Video : Dirty move in a beer league game

Gino 14

Aug 23, 2006
I can't even believe that the guy that got whacked even got back up. That's beyond dirty.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
That's atrocious. At first I thought it was totally inexcusable, then I saw the red guy was wearing 69. He might have deserved it.:sarcasm:

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Wow that is horrendous. It's caught on tape, I would literally press criminal charges. Beer league is not the NHL, there's no assumption that anything remotely like this is OK.

nexusrage21

Dec 14, 2004
That jerk broke his stick with his head!

Seriously though, people get way too crazy over beer league. What are you playing for?

BeBen*

2 handers axe chop in beer league

Don't even know what to say...

void

Jan 5, 2006
So disgusting.

Starts at the 30 second mark by the way.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Already a thread about this in "the rink," but yes, absolutely disgusting, especially in beer league. Honestly the guy should press criminal charges, he was lucky he could stand up right away, he could have been SERIOUSLY hurt. IMO the guy in white should spend some time in jail, even if it's just a couple days, that is assault. This is not the NHL where a certain level of violence is expected, it's non-contact beer league hockey. McSorley got convicted of assault for doing basically the same thing in the NHL, where the tolerance for this kind of stuff is way higher.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
Well, at least the guy in white had the right response at the end: if you do that and the other guy jumps right back up after being cracked over the head full-force, it's probably a good idea to start running.

DaFranzenator

May 10, 2009
????
Wow!! That was completely reckless and really dangerous to boot. Hopefully someone teaches this guy a lesson outside in the parking lot with their fists!!

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Holy crap. Thats crazy. Makes you wonder what in the hell possesses someone to do that. Insane.

no harm, no foul (as far as criminal charges)

just suspend the guy from the league, permanently

So I can punch you in the face all I want as long as you dont get hurt?

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Unbelievable... just a ridiculous move.

I also hate douchebags like the guy who got two handed who think they're beer league enforcers.

FanHabtic*

Colin Campbell: "Strong Hockey Play". At worst high sticking? ;)

babblemoth

my heart and I agree
Mar 7, 2010
ON
Was this beer league player drunk?

On stupidity? likely
On beer? also likely

Pretty unbelievable someone has the gall to do that in a rec league.

(On the other hand, we all know it was some kind of strange new publicity campaign on part of Dejardins, though. Maybe implying that they're tomahawk chopping interest rates?)

Elvis Presley

Aka #30
Apr 14, 2009
brooklyn
Saw this thread in The Rink. Reposted on FB because I was stunned. I hope that guy got the crap kicked out of him in the parking lot. Street justice style. That was one messed up move to pull. It would be an insult to the term 'dirty' to even call that play dirty, it's on a whole different level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad