News Article: VGK purchase AHL team from San Antonio, UPD BOG approved

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Doing tickets through AXS, so there's all that headache with fees and such.

FWIW, the BOG approval is generally a rubber stamp.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Is it the Orleans for the first 2 seasons?

Sounds like it.

I approve this message.

GupCERT.gif

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
They can't use gray with the silver, can they?

It seems they would have a shiny, cool gray color they call silver and take off the gray and gold. They would have to lean into the black, red and white more.

Possibly the same Golden Knights logo in silver? With the black circle an team name around it like the Rampage?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
They can't use gray with the silver, can they?

It seems they would have a shiny, cool gray color they call silver and take off the gray and gold. They would have to lean into the black, red and white more.

Possibly the same Golden Knights logo in silver? With the black circle an team name around it like the Rampage?

Possible to all the above.

They will probably use the VGK crossed swords as the shoulder badge.

Could do a "shield" in the shape of Nevada with the helmet superimposed.

Could do more of a anthropomorphic knight.

Lots of possibilities.

Reactions: Vegan Knight

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Possible to all the above.

They will probably use the VGK crossed swords as the shoulder badge.

Could do a "shield" in the shape of Nevada with the helmet superimposed.

Could do more of a anthropomorphic knight.

Lots of possibilities.

Ahhhh that's right, they probably could do something with a Nevada shape, good call!

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
I’m pretty excited. Hopefully I get accepted for tickets. Not sure how many deposits went down today or will go down and I know current season ticket holders will get priority, although I’m not sure if that’s a good idea if they’re looking to grow the game.
Don’t really have expectations for name/colors/jerseys.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
You have to wonder if Seattle/AHL BOG were approached at all before they expanded to Palm Springs.
I guess that caught Foley by surprise in September.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Serious question...."Lifeguard Arena" I always envisioned as a CNA type facility. There's talk in press about that being the locale of the AHL team games. One article says construction hasn't begun yet. But construction on Lifeguard has already been underway. Rumors, none I could find in press, have been that they would build yet another Arena near Henderson International.....

You need a 6000-7000 seat arena along the lines of what Orleans offers. Is there space for such an arena and parking at the Downtown hendertucky site?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Serious question...."Lifeguard Arena" I always envisioned as a CNA type facility. There's talk in press about that being the locale of the AHL team games. One article says construction hasn't begun yet. But construction on Lifeguard has already been underway. Rumors, none I could find in press, have been that they would build yet another Arena near Henderson International.....

You need a 6000-7000 seat arena along the lines of what Orleans offers. Is there space for such an arena and parking at the Downtown hendertucky site?

I heard Lifeguard Arena was too small and would have two sheets of ice so I don't know if there's any way they could change it to be the arena. It's supposed to open later this year so I can't see them having time to change it.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Henderson International is not close to downtown Henderson.

That's the whole point of why I need to know. I live near Henderson International.

I should have said "yet another arena, this one near HI." I didn't mean there is already one in the works there.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Hearing that the new arena would be near the M Resort. :dunno:

Golden Knights’ new AHL team could be called Silver Knights

Foley confirms organization has trademarked "Silver Knights".

No confirmation beyond Orleans arena usage. (So still drawing board for arena?)

I heard Southern Highlands wanted their own version of downtown Summerlin near them, would the arena anchor that place? That's the border of west Henderson, right? Exactly next to Southern Highlands? That would probably be close enough for everyone to work together.

Oh, and didn't McKenzie report that Silver Knights was the second choice, and they only decided not long before the reveal? It makes sense they would have it trademarked, probably already have some designs also.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I heard Southern Highlands wanted their own version of downtown Summerlin near them, would the arena anchor that place? That's the border of west Henderson, right? Exactly next to Southern Highlands? That would probably be close enough for everyone to work together.

Oh, and didn't McKenzie report that Silver Knights was the second choice, and they only decided not long before the reveal? It makes sense they would have it trademarked, probably already have some designs also.
There's not nearly enough undeveloped land for either a mall or an arena in SH, much less both. Now lv Blvd plenty of land. Between M and the exec airport, plenty of land. North of Cactus near SH, plenty of land.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad