Rumor: Victor Mete + Paul Byron on the block

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Habs don't NEED to move anyone. If they send Weal down and go with a 22 man roster, they're barely under the cap.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Habs don't NEED to move anyone. If they send Weal down and go with a 22 man roster, they're barely under the cap.

Begevin said he wants to be about 1-1.5 under the cap. So it seems likely that someone is moved. Very possible its weal and he is replaced with a league minimum guy and they role with 500k space but that doesn't line up with Bbinz plan.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
TyJo passed waivers so Byron has neg value
Most likely, however, I'm sure the few teams that might be interested in Johnson want to pressure Tampa into giving up on a better player. No one wants to help the Stanley Cup champ win a second one.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
With only 12 forwards and 0 wiggle room though.

Montreal has a ludicrous amount of 3rd/4th/5th rounders next year. I'd think they'd definitely be fine moving up to 3 picks in that range to not have that headache if it gets someone to take Byron

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Now that we got bigger, i'd keep my man Byron without hesitation.

Weal is useless tho, peace oot

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
All these teams over the cap, all trying to dump salary to get below the cap... And nobody stepping up to take on the cap. Meanwhile, lots of quality UFAs continue to go unsigned...

Something is gonna have to give here. The teams looking to get below the cap are really going to have to pay assets if they want to dump salary, especially when a team like Ottawa or Detroit could get quality NHL players for pennies on the dollar in free agency right now.

I think a few GMs are still not willing to budge. At some point, a few players will get moved in deals that essentially net a first to move a player but my guess is they will be a bit complicated to fudge the return.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Lol.... Mete + Byron + what of value to take these 2 off the Habs hands?

I’d take Armia back to WPG, but not with these 2 attached.
Armia + Mete might work

lol you're not getting Armia back

Mete cost nothing.

Byron I imagine would cost us a 2nd to dump for a 7th, or an AHL contract. Would be nice to dump him for a skilled AHLer who isn't NHL material..

why would we dump Byron with a pick when we could just waive him (and save some cap even if someone doesn't take him)

Byron (1m retained) + Mete + Lindgren to Ottawa for a 3rd is my guess

you don't know Melnyk

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille