him. That is the definition of truculence right there. He'd make a good Leaf. (probably be a top-6 forward)

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I think the bigger issue here is someone was filming a beer league hockey game!?!?!?

That's what girlfriends are for!

Despite the stupidity there really wasn't much danger for the guy on the receiving end. Some punk in a beer league likely isn't going to have anywhere near the strength that someone like Marty McSorely has, and if you're going to take a stick to the head front and center is probably the safest place.

Now I'm not saying you're ok to be swinging your stick like that, but just highlighting why the guy didn't need to be carried off on a stretcher. Still well out of line and something to press charges on or at least permanently ban from hockey.

DungeonK

Love Thy Neighbor
Jul 6, 2006
Atlanta
That's what girlfriends are for!

Despite the stupidity there really wasn't much danger for the guy on the receiving end. Some punk in a beer league likely isn't going to have anywhere near the strength that someone like Marty McSorely has, and if you're going to take a stick to the head front and center is probably the safest place.

Now I'm not saying you're ok to be swinging your stick like that, but just highlighting why the guy didn't need to be carried off on a stretcher. Still well out of line and something to press charges on or at least permanently ban from hockey.

The stick broke in half... I'm pretty sure at that point additional strength wouldn't have made the impact any harder.

To say there wasn't much danger there is crazy, that's an EASY way to get a serious concussion.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
If that was a baseball swing instead of an ax chop, we might be having a thread about how someone died in a beer league game instead.

Geez.

Ron Barr

Doing it to Death
Dec 23, 2009
bdddddddet
I hate when beer league players actually get this emotional in games. Beer league is supposed to be a more organized type of pick-up hockey. But once in a while you'll get *******s like this who take it way too seriously.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
The worst in this is, IMO, the fan encourageing the guy who did that.
"Envoye varge-le esti" -> "Come on beat him ffs !"
Then she applauds. :facepalm:

Just imagine if the helmet was looser or not as good.

blueberrydanish

May 5, 2009
Almost doesnt seem real just because its amazing anyone would do something like that. Doesnt seem like it from the dogpile action but youd hope he got rocked a few times.

The more I watch it the more violent it seems, really hope he gets jail time and gets wrapped up big time with fines and all that, what a complete POS.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Welcome to Beer League hockey, fights happen it's part of the game

Lol, guys who take beer league seriously are complete tools. Whenever I get slashed or someone does something cheap I just laugh in their middle-aged, "I had the talent", trying to recapture the glory days, faces.

Keep your angst about your lame job, your ugly wife, and the fact that you're a complete loser off the ice. People are trying to have fun. No ones looking for ECHL goons in a rec league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad