Player Discussion Victor Olofsson (2014, 181st) – '18-19: Rochester #12 (AHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
If you are doing well in relegation/playoffs in the SHL you are usually going to be decent in the NHL. I’m an advocate for building a winning culture in Rochester but giving our young players a taste of the NHL before next season would be smart.
I don’t disagree that giving them cups of coffee is a smart and prudent thing to do, I just laugh at people who see pro hockey players struggling in the NHL and automatically assume that players playing well in the AHL will play better than their counterparts are. Taking healthy tweeners and replacing them with different healthy tweeners is just rearranging deck chairs, until a player on the Amerks demonstrates that he’s simply far too good to be playing in that league, we should be saving Rochester callups for injuries. Or benching Sobotka.

Reactions: Sabresfansince1980

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I don’t disagree that giving them cups of coffee is a smart and prudent thing to do, I just laugh at people who see pro hockey players struggling in the NHL and automatically assume that players playing well in the AHL will play better than their counterparts are. Taking healthy tweeners and replacing them with different healthy tweeners is just rearranging deck chairs, until a player on the Amerks demonstrates that he’s simply far too good to be playing in that league, we should be saving Rochester callups for injuries. Or benching Sobotka.
Honestly, we don't know how AHL players will play in the NHL until they are given the opportunity. Even then, the youth and overseas players will need an extended look to see how they adjust to the pace of the game at the NHL level.

Reactions: Reddawg

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
He'll probably get a brief callup after the trade deadline when roster restrictions ease up. He'll be back in Rochester for the playoffs tho.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Honestly, we don't know how AHL players will play in the NHL until they are given the opportunity. Even then, the youth and overseas players will need an extended look to see how they adjust to the pace of the game at the NHL level.

If the season is lost, then let the kids come up one at a time and see how they look while also giving them an idea of what needs to be worked on. If the goal is to win you put the best players in position to accomplish that goal. Doesnt matter if you have $30 million in the press box or on waivers.

Reactions: Yatzhee

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
If the season is lost, then let the kids come up one at a time and see how they look while also giving them an idea of what needs to be worked on. If the goal is to win you put the best players in position to accomplish that goal. Doesnt matter if you have $30 million in the press box or on waivers.
Love it. Wish the GM felt the same.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
We’re eight points out of 2nd in the division with game in hand on Toronto who hasn’t been a lot better than us over the last ten games. The season is very far from “lost”, there’s a lot of hockey left.

Reactions: tsujimoto74

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
We’re eight points out of 2nd in the division with game in hand on Toronto who hasn’t been a lot better than us over the last ten games. The season is very far from “lost”, there’s a lot of hockey left.

The team has been playing better of late, too. Getting more shots/chances and giving up less. We just haven't gotten the bounces going our way. If they keep playing like they have, we'll start picking up more Ws soon.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
The team has been playing better of late, too. Getting more shots/chances and giving up less. We just haven't gotten the bounces going our way. If they keep playing like they have, we'll start picking up more Ws soon.

we need to add another center or Mitts needs an epiphany...

Reactions: Fearnot

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
we need to add another center or Mitts needs an epiphany...

I hear Berglund is availible.

But seriously.

Trade one of the winger prospects for a equal centre prospect, as all we have is pretty much Asplund.

Alex Nylander & Ristolainen for William Nylander & Zaitsev.

Fair trade and I think Zaitsev could bounce back on a new team.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
I hear Berglund is availible.

But seriously.

Trade one of the winger prospects for a equal centre prospect, as all we have is pretty much Asplund.

Alex Nylander & Ristolainen for William Nylander & Zaitsev.

Fair trade and I think Zaitsev could bounce back on a new team.
Bounce back from what?

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Fun fact: Olofsson had a 5v5 goal, a PP goal, and a short handed goal tonight. Huge 4 pt night for him.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

Seems like Olofsson has been one of the best goal scorers in the league the whole year. By your definition what would one need to do to demonstrate he is too good for the A?

Genny Screamer

Jul 11, 2017
Buffalo, NY
No idea, he’s not near as good as McDavid. Eichel isn’t going to turn scrubs into 25-30 goal guys, McDavid can.

McDavid and Draisaitl are playing with Ty Rattie. In 33 games Rattie has 4 goals and 6 assists. Let's see if McDavid can turn this "scrub" into a 35 goal scorer. McDavid was playing with Chiasson, but they were so bad defensively they had to be split up.

Reactions: schpaff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad