Player Discussion: Victor Hedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
I don't think the Conference Finals are the time to worry about player development.
What better way to develop than at the highest level? We're still winning with him on the PP1 so I guess that's why it hasn't been tweaked?

Discipline

Oct 14, 2019
North Carolina
Coolhockey has the 2020 SCF patches ready to go. I just bought a Hedman with the 2020 cup patch.

But what a series, what a player. the goat in modern day dman! HEDMAN

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
He's in that legendary tier now. It's not even about how he compares to his peers anymore, because he's clearly the best. It's how he compares all-time now. It's been amazing to watch him grow into this.

You wanna know why we keep having such shit luck? Hedman is having an all-out war with the hockey Gods of old to see who the true supreme deity is. As you alluded to, only few have ever ascended this far. When your name is above Bobby f***ing Orr you're doing something beyond words

The Gods will not go quietly

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Kinda surprises me how the main boards still aren't 100% on board with Hedman on another level.

I have a feeling a lot of them are prob not watching

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Kinda surprises me how the main boards still aren't 100% on board with Hedman on another level.

I have a feeling a lot of them are prob not watching

We are watching a second coming of Lidstrom and the mortals have no idea. Let them be stupid. We on the other hand just have to enjoy this stretch of play by Hedman for as long as it lasts. It's "baby GOAT" stuff we're seeing where a guy plays to that level albeit briefly in an otherwise HHOF career.

Dallas is going to have no answer for this if Heddy keeps this up

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
We are watching a second coming of Lidstrom and the mortals have no idea. Let them be stupid. We on the other hand just have to enjoy this stretch of play by Hedman for as long as it lasts. It's "baby GOAT" stuff we're seeing where a guy plays to that level albeit briefly in an otherwise HHOF career.

Lidström did get kinda the same attitude until he began winning Norris after Norris. It's hard to shiny when you are making everything look so easy. ;)

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Hedman is the best Defenseman on the planet, and easily one of the best hockey players in the world regardless of position. At this point, if you watch hockey and don't think that to be true, then stop watching hockey because you obviously don't understand what the hell you're watching.
They're not watching the games. Thats obvious at this point.

Reactions: Discipline

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

It's hard to put a guy in Lidstrom's tier before his career is over, because Lidstrom just went for so long, virtually mistake-free. I don't think we're anywhere near the point where we can put Hedman in a conversation for top-10 all-time, but we might get there someday if he keeps this up.

So I don't think he can quite be compared to Lidstrom in terms of legacy (style is a different thing), but I do think he's the best defenseman SINCE Lidstrom, and the best of his generation, which includes Erik Karlsson.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
My god, I could watch this on an endless loop.

q710gG.gif

Seeing Victor alone in space just gives him such a man-among-boys quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad