Video : Dirty move in a beer league game

kr580

Who knows.
Aug 9, 2009
California
I would be hard pressed to not absolutely destroy that guy if he pulled a stunt like that on me or a teammate. Normally I'm calm but that would set me off. Wow...

HC Ref

Jan 4, 2011
I was there

By the way, this happened in rink 2 of Boisbriand, QC's new arena - I was there!

I was wondering when this video would surface. This happened a week or two ago. Notice the camera angle; it is on top of the players' entrance.
The league (MHL - now bankrupt) had cameras and filmed every game.

It wasn't the first playoff game for which the police had to be called this year... Strangely enough, I heard BOTH players were seeking to press charges!

CanFan05

Oct 18, 2005
Montreal
By the way, this happened in rink 2 of Boisbriand, QC's new arena - I was there!

I was wondering when this video would surface. This happened a week or two ago. Notice the camera angle; it is on top of the players' entrance.

It wasn't the first playoff game for which the police had to be called this year... Strangely enough, I heard BOTH players were seeking to press charges!

Yeah I figured it was in Boisbriand on the Desjardins ice.

MHL is now bankrupt? Wow didnt know that!

The Saw Is the Law

Jul 31, 2010
The guy probably got up concussed, but I still had to laugh reading this.

I cannot believe that guy got up after that.

Actually I believe that probably didn't even hurt much.

The slash was right to the top of his head and it wasn't blind side. And the stick broke. Not much power and he had time to prepare that. Mostly that is not dangerous with good helmet.

Anyway what he did was wrong and should be banned for long time. Slashing stick to head is horrible. Any respect for opponent?

BrentZ10

Jun 30, 2005
Welcome to Beer League hockey, fights happen it's part of the game
Fighting isn't a part of beer league. No one is being paid to be there.

The result of a beer league hockey game has no impact or importance.

Gino 14

Aug 23, 2006

The slash was right to the top of his head and it wasn't blind side. And the stick broke. Not much power and he had time to prepare that. Mostly that is not dangerous with good helmet.

yeah, the fact that the guy that was hit dropped like a stone probably means that there wasn't much force there.......what a stupid observation

takumi111

Aug 31, 2008

Anyway what he did was wrong and should be banned for long time. Slashing stick to head is horrible. Any respect for opponent?
that is an interesting theory, let's test it out!

you can be the one getting whacked :nod:

Trojan35

Jan 11, 2007
no harm, no foul (as far as criminal charges)

just suspend the guy from the league, permanently

Maybe this is different in canada but I'll bet the laws are similar. In the US...

Attempt to injure = Assault
Actual injury = Battery

So yes, even though he didn't get hurt, it's still Assault.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
That's assault brotha
hgbmcollection1.jpg

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver

I must say, this sounds like a pretty pathetic league. Bunch of fat old men trying to achieve their version of glory?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Just goes to show, there are idiots playing hockey in every league, in every part of the world. That guy probably wouldn't have made it off the ice intact if he did that to a teammate of mine. Should be suspended FOR LIFE for that, and probably spend a night in jail too, to think about how stupid his actions were.

What. An. Idiot.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Maybe this is different in canada but I'll bet the laws are similar. In the US...

Attempt to injure = Assault
Actual injury = Battery

So yes, even though he didn't get hurt, it's still Assault.

100% agreed. With video tape evidence it's an open and shut case. I had to watch the video twice to figure out what I was watching. The first time I thought he broke his stick slashing the other guys stick or hitting the ice. Lifetime ban from the rink, criminal charges. If you have that short of a fuse and your first instinct is to raise a stick up over your head and bring it down full force on somebody's head I would bet there is a history of violence or a future in it for this guy.

budster

Schoolyard Puck

Bingo. I remember learning this in my high school physics class. [link] It probably would have been worse if the stick didn't break.

But yeah, no question the dude should be tossed for good. That was def malicious intent.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
That guy should be banned from hockey in general. I hope this video makes its way around the internet and the league makes a public comment about it and his name to make sure he doesn't play anywhere. If I saw a guy do that even if he was on my team, I'd go kick his ass.

mobilus

Five and a game
Jan 6, 2009
high slot
I just noticed, Ogilthorpe there is wearing a white jersey, while the rest of his team is wearing green.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
That really bothered me. My competitive playing career ended with a similar play, but with the guy swinging across after a check. My head still isn't right and that play happened 5 years ago, I wake up not knowing where I am somedays, completely blank out some others. This play both scares and angers me, hope that guy gets what he deserves.

Thresh

Dec 30, 2010
That really bothered me. My competitive playing career ended with a similar play, but with the guy swinging across after a check. My head still isn't right and that play happened 5 years ago, I wake up not knowing where I am somedays, completely blank out some others. This play both scares and angers me, hope that guy gets what he deserves.

I don't know what to say except that i really hope your injury fades someday and that the guy that did it is behind bars. It's not right that somebody can be permanently injured in a sport due to violent behaviour. Any punishment cannot make up for the damage they have done.

This goes for the idiot in the video too. Totally disgraceful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->